Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2013 USOpen Tickets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455331)

seleswannabe 02-20-2013 07:07 AM

2013 USOpen Tickets

Has anyone here ever purchased Open tickets thru a reseller? Looking for court side seats for opening night and I'm a bit hesitant to buy thru these sites. I actually see some pretty good tickets for a decent price (under $300), so I'm a little tempted.

Are there really any other options for a single session court side?

karim198 02-20-2013 10:09 AM

There are some good sites over the internet but most are scams.
Personally, I would suggest you to use **** or seatwave.com. However, if you are using ****, you should wait until 45 days before the match so that you are able to open a dispuite if there nis a problem. On the other hand, there is no problem with seatwave. this site won't pay the seller until the event has took place. Actually, I am using it to sell some extra french open tickets I have.

gavna 02-21-2013 10:51 AM

Honestly - court side for opening night for under $300 is setting off the BS meter in a huge way.

We have bought and hold series tickets (block of 12) court side box and pay more than that.

gavna 02-21-2013 10:57 AM

The BEST way is use the USTA resale site - I think it's called TicketNow or TicketsNow and its like he VIAGOGO site at the French - it's the only way (supposed to be at least) series tkt holders are to resell their unused seats.

I do know folks near us have said they sold their single seats for well OVER $1000 for prime matches even the first week.....check out he US Open link at USTA.

Tom Milan 02-21-2013 02:10 PM

I am thinking of visiting the US Open this year or maybe 2014. I am a newby here, and I am wondering, is it possible to buy tickets for the first week, lets say, from monday till monday? I suppose that I have to buy tickets for day sessions and evening sessions for the whole week?

gavna 02-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Milan (Post 7228972)
I am thinking of visiting the US Open this year or maybe 2014. I am a newby here, and I am wondering, is it possible to buy tickets for the first week, lets say, from monday till monday? I suppose that I have to buy tickets for day sessions and evening sessions for the whole week?

You have a bunch of options - yes they have packages - if you checkout the USO site or the USTA site and follow the links you will see the different packages - or of course you can get individual day/night sessions for whatever days you will like.

fasfsfgs 02-24-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7229574)
You have a bunch of options - yes they have packages - if you checkout the USO site or the USTA site and follow the links you will see the different packages - or of course you can get individual day/night sessions for whatever days you will like.

Hey gavna. I'm interested as well in US Open tickets and I actually wanted to buy a package since I'm visiting NY mostly to watch US Open.

In USO/USTA site, they are only taking deposits on mini plans and they are only for promenade seats.

I'm wondering where can I buy tickets for seats closer to the court. If anyone could suggest a reliable way to buy them, I'd really appreciate it.

gavna 02-24-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasfsfgs (Post 7233492)
Hey gavna. I'm interested as well in US Open tickets and I actually wanted to buy a package since I'm visiting NY mostly to watch US Open.

In USO/USTA site, they are only taking deposits on mini plans and they are only for promenade seats.

I'm wondering where can I buy tickets for seats closer to the court. If anyone could suggest a reliable way to buy them, I'd really appreciate it.

Those close in seats that are near the court are "season" ticket holders and corporate seating - many are also reserved for the various tours that offer full packages - those can run you at the least $1000+ per session - i know folks who have bought a 5 day package from a certain tour group and paid $6000+ for seats right behind the players. USTA in fact holds back a certain number of prime seats for corporate demands and VIPs - one reason you see so many empty seats courtside unless its a top top player.

It's a tough issue but just buy the best seats you can now - and on courts like 17 and the grandstand and even Armstrong you can get right down there courtside.

I would never trust google or resale sites outside the USTA one as I know folks in years past have been scammed and scammed badly.

fasfsfgs 02-25-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7233522)
Those close in seats that are near the court are "season" ticket holders and corporate seating - many are also reserved for the various tours that offer full packages - those can run you at the least $1000+ per session - i know folks who have bought a 5 day package from a certain tour group and paid $6000+ for seats right behind the players. USTA in fact holds back a certain number of prime seats for corporate demands and VIPs - one reason you see so many empty seats courtside unless its a top top player.

It's a tough issue but just buy the best seats you can now - and on courts like 17 and the grandstand and even Armstrong you can get right down there courtside.

I would never trust google or resale sites outside the USTA one as I know folks in years past have been scammed and scammed badly.

Thank you very much for the explanation gavna.

Here is the map for Arthur Ashe.
Even lodge seats are "reserved" seats?

Because, if I'm not mistaken, the best seats I can get from USTA website right now are lower promenade.

fasfsfgs 02-25-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasfsfgs (Post 7235014)

Because, if I'm not mistaken, the best seats I can get from USTA website right now are lower promenade.

Forgot to put the link for the map.
http://assets.usta.com/assets/629/15...Chart_1413.pdf

gavna 02-25-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasfsfgs (Post 7235014)

Correct - you cannot get Loge, Courtside straight off the website, season and corporate have them. You can get a luxury suite (I think a few are still unsold) those start at $50,000+ and that does not included the catering you must also purchase........

Harry_Wild 02-25-2013 09:08 PM

Here is away to get the best seat in the house and get in free too! Have one of the players invite you to watch their match - you are the guest of the player - you sit with their entourage - friends, coaches, family. Best seat in the house; better even then the VIP celebrity seats.

Of course; your odds are not good unless you were a childhood friend; their agent or an individual sponsor? Not talking about corporate sponsors - they have their own seats.

ollinger 02-26-2013 08:47 AM

This had better be for a very special girl or very special client. I say this because it can't be for the tennis. Opening night at the USO is like watching a root canal --- lots of squirming and grimaces from a victim who's unable to speak, usually a qualifier lucky enough to face the first or second seed. I certainly enjoy the USO but some of those first round matches are not enough to take me away from watching "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives."

seleswannabe 02-28-2013 09:32 AM

Good info, thank you. Glad I used my better judgement. I will wait until tickets move to the USTA resale site.