Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Making Tennis Look Easy (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455308)

JSouza 02-20-2013 01:34 AM

Making Tennis Look Easy

When the idea of pro players making our game look easy is considered, a certain Swiss player comes to mind. But while Stan Wawrinka does have an effortless looking western forehand, I think a few other players ought to be mentioned. I for one, as someone who was only just born in the 90s, find that when I look up matches from that time, Sampras makes the game look far too simple. Bomb a serve, a few easy strides, put away volley. Hey presto.

Who else tricks you into trying extreme difficulty plays and shots at the club courts?

The Meat 02-20-2013 01:44 AM

Easy playing style as in it looks effortless? Or easy playing style as in I'll put away the ball in a few shots without overexerting myself?

tennissportsrog 02-20-2013 02:01 AM

I think.. Roger is a player who shows tennis easy most.

But actual. Roger is also troubled by many pains or injury or sick. He has a pain of the back or the waist from the young time. Roger is cutting the Achilles tendon of the ankle in 2005. Or mono, suick of a lung, etc. also, age..

yeah, All the players are fighting with the slump. However, I am worried. :(

slowfox 02-20-2013 02:30 AM

Former pros: Edberg.

merwy 02-20-2013 02:33 AM

Berdych's shots look pretty effortless to me. The ball goes much faster than you would expect. At least it looks like that to me.

spinovic 02-20-2013 06:08 AM

Agree on Berdych. Obviously, Federer is so graceful he makes it look easy.

Watching Nadal makes me feel like I could rip a reverse forehand and bounce the ball to the moon....then I actually try it.

Sometimes I think I might be able to slide out wide, nearly do the splits, flick my wrist and hit a crosscourt winner like the Djoker. Fortunately, good sense prevails before I actually try that.

And, of course, watching Michael Llodra makes me want to serve-and-volley.

mental midget 02-20-2013 07:14 AM

rios looked like he was on the phone with someone while playing, gave almost no hint of exertion.

mattennis 02-20-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mental midget (Post 7226293)
rios looked like he was on the phone with someone while playing, gave almost no hint of exertion.

Yes, that was amazing. When he was on, he could just destroy you, and at the same time he looked as if he wasn't even trying...

That eastern lefty forehand allowed him to hit so early and make the ball travel so fast without that much effort at all...(an almost the same with his weird two-handed- backhand).

ark_28 02-20-2013 07:23 AM

Isner has a serve which many guys on the tour wish they have indeed former world number 1 Lleyton Hewitt said he would chose that shot to add to his game.

Courier said that any player on the tour would chose Isner's serve if they could take one shot from any player in the world.

Isner serves bombs and can do it almost in his sleep we saw this in his 11 hour match at Wimbledon evne when exahsuted he was serving aces and making it look so easy.

Kilco 02-20-2013 07:28 AM

Tomic easily, when he is on he is more effortless than maybe even Federer..Slappy forehand push the 2 hander down the line for endless winners, slice if feeling lazy.

Hodgey20 02-20-2013 07:37 AM

Isner does make the serve look too easy. But an all around game fed looks effortless when he rips winners, his groundies are so clean

Relinquis 02-20-2013 09:23 AM

santoro looks like he's just messing about, which he usually is, but he makes it look like anyone can do it...

jrs 02-20-2013 09:36 AM

Ken Rosewall - Darren Cahill or Mats Wilander was telling a story about him - a writer told them - at around age 34 - Rosewall mentioned to this writer there was slight pain or discomfort in his right shoulder. Writer said - you've never experienced any pain in your shoulder?
Rosewall replied - "No this is the first time"

That's got to be a smooth game!

Agassifan 02-20-2013 09:44 AM

Nadal and to an extent Djokovic make the game look very hard. Two of the greatest of all time, but man, it looks like a chore. Federer, Edberg and even Pete make it look easy.

mrmike 02-20-2013 10:06 AM

If you've ever seen Mcenroe play live, he is very fluid and relaxed in his tennis. His game looks easy, but the style he uses is very hard to master. Quite different than his personality and attitude on the court. When Mac is on, he seems to have the opponent on a string. He is doing very well on the Powershare series tour considering he is the one of the oldest guys out there.

Anaconda 02-20-2013 10:09 AM

Safin, Federer, Nalbandian, Edberg & Sampras all have effotless games.

Say Chi Sin Lo 02-20-2013 10:14 AM

Patrick Rafter making monster kick serves look easy, and the dude looked like he had a magnet for the ball at net.

vive le beau jeu ! 02-20-2013 10:22 AM

for me: edberg, sampras, rios, federer, baghdatis... they make it look easy. :)

Say Chi Sin Lo 02-20-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7226664)
for me: edberg, sampras, rios, federer, baghdatis... they make it look easy. :)

Easy, or lazy? :)

I love watching baggy though. With his pleasant, happy-go-lucky demeanor on the court, sometimes he does look lazy.

Chanwan 02-20-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ark_28 (Post 7226311)
Isner has a serve which many guys on the tour wish they have indeed former world number 1 Lleyton Hewitt said he would chose that shot to add to his game.

Courier said that any player on the tour would chose Isner's serve if they could take one shot from any player in the world.

Isner serves bombs and can do it almost in his sleep we saw this in his 11 hour match at Wimbledon evne when exahsuted he was serving aces and making it look so easy.

Except Raonic's is better (though not by much)