Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question about Tecnifibre Pro ATP 10-Pack Bag (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455333)

nyc 02-20-2013 08:35 AM

Question about Tecnifibre Pro ATP 10-Pack Bag

Hi Siobhan/Michelle

I read the Blog post about the Tecnifibre Pro 10-Pack (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tecn...A-TFPATP9.html) and it looks like it could be the Bag I was looking for. Unfortunately you only show the closed Beauty shot and no pics of the compartments.

Before I pull the trigger, just wanted to clarify a couple of things:

- Any chance we could see additional pics of the bag with the compartment layout? Google didn't yield anything.

- Is there CCT compartment? My understanding is that only the Monster has it -correct?

- Michelle (welcome to the Blog, btw!) you mention that it's fast becoming a favorite among the TW staff. How is it holding up to the stink? the Material looks like it doesn't breathe at all.

- Is there a vented compartment for wet stuff like on the VO Max 9 Pack?

Thanks so much in advance to your answers!

- nyc

TW Staff 02-20-2013 09:07 AM

nyc,

Thanks for reading the blog!

Yes, more pictures are coming! The bag is in imaging as I type, so keep an eye out for more pics (and I will too and will let you know when I see them up).

Correct, only the Monster has the Clima Cool lining.

So far, no stink issues, however, you're right, the material isn't super breathable and there are not any vented compartments. What I love about this bag is the durability and weatherproof material -- I can be quite hard on my bags and these have been made to stand up to anything! I wouldn't suggest leaving sweaty clothes in there overnight or anything though (but I probably wouldn't suggest that for any bag, even with vented compartments).

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, let me know!

Michelle, TW

nyc 02-20-2013 10:57 AM

Thanks Michelle for the prompt response!

I shall await the additional pics with bated breath.

If you had to choose between the VO Max 9 Pack and this one, which would you say is more practical to use (taking durability out of the equation)?

TW Staff 02-20-2013 11:43 AM

Personally, I like the Pro-ATP 10 Pack option a bit better overall. The VO Max 9 Pack does have the shoe pocket, but only has 2 main zippers. I end up putting my shoes in the main compartments of bags anyway (especially since those shoe compartments always take up space from the main compartments, you know what I mean?).

I don't know how many racquets you carry on average, but the bag is big enough for me to carry racquets and gear (change of clothes, shoes, towels, etc.)

Cosmetically, I also prefer the look of the Pro-ATP 10 Pack.

I'm on the lookout to see if Janko Tipseravic is currently or if he is going to be carrying the Monster 15-Pack

What are your biggest concerns and deal breakers for a bag?

Michelle, TW

nyc 02-20-2013 12:14 PM

I do like a separate shoe pocket as I frequently play on clay, and having a separate filthy compartment for that purpose (like the Volkl 9 Pack) is more convenient than a separate shoe bag (like Babolat), which is fussy and I'm lazy.

That and smart compartment layouts, zipper locations as well as a grab handle on the slim end are my top desired "make it or break it" features, along with subdued cosmetics, of course.

Alas, no bag seems to fit the bill 100%. I even had to stitch a grab handle onto my Volkl bag...I guess you could say I'm particular!

Ideally HEAD would make a better bag these days so it would match my sticks, but the Tecnifibre Bags are great quality (had one in 2009).

I do like the subdued cosmetics of the 10 Pack and I may pull the trigger thanks to your feedback. Besides, I will be playing on hard courts a lot more due to relocation, so the dirt will not so much of an issue anymore.

And yes, in my Google search I saw Janko is indeed using the Monster with his name stenciled on.

Thanks again,
nyc

TW Staff 02-20-2013 12:26 PM

I hear ya, luckily I don't have to deal with clay shoes too often (not to mention I hate slow, clay courts!)

You mentioned Head, just a heads up, there will be new Head bags coming very soon (with shoe compartments), if that is something you want to consider.

Michelle, TW

nyc 02-20-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7226804)
I hear ya, luckily I don't have to deal with clay shoes too often (not to mention I hate slow, clay courts!)

You mentioned Head, just a heads up, there will be new Head bags coming very soon (with shoe compartments), if that is something you want to consider.

Michelle, TW

Are you talking about the new Murray bags? That color is, uhm, special.

TW Staff 02-20-2013 12:58 PM

That and another line from Head are on their way. (I think they look better in person, but they have a very different cosmetic appeal compared to the Tecnifibre Pro ATP bags obviously!)

I personally don't think you can go wrong with the Tecnifibre bags though!

Michelle, TW

nyc 02-21-2013 03:00 PM

Booyah, pulled the trigger on the Tecnifibre 10 Pack.

Thanks for your help, Michelle!

TW Staff 02-21-2013 03:20 PM

Awesome! I think you'll enjoy it!

P.S. A couple more pictures are up today of it, even though you will have it in your hands soon!

Michelle, TW

nyc 02-26-2013 10:15 AM

Got the bag, and I must say it's really nice!

The compartment layout is smart, the materials look like they can take a beating and the zippers look pretty solid as well.

There's grab handles on either end which is awesome, and the wallet compartments are nice and small, so your little things don't get lost, and you don't have to fish for your phone forever.

The size is great - it fits racquets and tons of gear without being overly bulky.

If I had to knock anything, I would say the compartment separators could have been made of a thicker fabric and the backpack handles are a bit stiff. The bag needs a little airing out, as it off-gasses from all the polyester, but that should be good in a few hours.

Overall it's a perfect bag for my needs and the materials look really nice and stealthy.

Thanks again for your help Michelle!

TW Staff 02-26-2013 10:37 AM

nyc,

So glad you like it!

Enjoy!

Michelle, TW