Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   85' sq. in. @ (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455500)

ChrisABC 02-21-2013 08:14 PM

85' sq. in. @

Using the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85, these are @ 85 sq. inches. It's taken a while to collect these.

Clockwise from the top: Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 (T.W re-issue), Spalding Smasher, Wilson Pro Matrix, Spalding LeSport, Yonex RX330, Spalding Tour Pro, Le Coq Sportiff Concept 3- Roscoe Tanner, Dunlop McEnroe Boron, Dunlop XLT Comp, Slazenger PhantomComp, Wilson Aggressor (x 2), Wilson graphite Force, Wilson Jack Kramer Staff, Wilson SC Sting, side-Black Knight Boron Graphite, Spalding Power Tech 100 (excluding the upper & lower ovals)

Wilson Sting & Slazenger Phantom Silver

Wilson Pro Staff 6.0, Slazenger Phantom Comp & Spalding Smasher. (Aside from other Wilson's) to me these 3 feel close to the same- hitting, weight, etc.

ChrisABC 02-21-2013 09:12 PM

My favorite out of the bunch is the Black Knight Boron Graphite.
Thru the air it feels almost identical to the Wilson P.S 6.0, but hitting not as stiff - it's more forgiving (it's old-worn & ugly). The beam measures the same, weight same.

Jimmyk459 02-21-2013 10:51 PM

FYI, this thread (your pictures) made me purchase the Prostaff 85. I have been using a head prestige mid for years and I was felt like, "WTH, this racket will AT LEAST be fun to hit with."

Thanx,

-J

Roadway 02-23-2013 06:42 PM

Very good 85 collection! I also collect some kinds of 85 sq.in.racquets.

pkshooter 02-23-2013 08:03 PM

The Spaulding power tech 100 seems interesting what I that like to hit with.

ctromano 02-24-2013 02:23 PM

besides the different composition between the PS85 and Kramer85, is there difference in playability between the two?

Tennis Man 02-25-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctromano (Post 7234092)
besides the different composition between the PS85 and Kramer85, is there difference in playability between the two?

PS 85, especially the original Chicago/St Vincent feel much crisper and stiffer than any other PS 85 and JK. JK Staff 85 is much softer and has slightly less feel although still a wonderful racquet. This seems to be the consensus.

Tennis Man 02-25-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisABC (Post 7229533)
Using the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85, these are @ 85 sq. inches. It's taken a while to collect these.

It's a good start for sure. This is how I started, anyway.

Btw, I have a few other PS 85 clones lying around, pretty cheap if you are interested,

a few variants of Wilson Sting 85
Donnay CGX 25 (around 85 sq inch)
Pro Kennex Graphite 90 (actually around 85)
Pro Ceramic Dominator (actually around 85)

I also have all other versions of PS 85 and other significant twins like:
Donnay Pro Cynetic 1 (a European twin of PS 85)

Hannah19 02-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis Man (Post 7235563)
It's a good start for sure. This is how I started, anyway.

Btw, I have a few other PS 85 clones lying around, pretty cheap if you are interested,

a few variants of Wilson Sting 85
Donnay CGX 25 (around 85 sq inch)
Pro Kennex Graphite 90 (actually around 85)
Pro Ceramic Dominator (actually around 85)

I also have all other versions of PS 85 and other significant twins like:
Donnay Pro Cynetic 1 (a European twin of PS 85)

Same, albeit somewhat modified, mould left by Wilson after they stopped the initial production by Donnay in Couvin, Belgium.

EL_Bombadero 07-18-2013 12:08 PM

A nice collection you have there ;-)
Can you (or anyone else) give me some extra information about the Spalding Power Tech 100??
What are the specs?
What is it worth?
Is it collectable?

Sanglier 07-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_Bombadero (Post 7599217)
Can you (or anyone else) give me some extra information about the Spalding Power Tech 100??
What are the specs?
What is it worth?
Is it collectable?

The example I have weighs 350g strung, is 2.2 Pt head light, and has a measured swing weight of 364. Performance-wise, it compares very favorably to all the better known player's frames of that era that I have tried. Rock solid feel, no vibration, very predictable power and excellent feedback.

There is really no way to test whether those patented double bridges actually contribute anything tangible to the playability of the frame, but the design principle here is the same as the one behind those famous Equijet curves. In my very limited experience with both racquets (I only have one of each), the Power Tech is noticeably superior to the Equijet on the court (except perhaps in the looks department).

This racquet has maintained a small but seemingly permanent presence on the auction site for as long as I have been paying attention to such things, perhaps because it tends to carry a very high price tag. However, with enough patience and luck, you may be able to secure one for less than half of what the vendors typically want for it.

---

SFrazeur 07-18-2013 10:23 PM

Sir, you have a lovely bunch of coconuts there!

EL_Bombadero 07-20-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanglier (Post 7599362)
The example I have weighs 350g strung, is 2.2 Pt head light, and has a measured swing weight of 364. Performance-wise, it compares very favorably to all the better known player's frames of that era that I have tried. Rock solid feel, no vibration, very predictable power and excellent feedback.

There is really no way to test whether those patented double bridges actually contribute anything tangible to the playability of the frame, but the design principle here is the same as the one behind those famous Equijet curves. In my very limited experience with both racquets (I only have one of each), the Power Tech is noticeably superior to the Equijet on the court (except perhaps in the looks department).

This racquet has maintained a small but seemingly permanent presence on the auction site for as long as I have been paying attention to such things, perhaps because it tends to carry a very high price tag. However, with enough patience and luck, you may be able to secure one for less than half of what the vendors typically want for it.

---

Thanks so far!
I don't want to buy one, i thought about selling mine. It is in very good condition, so what do you think could i get for it?