Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A question about Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Tour? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455466)

Payam 02-21-2013 12:58 PM

A question about Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Tour?

Hi guys,

This is my first post here. I know that the power level of this racquet is low according to its specs, but its high swingweight puts it closer to the lightweight and powerful racquets like BLX Stratus 3.
So my question is does the ball go out if you have a full swing with DB200 Tour? Or does its powerful swingweight helps you have more powerful shots with a full swing?

The Meat 02-21-2013 01:07 PM

To me it was a very powerful racquet, I had to string in the 60's with a stiff poly to hit with a full speed swing. I'm more used to low powered Midsize racquets, but I would still suggest the 200 tour it's an excellent racquet.

LeeD 02-21-2013 01:15 PM

Used an Aero200 that weighed 12.7 oz strung for one year.
I needed to shorten and quicken my swing to compensate for the weight, so most of my shots easily landed in. I still have it, and use it once a month, or twice, just to remind myself I went the right direction (I went to 500's).
Since I'm old, injured, crippled, and somewhat blind, that racket really taxed my physical skills, and playing the 3rd singles or 5th doubles sets, I was totally worn out and couldn't walk straight on the way home.
But if you can handle the weight, swing it fast and easy even after a couple hours on court, it does give great control, feel, and a distain for any kind of incoming ball.

Payam 02-21-2013 07:33 PM

Thanks a lot for your useful comments guys. The weight is not a problem for me, but I don't wanna change my swing style, and that's the main reason that I asked this question.

The Meat 02-21-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam (Post 7229470)
Thanks a lot for your useful comments guys. The weight is not a problem for me, but I don't wanna change my swing style, and that's the main reason that I asked this question.

It's not too much of a change in swing style if you string it with the right strings. I would suggest looking into Pro Supex Big Ace, I used to string it in a full bed at 62lbs and this controlled the power a lot. If you don't want to string that high I would suggest a hybrid of any low powered poly in the mains and a thicker synthetic gut in the crosses.

Also, I added a lot of lead tape under the handle and replaced the grip with a leather grip to make it very head light which also helped lower the power for me.

Relinquis 02-22-2013 07:24 AM

Swing normally, ie full follow through. If ball sails long, close the racquet face through the swing. Should be able to keep your swing the same.

Pros used to play with full gut.

Payam 02-23-2013 01:16 PM

Thanks guys, I will give it a try then to see how it goes.

yemenmocha 02-23-2013 04:45 PM

It's a great racquet for able bodied adults with advanced/long/textbook swings. Lots of control. It doesn't sap power from your shot or anything. If someone is incapable of swinging it properly then they'll probably experience a significant decrease in ball speed. Same goes if it is too heavy for them.

I really don't like the way the power characterizations have skewed to where extremely powerful/overpowered racquets are more normal, and old school racquets like this one are somehow deficient in power.

Payam 02-27-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks a lot Yemenmocha, that's exactly what I wanted to know here.