Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nike New Ultimate Tennis Bag (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455017)

maxpotapov 02-17-2013 05:12 AM

Nike New Ultimate Tennis Bag
 
Look, is not that awesome?

And seems very practical too.
Now I don't have to worry which brand is my bag and my racquets :)
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...KEA-NUATB.html

MAXXply 02-17-2013 05:29 AM

Nice but it does not have a separate racket compartment to carry rackets, no? The product description does not say that it does, and in the picture the side compartment looks only wide enough for just one racket.

Torres 02-17-2013 01:06 PM

Looks quite nice. Certainly something different / original. Would like to see how the insides are arranged though and what small pockets it has.

Overdrive 02-17-2013 02:34 PM

It doesn't have backpack straps...

Another racquet bag to avoid...

Say Chi Sin Lo 02-17-2013 03:34 PM

Is it just me, or does TWU takes ridiculously close-up shots of their bags that doesn't really tell its customers anything?





What the hell are we supposed to gain from these pictures?

MAXXply 02-17-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7221022)
It doesn't have backpack straps... Another racquet bag to avoid...

Backpack straps are an overrated PITA. The roomy carry straps are perfectly sized to quickly sling over the shoulder and go. The only dealbreakers for me are the price and lack of side racket compartment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7221151)
Is it just me, or does TWU takes ridiculously close-up shots of their bags that doesn't really tell its customers anything[/IMG]
What the hell are we supposed to gain from these pictures?

+1

Overdrive 02-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7221214)
Backpack straps are an overrated PITA. The roomy carry straps are perfectly sized to quickly sling over the shoulder and go. The only dealbreakers for me are the price and lack of side racket compartment



+1

It only takes a few more seconds to put on a bag that has a backpack strap. :-|

If your racquet bag is heavy, the amount of weight is placed on your shoulder which causes aches and possible injury.
I do agree if the amount of space is not enough for a bag, it's not for me. :)

gmatheis 02-17-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7221214)
Backpack straps are an overrated PITA. The roomy carry straps are perfectly sized to quickly sling over the shoulder and go. The only dealbreakers for me are the price and lack of side racket compartment



+1

Have to agree to disagree here. Backpack straps make a bag much easier to carry around.

Shaolin 02-17-2013 07:49 PM

Guys, I just looked it up on a competitor's site and it DOES have backpack straps. They are on the bottom of the bag. I guess TW Europe didn't find that feature important enough to show it.


Edit: they are on the other side not on the bottom of the bag.

Overdrive 02-17-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 7221622)
Guys, I just looked it up on a competitor's site and it DOES have backpack straps. They are on the bottom of the bag. I guess TW Europe didn't find that feature important enough to show it.

I still wouldn't buy it because it's not a Boris Becker bag. :)

Plus, it's white and the wear and dirt would be blatantly obvious.. :rolleyes:

Say Chi Sin Lo 02-17-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 7221622)
Guys, I just looked it up on a competitor's site and it DOES have backpack straps. They are on the bottom of the bag. I guess TW Europe didn't find that feature important enough to show it.


Edit: they are on the other side not on the bottom of the bag.

That's because they're too busy taking close-up pictures of the bags that leaves you wondering: "where the hell is that on the bag?!"

MAXXply 02-17-2013 10:13 PM

From the pic, there is what looks to be a narrow single racket compartment on the side yet the TW description does not indicate this. At 90 EUR (USD $120) I wonder who it will sell to? It might take Rafa or Fed to shift these and if so, they'll walk onto court with laughably even bigger Nike duffles/man-bags than they normally carry.

maxpotapov 02-17-2013 11:27 PM

Oh come on, you are being jealous of us Europeans, who get all the nice things ahead of you :)

Torres 02-17-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7221022)
It doesn't have backpack straps......

Yes it does.




Vlad_C 02-18-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpotapov (Post 7219574)
Look, is not that awesome?
And seems very practical too.
Now I don't have to worry which brand is my bag and my racquets :)
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...KEA-NUATB.html

LOL...
Not really...

mmk 02-18-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpotapov (Post 7219574)
...Now I don't have to worry which brand is my bag and my racquets :)

Why would you need to worry? I have a Pacific Basalt X bag (very nice), with Dunlop racquets. All I care about is the quality and utility of the bag.

maxpotapov 02-18-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmk (Post 7221900)
Why would you need to worry? I have a Pacific Basalt X bag (very nice), with Dunlop racquets. All I care about is the quality and utility of the bag.

This is, like, totally uncool! :)

maxpotapov 02-18-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad_C (Post 7221885)
LOL...
Not really...

Oh yes, this one looks sooo much better! ;)

...NOT!!!

Torres 02-18-2013 05:49 AM

Strange that there's no mention of racquet compartments....

> Tennis bag
> Large main compartment with zipped internal pocket
> Ventilated shoes compartment with outer mesh pocket
> Insulated cool pocket
> Zipped accessories pocket to side
> Dual carry handles to top
> Cushioned, adjustable shoulder strap
> Backpack carry system with adjustable shoulder straps
> Nike Swoosh
> L77 x D35 x D24cm

maxpotapov 02-18-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7222110)
Strange that there's no mention of racquet compartments....

> Tennis bag
> Large main compartment with zipped internal pocket
> Ventilated shoes compartment with outer mesh pocket
> Insulated cool pocket
> Zipped accessories pocket to side
> Dual carry handles to top
> Cushioned, adjustable shoulder strap
> Backpack carry system with adjustable shoulder straps
> Nike Swoosh
> L77 x D35 x D24cm

L77, more than enough for racquet covers.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse