Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   tennis tutor plus portability (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454713)

ffxjack 02-13-2013 05:33 PM

tennis tutor plus portability

Thinking about buying one but I'm having a difficult time figuring out exact dimensions.

Anyone own one and can vouch that it fits in a standard sedan trunk? (prefer to have the option of driving my car and not my wife's minivan each time).

I understand that it's about 48 lbs and some threads have said it's not that easy to carry around due to the smaller wheels vs SP/Lobster. Any thoughts/suggestions?

kopfan 02-14-2013 09:20 PM

All portable machine can fit either in the trunk or at the backseat of a sedan. You should able to get the measurement at their website.

pingu 02-22-2013 09:27 AM

Tennis Tutor Plus 20"H x 19.5"L x 20"W.

greg_in_atl 02-24-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffxjack (Post 7212853)
Anyone own one and can vouch that it fits in a standard sedan trunk?

I have a tennis tutor plus and it fits in the trunk of my accord sedan, though I can't close the trunk lid w/ it in there - I just use a bungee cord to secure the trunk.

It also fits in the backseat...

ffxjack 02-25-2013 07:08 PM

new vs old?

Thanks for the precise info everyone. May have to use the wife's minivan...

Would you guys recommend a tennis tutor plus player w/fast charger that's about 6 yo old but supposedly has a new battery or a brand new tennis tutor plus w/2 line osc with 2 yr warranty? Price is pretty much the same.

atai 02-26-2013 08:25 PM

I would go with the brand new tennis tutor plus w/ 2 year warranty. If your used and out-of-warranty ball machine dies in a week, you have an expensive boat anchor. Yeah, you could get a repair quote from Sports Tutor, but who knows how much that will be?

By the way, if it absolutely must fit in your trunk, have you looked at the Tennis Tutor Prolite? I have one, and I think it would fit in the smallest trunks. You do lose all the good features of the Plus, though, like topspin and backspin :|.

ffxjack 02-26-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atai (Post 7238816)
By the way, if it absolutely must fit in your trunk, have you looked at the Tennis Tutor Prolite? I have one, and I think it would fit in the smallest trunks. You do lose all the good features of the Plus, though, like topspin and backspin :|.

Thanks for the suggestion but spin is too important to compromise. I can drive my wife's minivan if needed. I could also put it in the front or back seat of my sedan but prefer not to.

AYone 02-27-2013 03:59 AM

Tennis tutor has a helpful website with a lot of info. The Silent Partner is definitely not that easy to lug around.

retrograde 02-27-2013 09:29 PM

According to SP's website, the Lite and Lite-R weigh 34 lbs (due to the smaller battery) and the rest of their machines weigh 46 lbs or 48 lbs depending on the model.

Lobster Elites 1-3 are spec'd at 42 lbs to 44 lbs.

I'd say the above weights are pretty comparable to the TT Plus @48 lbs. And SP and Lobster both have high collapsable handles and larger wheels.

bee 03-13-2013 09:40 AM

Tennis tutor plus is pretty heavy. I have one and worry about hurting my back lifting it out of the trunk or SUV. I'm considerint the Lite version.

2ndServe 03-13-2013 02:42 PM

here are some tips.

1. it's a pain to get into a japanese sedan, you've got to angle it and push a little. It's probably 40ish lbs if you get the battery model and tall/thick. If you have a buick or cadillac, it'd fit in there no problem

2. get the model with spin it's very helpful if you're a 4.5+ player. If you're a 4.0 and below and don't see yourself moving beyond that level the non spin version is smaller and lighter

3. Check if your courts, club or association has a ac plug. The reason is that the non battery models are about 14 lbs lighter, 7lbs x 2 batteries. If you're older bending down and lifting into the truck a 20 something lb cube is much easier.

retrograde 03-13-2013 07:25 PM

I built a loading ramp for my wagon and SUV. It's made from two 6-ft long 1x10's. I designed it to work with both Silent Partner Edges and Lobster Elites. Cost me about $25 in materials. Edges were rounded off with an orbital sander to make it easy to grab and throw in the vehicles. Used a rub-on polyurethane to keep the wood from drying out. Stapled on some carpet where it touches the car and pavement.

You could also use a folding dog ramp, but the models with wider planks cost ~$100.