Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   tattoo or tattoo removal (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455474)

pushing_wins 02-21-2013 02:52 PM

tattoo or tattoo removal
 
if i were to start up a business, which would be the better choice?

Relinquis 02-21-2013 03:59 PM

both.... full life cycle of the product...

Seth 02-21-2013 04:35 PM

Whichever you choose, make sure you moonlight as a guy who repairs those holes people put in their ear lobes. They look like cattle ear tags for chavs.


iradical18 02-21-2013 04:44 PM

I would go for tattoo removal. I've got 20+ tattoos and when you're involved in the "culture" so to speak you really get to see just how many dime-a-dozen shops are out there. That said, even if you don't have the best artists working for you there are always young kids who want a tat on a whim and don't care where it comes from. To establish rapport though you need good artists AND customer service on your side.

Overdrive 02-21-2013 04:57 PM

I prefer not to date girls with tattoos... Sorry, it's unattractive.

There's alot of people with terrible tattoos that they received. I think there's a little bit more profit in removing tattoos or doing cover-ups. :)

Crispvolley 02-21-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushing_wins (Post 7228934)
if i were to start up a business, which would be the better choice?

I dont know what the equipment costs are for either choice, but i can tell you my tattoo cost $350 (1994 prices) and when its all said and done it will have cost me nearly $2,000 to have it removed :-?

acura9927 02-21-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7229186)
I prefer not to date girls with tattoos... Sorry, it's unattractive.

There's alot of people with terrible tattoos that they received. I think there's a little bit more profit in removing tattoos or doing cover-ups. :)

Same here, tats on females is just wasted money and worse looks.

iradical18 02-22-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 7229658)
Same here, tats on females is just wasted money and worse looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7229186)
I prefer not to date girls with tattoos... Sorry, it's unattractive.

There's alot of people with terrible tattoos that they received. I think there's a little bit more profit in removing tattoos or doing cover-ups. :)

Speak for yourselves! I dig girls with tattoos, but then again, I also have many many tattoos. :)

LuckyR 02-22-2013 02:30 PM

Get a franchise:


max 02-22-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 7229658)
Same here, tats on females is just wasted money and worse looks.

agree. . . . .

norbac 02-22-2013 03:28 PM

My friend got a Toy Story Alien tattoo on his shoulder.....

Overdrive 02-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbac (Post 7231037)
My friend got a Toy Story Alien tattoo on his shoulder.....

Why? What purpose?

Lame. :rolleyes:

Some people get tattoos just to show off how stupid and bad the tattoo looks and the decision they made...

norbac 02-22-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7231096)
Why? What purpose?

Lame. :rolleyes:

Some people get tattoos just to show off how stupid and bad the tattoo looks and the decision they made...

Exactly .

iradical18 02-22-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7231096)
Why? What purpose?

Lame. :rolleyes:

Some people get tattoos just to show off how stupid and bad the tattoo looks and the decision they made...

Man I'm the only one defending tattoos here! I don't think anyone gets a tattoo with the purpose of showing off how stupid the idea is. Some people may think an idea is a good one and then regret it later though, happens all the time. Did he have a reason for the toy story tat? I have a tattoo of a zebra head, why? Because zebra was my son's first word. I've learned to not always judge right off the bat when it comes to tattoos. I've got tons of stuff that I've drawn up to represent certain things that are important to me, in passing i'm sure it seems to make no sense to the person that doesn't know the underlying meaning.

WildVolley 02-22-2013 07:54 PM

Traditionally, tattoos become less popular in bad economic times, most likely because it is harder to find employment so the large pool of available labor allows employers to discriminate more easily against those with tattoos. So, I think there's probably more money to be made in tattoo removal.

However, though I think it has slowed down, the turn of the century tattoo fad is still fairly strong among young people.

Overdrive 02-22-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 7231407)
Man I'm the only one defending tattoos here! I don't think anyone gets a tattoo with the purpose of showing off how stupid the idea is. Some people may think an idea is a good one and then regret it later though, happens all the time. Did he have a reason for the toy story tat? I have a tattoo of a zebra head, why? Because zebra was my son's first word. I've learned to not always judge right off the bat when it comes to tattoos. I've got tons of stuff that I've drawn up to represent certain things that are important to me, in passing i'm sure it seems to make no sense to the person that doesn't know the underlying meaning.

That's true... to an extent.

But in your case, did you need permanent ink as a constant reminder of that word your son first said?
You could've easily remembered it. :confused:

dParis 02-22-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 7231407)
Man I'm the only one defending tattoos here!

Some people may think an idea is a good one and then regret it later though, happens all the time. Did he have a reason for the toy story tat? I have a tattoo of a zebra head, why? Because zebra was my son's first word.

Lucky for you his first word wasn't "caca".

iradical18 02-23-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7231482)
That's true... to an extent.

But in your case, did you need permanent ink as a constant reminder of that word your son first said?
You could've easily remembered it. :confused:

Well of course I didn't NEED it, all I NEED is food and water. But just like I enjoy tennis, I enjoy tattoos.

norbac 02-23-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 7231407)
Man I'm the only one defending tattoos here! I don't think anyone gets a tattoo with the purpose of showing off how stupid the idea is. Some people may think an idea is a good one and then regret it later though, happens all the time. Did he have a reason for the toy story tat? I have a tattoo of a zebra head, why? Because zebra was my son's first word. I've learned to not always judge right off the bat when it comes to tattoos. I've got tons of stuff that I've drawn up to represent certain things that are important to me, in passing i'm sure it seems to make no sense to the person that doesn't know the underlying meaning.

No he had no reason at all.

OHBH 02-23-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 7231718)
Well of course I didn't NEED it, all I NEED is food and water. But just like I enjoy tennis, I enjoy tattoos.

Not really the same thing.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse