Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Volkl's NEW Website (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454689)

Cesar1992 02-13-2013 02:10 PM

Volkl's NEW Website

Check-out Volkl's new website: http://vb-tennis.com/

ArliHawk 02-14-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesar1992 (Post 7212401)

Glad to see this updated. As a recent convert to Volkl (the Organix V1 MP), I am happy to see that they are going to be staying in the business. Just love the easy power and comfort on the arm. Coming from the APD, it seems just as powerful/spinny and a lot more comfortable.

Sander001 02-14-2013 06:29 PM

Staying in business? Were they in danger previously?

ArliHawk 02-14-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sander001 (Post 7214999)
Staying in business? Were they in danger previously?

There were people on the board who said they might be. Guess the ski business makes them a lot of money.

Bartelby 02-14-2013 07:06 PM

The ski business sold the tennis business as it wasn't making any money, so the brand is sold under license.

r5d3 02-14-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7213698)
Glad to see this updated. As a recent convert to Volkl (the Organix V1 MP), I am happy to see that they are going to be staying in the business. Just love the easy power and comfort on the arm. Coming from the APD, it seems just as powerful/spinny and a lot more comfortable.

Great minds. I am expecting my V1 MP Monday, how do you like yours? How did you string it up? Also coming from the Pure Drive, which was just a tad too stiff for the arm. Didn't cause any serious harm, but I've never experienced any arm discomfort before this stick and didn't feel like waiting for any serious harm to come.

Liking the website, and it looks like I have a couple dealers in the south of Michigan, might have to hit them up for one of those hats.

It is nice to still have Völkl around. My first ever raquet back in '81 was a Völkl hand me down from my dad. Nice to come full circle 32 years later.

ArliHawk 02-15-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r5d3 (Post 7215085)
Great minds. I am expecting my V1 MP Monday, how do you like yours? How did you string it up? Also coming from the Pure Drive, which was just a tad too stiff for the arm. Didn't cause any serious harm, but I've never experienced any arm discomfort before this stick and didn't feel like waiting for any serious harm to come.

Liking the website, and it looks like I have a couple dealers in the south of Michigan, might have to hit them up for one of those hats.

It is nice to still have Völkl around. My first ever raquet back in '81 was a Völkl hand me down from my dad. Nice to come full circle 32 years later.

I like the feel of multis, so I have it string up with Prince Premier attack. Great feel and pocketing and great power. Just love the racquet.

srvnvly 02-15-2013 04:57 PM

ArliHawk - you are a former APDGT user, correct? If so, can you compare? If not, can you talk about power, plowthrough and comfort? Thanks!

r5d3 02-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7217060)
I like the feel of multis, so I have it string up with Prince Premier attack. Great feel and pocketing and great power. Just love the racquet.

Good deal, I'm getting mine with XCel at 57 lbs. Used Xcel in the PD and loved it, didn't figure to risk a change.

Waiting til Monday won't be easy.

Ess 02-15-2013 10:11 PM

The new website looks very nice. I wouldn’t mind seeing a resurgence of the Volkl brand as they make some very nice racquets.

cluckcluck 02-15-2013 10:31 PM

It's refreshing to see the close up of the strings, something that many companies forget to do.

ArliHawk 02-16-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnvly (Post 7217112)
ArliHawk - you are a former APDGT user, correct? If so, can you compare? If not, can you talk about power, plowthrough and comfort? Thanks!

Yes, I am. I don't notice any difference in power with the Volkl. My serve is very powerful with it, and I feel like I can hit a little flatter, too. The comfort of this racquet is simply amazing. I don't notice any problems with stability, and it is great on volleys. I am playing mine stock and don't see a need to added any lead tape.

racertempo 02-16-2013 05:56 AM

I hope TW starts to carry the V-Torque string that they list as new on the website.

srvnvly 02-16-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7217745)
Yes, I am. I don't notice any difference in power with the Volkl. My serve is very powerful with it, and I feel like I can hit a little flatter, too. The comfort of this racquet is simply amazing. I don't notice any problems with stability, and it is great on volleys. I am playing mine stock and don't see a need to added any lead tape.

Thanks for the info, I'm moving this to the must-demo list!

r5d3 02-16-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racertempo (Post 7217790)
I hope TW starts to carry the V-Torque string that they list as new on the website.

Neon green. Nice match for those new X7 racquets.

r5d3 02-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7217745)

First match day went quite well. I was much more solid at net, and generally hit with the same amount of power as the PD. My first serve was a bit off, but that happens sometimes, it'll probably come back to me next to me. My 2nd serves were fantastic, I could hit them with more pace (probably about 5 mph faster) and more spin plus better placement. The only shot I couldn't hit as well as with the PD was the backhand slice dropshot, but I'll get that down too.

And absolutely zero pain, that was the biggest thing. I was hoping for a racquet that played like the PD but was friendlier on the arm, instead I got a racquet that plays better than the PD and is friendly on the arm. Great purchase indeed.

Boricua 02-22-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesar1992 (Post 7212401)

Good they have a nice website. Great platform to make known and sell their quality products,

ArliHawk 02-22-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r5d3 (Post 7229669)
First match day went quite well. I was much more solid at net, and generally hit with the same amount of power as the PD. My first serve was a bit off, but that happens sometimes, it'll probably come back to me next to me. My 2nd serves were fantastic, I could hit them with more pace (probably about 5 mph faster) and more spin plus better placement. The only shot I couldn't hit as well as with the PD was the backhand slice dropshot, but I'll get that down too.

And absolutely zero pain, that was the biggest thing. I was hoping for a racquet that played like the PD but was friendlier on the arm, instead I got a racquet that plays better than the PD and is friendly on the arm. Great purchase indeed.

Glad you like it. The main thing that made me wary was the light weight (and the color), but it seems very stable for such a light racquet. This has helped my volleys immensely. And I don't feel like I've lost any power from APDGT.

McNasty 02-22-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r5d3 (Post 7217333)
Good deal, I'm getting mine with XCel at 57 lbs. Used Xcel in the PD and loved it, didn't figure to risk a change.

Waiting til Monday won't be easy.

I also switched from the PD and APD when those just killed my shoulder. I went with a full bed of Xcel at 50 at love the stick.

cork_screw 02-22-2013 12:38 PM

I think they could have done a better job. There's some really good designers out here in New York and Brooklyn that could have probably made it look really nice. The site they have up now, I could have finished in 2 weeks, not even trying.

I also really think they should just scrap their organix name and invest on individual spec lines like Head has created with the Radical, Prestige, Speed, Extreme; and wilson has with Pro Staff, Steam, 98 (series blx/kblade). When they put up all those numbers people don't identify with it like they do with specific names. Numbers really mean nothing to humans, they might mean more to a computer, but not to us. Also, they've had that organix name for such a long time it really doesn't serve any good purpose. I would scrap it, deal out a new technology and upgrade it every year with spec lines like all the other major successful companies. When you see how Volkl, Yonex, Dunlop, Prince operate you see why they are behind Babolat, Head and Wilson. If I was hired to revamp their company I would make so many changes... And to reiterate, I don't think their site looks at all impressive. I would put up more flash material, videos and have interactive sections for a more user experience. Their site looks like a good blog site. I really wish I could add some feedback I would make that site so much better.