Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who will be the next Nike athlete to bring shame? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455215)

J011yroger 02-19-2013 04:53 AM

Who will be the next Nike athlete to bring shame?
 
First Tiger, then Lance, then Oscar. They have got to be running out of athletes.

J

sureshs 02-19-2013 05:27 AM

Me...............

PSNELKE 02-19-2013 08:50 AM

Jeter? - no
MJ? - no way in hell
Fed - Nope
Rafa - Nah

There has to be some other idiot.

ollinger 02-19-2013 10:49 AM

I don't care, I STILL want a pair of Oscar's Nike blades.

Dedans Penthouse 02-19-2013 10:58 AM

Victoria Azarenka the Bellowing Belarusian. She's a bad girl.


(sidebar to max):
max, you voted Jeter?!! - I know there's been a lot of Yankee-bashers who've been just waiting, praying, dying for this guy to mess up. Believe me, the guy just "gets it" as far as being a pro. Young, handsome, absurdly rich with the world on a string and yet you never see or hear anything untoward about him in the media being a screwup. The guy is just, well, he's just a solid, no b.s. dude. Heard a story on the local (NY) radio the other day from a guy Michael Kay who does Yankee games on the Yes Network.

Kay relayed a story about Jeter being in the locker room last year and Reggie Jackson was talking to some reporters or whomever off the record and Jackson made some greasy comment about "women" and then said: "right Jete?" to have Jeter affirm his 'wolf' comment. Jeter didn't take the bait and instead went about his business and didn't even look at Jackson. This came on the heels of newly acquired 3B/1B Kevin Youkalis who (without thinking) said just last week: "I'll always be a Red Sock."

Kay's point was that Jeter's character is such that he "gets it" and exhibits very mature discretion when it comes to what he does and says.


on-topic: Victoria Azarenka. I bet she's doing something wrong right now.

__________________

babyhagrid 02-19-2013 11:00 AM

Im hoping its Cristiano Ronaldo.

NickC 02-19-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyhagrid (Post 7224672)
Im hoping its Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronnie is gay, but won't admit it until he hangs up his boots.


Re: Jeter, I'm a Mets fan through and through and despise the Yankees with a passion but Jeter is pure class. Can't say enough good things about the guy; he keeps his mouth shut and puts up numbers. A model professional.

Say Chi Sin Lo 02-19-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 7225156)
Ronnie is gay, but won't admit it until he hangs up his boots.


Re: Jeter, I'm a Mets fan through and through and despise the Yankees with a passion but Jeter is pure class. Can't say enough good things about the guy; he keeps his mouth shut and puts up numbers. A model professional.

You're going to speak about class when you're accusing another person of his sexual orientation in a negative manner? Yeah Ok.

jaggy 02-19-2013 03:43 PM

Wouldnt Jordan's be the 2nd time for him after his gambling hiatus?

iradical18 02-19-2013 03:44 PM

Nah I don't think it'll be anyone on that list. However if the ITF gets strict I predict quite a few stories coming to light.

Relinquis 02-19-2013 03:52 PM

i think more gay players should come out openly. if the established large corporations can't deal with it, someone else will make money sponsoring them... it's 2013...

NickC 02-19-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7225187)
You're going to speak about class when you're accusing another person of his sexual orientation in a negative manner? Yeah Ok.

You obviously mis-interpreted my post.

I have no problems with the fact that Ronaldo probably is gay. Nor with gay people (FWIW the best boss I've ever had was flamboyantly gay and one of the chillest dudes I've ever met). But a lot of people DO have problems with gays and bisexuals, and some of those people are probably worth lots of money and have a lot of power in large companies who sponsor athletes. It would be a big boon to a company such as Nike have their most marketable footballer come out as gay in this day and age, as sad as it is to say. Ronnie coming out would probably be more meaningful in a positive way than anything he's ever done on the pitch, which is saying a lot, especially considering he's the second best player on the planet right now and he's been in the top 2 for the past 7 years or so. If I was a manager of a football team and I had money to make any signing I wanted, I'd sign Ronaldo without hesitation. He's an unbelievable player.


Jeter is class because he acts with class on the field - he doesn't act like a bad-boy, doesn't get into arguements with his manager, the opposing team, or the umpire, shuts his mouth and puts up numbers (which is what he's paid to do) and off the field - he takes no BS from the New York media, never was in the paper for the wrong reasons (partying too hard, etc..), donates a good amount of money to charitable causes and is a mainstay at various charitable events in the Tri-State area. He keeps his mouth shut, works hard, serves as a good role model and mentor to younger players, and delivers the goods he's paid for. He doesn't act like a spoilt child, doesn't use the media to call out teammates publically and doesn't get into hissy-fit games of he-said-she-said like some athletes do these days. I.E, he has class, so he is class.

Ico 02-19-2013 04:18 PM

Kobe Bryant

Dedans Penthouse 02-20-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 7225270)
Jeter is class because he acts with class on the field - he doesn't act like a bad-boy, doesn't get into arguements with his manager, the opposing team, or the umpire, shuts his mouth and puts up numbers (which is what he's paid to do) and off the field - he takes no BS from the New York media, never was in the paper for the wrong reasons (partying too hard, etc..), donates a good amount of money to charitable causes and is a mainstay at various charitable events in the Tri-State area. He keeps his mouth shut, works hard, serves as a good role model and mentor to younger players, and delivers the goods he's paid for. He doesn't act like a spoilt child, doesn't use the media to call out teammates publically and doesn't get into hissy-fit games of he-said-she-said like some athletes do these days. I.E, he has class, so he is class.

Couldn't have said it any better. Nice job Nick.



Quote:

Originally Posted by PSNELKE (Post 7224400)
Jeter? - no
MJ? - no way in hell
Fed - Nope
Rafa - Nah

There has to be some other idiot.

^^^
Agreed. I guess that only leaves us with Azarenka.

:-)

krz 02-20-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7225245)
i think more gay players should come out openly. if the established large corporations can't deal with it, someone else will make money sponsoring them... it's 2013...

I think it's the players themselves that would not be accepting of an openly gay player.

http://nesn.com/2013/02/49ers-it-get...eny-making-it/

It's pretty sad that people still think this way.

Also, ironic based on the demographic of the typical NFL player not to mention that this happened in SF of all places.



But, back on topic. This is a perfect opportunity to troll with Nadal and PEDs :P

subz 02-20-2013 06:35 AM

I think we fill soon find out that Federer is into sheep shagging :)

volleygirl 02-20-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7225245)
i think more gay players should come out openly. if the established large corporations can't deal with it, someone else will make money sponsoring them... it's 2013...



Yea, they should come out because we all know how much that will help the team and isnt that what all gay players really care about?

volleygirl 02-20-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 7225270)
You obviously mis-interpreted my post.

I have no problems with the fact that Ronaldo probably is gay. Nor with gay people (FWIW the best boss I've ever had was flamboyantly gay and one of the chillest dudes I've ever met). But a lot of people DO have problems with gays and bisexuals, and some of those people are probably worth lots of money and have a lot of power in large companies who sponsor athletes. It would be a big boon to a company such as Nike have their most marketable footballer come out as gay in this day and age, as sad as it is to say. Ronnie coming out would probably be more meaningful in a positive way than anything he's ever done on the pitch, which is saying a lot, especially considering he's the second best player on the planet right now and he's been in the top 2 for the past 7 years or so. If I was a manager of a football team and I had money to make any signing I wanted, I'd sign Ronaldo without hesitation. He's an unbelievable player.


Jeter is class because he acts with class on the field - he doesn't act like a bad-boy, doesn't get into arguements with his manager, the opposing team, or the umpire, shuts his mouth and puts up numbers (which is what he's paid to do) and off the field - he takes no BS from the New York media, never was in the paper for the wrong reasons (partying too hard, etc..), donates a good amount of money to charitable causes and is a mainstay at various charitable events in the Tri-State area. He keeps his mouth shut, works hard, serves as a good role model and mentor to younger players, and delivers the goods he's paid for. He doesn't act like a spoilt child, doesn't use the media to call out teammates publically and doesn't get into hissy-fit games of he-said-she-said like some athletes do these days. I.E, he has class, so he is class.



I have never been a Yankee fan but guys like Jeter and Mariano Rivera have both been as classy as anyone in the sport. Both guys have been great plus neither is believed to have been involved in the roid explosion like many of their cheating team mates have.

J011yroger 02-20-2013 07:36 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeter, or Mo was cheating.

J

Moz 02-20-2013 07:56 AM

Before I tell you all the correct answer, I would like to know what I win?

Ah, never mind. The answer is Jeter, but not the baseball player.

Mo would be the biggest can of worms and there are always rumours.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse