Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Isospeed Control CLASSIC - good for hybrid? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455047)

mats88 02-17-2013 10:39 AM

Isospeed Control CLASSIC - good for hybrid?

Hi! Firstly, I must say the GUT is too expensive for me. The Isospeed Control CLASSIC is really gut-like multifilament. Very soft, muted feel, great playabilty. Is this string could be good as a cross? Anyone tried that? :)

I wonder to make a hybrid with Weiss Cannon SILVERSTRING as main?
(frame: Wilson Pro Staff 95).

Muppet 02-17-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats88 (Post 7220530)
Hi! Firstly, I must say the GUT is too expensive for me. The Isospeed Control CLASSIC is really gut-like multifilament. Very soft, muted feel, great playabilty. Is this string could be good as a cross? Anyone tried that? :)

I wonder to make a hybrid with Weiss Cannon SILVERSTRING as main?
(frame: Wilson Pro Staff 95).

I just got the Biomimitec 200 racquet. Have you tried it with a full set of Silverstring? I'm strongly leaning toward that string for it. Your advice would be appreciated.

I've found Dunlop Hexy Fiber to be an excellent cross with Cyber Flash.

mats88 02-17-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppet (Post 7220728)
I just got the Biomimitec 200 racquet. Have you tried it with a full set of Silverstring? I'm strongly leaning toward that string for it. Your advice would be appreciated.

I've found Dunlop Hexy Fiber to be an excellent cross with Cyber Flash.

I'm really sorry I don't have any experience with Silverstring in Dunlop 200. I'm focused on PS 95 lastly...

dabudabuda 02-17-2013 08:16 PM

Although my go to in my main rackets is the Isospeed Control Classic as a main string with a poly cross(durability is horrible without string savers on this setup), I still use it quite a bit as a cross with a poly main(no savers needed here). As a cross, heavy hitters that also hit with plenty of topspin will not get much durability. Lasts a good deal longer for flat to moderate spin hitters.

mats88 02-18-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabudabuda (Post 7221668)
Although my go to in my main rackets is the Isospeed Control Classic as a main string with a poly cross(durability is horrible without string savers on this setup), I still use it quite a bit as a cross with a poly main(no savers needed here). As a cross, heavy hitters that also hit with plenty of topspin will not get much durability. Lasts a good deal longer for flat to moderate spin hitters.

Great! If you've spent some time with that hybrid could you say what's the best tension for you? For both setups: 1)poly mains 2) poly crosses
Especially what's the best difference between poly and that multi?

Thanks! :)

dabudabuda 02-18-2013 07:56 AM

Well...I adjust my tensions depending on relative string stiffness, racket stiffness, hybriding and expected tension loss with the ultimate goal of getting a similar depth of pocket/dwell time from racket to racket. Remember that Isospeed recommends to string their Classic line 10% higher and I usually just go 6lbs each time. But I do have a general starting points for full string jobs on one type of string. In my PK Redondo 93, I start around 47lbs for full poly whereas a full multi or gut I start around 56-58 and with full IsospeedCC I may string as high as 62lbs. That is for one type string jobs though.

At the same time, tension in my rackets may not feel similar in your rackets because of stiffness, string pattern, head size, etc. For example, in my PK Redondo Mid compared to my PK Black Ace Mid(same exact mold but stiffer), I string the PK BA 3+ lbs lower to get a similar pocketing effect in both rackets with the same setup. Its seems to me that I get extra tension loss over time on my Redondo's compared any other stiffer rackets like the PK BA so I adjust for that also. I do not have a string tension checker so this is going purely by feel.

I could make a better starting recommendation if you answer these questions:
-What is your typical full poly tension and go to string?
-Have you used Silverstring as a full bed or hybrid and at what tensions?
-Do you use different tensions for the main and cross?
-Do you prefer a string bed that is more on the pocketing side or more on the "boardy" side?

If you must know though, in my Redondo I string
-IsospeedCC/Topspin Poly Polar at 62/55 and
-Topspin Poly Polar/IsospeedCC at 50/48.
Again the goal for me though is trying to get a somewhat similar feel in the way it pockets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats88 (Post 7221836)
Especially what's the best difference between poly and that multi?

As a full string job it's comfort.

Feel free to PM me because I am not always consistent with my activity on the boards.

mikeler 02-18-2013 08:50 AM

I'm measuring almost 25% tension loss with Isospeed Control Classic in a full job. So that 10% increase in tension is a good recommendation.

mats88 02-18-2013 09:09 AM

I don't have a PM possibility. I don't know why...
Could you give me an e-mail?

mikeler 02-18-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats88 (Post 7222528)

To protect from spammers who sign up with new accounts, you cannot send e-mails until you have 50 posts.

dabudabuda 02-18-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats88 (Post 7222528)

Sent email

rodrigoamaral 02-18-2013 05:10 PM

I have used it as a cross with a poly and it has worked great all-around!

rofl_copter3 02-18-2013 06:08 PM

The big advantage to isospeed control classic is how much softer it is at very high tensions. It is supposed to be softer than natural gut after you get up to a certain tension and beyond. The string itself doesn't have any outstanding qualities but seems to do everything pretty ok. It does allow you to soften up a poly with a cheaper alternative than gut.

mats88 02-19-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rofl_copter3 (Post 7223478)
It does allow you to soften up a poly with a cheaper alternative than gut.

That's what I wanted to hear :)

mats88 02-19-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodrigoamaral (Post 7223408)
I have used it as a cross with a poly and it has worked great all-around!

Could you reveal what tension of mains/crosses works for you in that hybrid? (of course if you also use low-powered frame)? Thanks.

dabudabuda 02-19-2013 08:35 AM

edit:Ah...just saw your email hiding between all the junk.

000KFACTOR90000 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats88 (Post 7220530)
Is this string could be good as a cross? Anyone tried that? :)

It's pretty much the same string as the cross string in the Head intellitour hybrid (As used by Giles Simon).
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...EAD-HIT16.html

mongting 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

To me, it breaks too early. Don't hybrid with sharp poly.