Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   playtennis33, playgolf7@yahoo.com lacks common decency & character! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455597)

bradsm01 02-22-2013 05:01 PM

playtennis33, playgolf7@yahoo.com lacks common decency & character!

Communication between ourselves over his sales ad, http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455542, so please decide for yourself. I, for one, totally understand chempharm position stated here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=412644

My initial replies:
Please send pics of each. Thanks Brad
(I received 3 pics).
Thanks. Are there any paint chips and/or scratches/scuffs on the frames? I assume with a rating of 9/10 - they both should be in excellent condition. Thanks

Hello, are they both still available? I can offer $200 for both shipped to zip code 30152. Please let me know. I will be out for a few hours so I will be unavailable to reply until I return home. Thanks. I have several excellent references on TW. Thanks Brad

His reply:
I pass good luck. You are asking me to give you specific details on every aspect of two rackets they are in great condition and I am guessing you will get the rackets see won scuff on the guard and immediately request a refund or partial refund with PayPal. I have had this happen before and 200 dollars is too low thanks good luck.

My reply:
Boy, you are reading too much into a simple question. I asked about paint chips and scuffs on the frame, not the head guard. I just read your last reference where you insult a potential buyer. I too would rather deal with someone else even at a higher price and common decency. Good luck.

His reply:
Great that works out for both of us. Don't need any lowballers here. Funny how you failed to mention all the good references. That guy didn't get to lowball me so he posted a bad comment about me but everyone who has bought a racket from me, and there have been plenty has said nothing but positive things. Funny how you guys don't get your way so you want to post bad things about people.

My reply:
Dude, its called negotiation and the difference for each racquet was $5.00 which by the way I would have agreed to $210 if you weren't so defensive about the "quality" of your items. Its more than clear that he posted a deserving poor comment on you because you lack common decency - it has nothing to do about price. It's how you handle people, or lack of. The issue is you simply don't get it. You "assumed" from one simple question I or whoever will attempt to screw you over. Everyone negotiates. Ever brought a car? If you would have said - sorry $210 firm and yes my frames are blemish-free then you would have already sold them. Funny how you guys don't get your way so you need to degrade others by name calling, like your last post, or make poor assumption on others.

His replies:
Don't want to sell to you and again you seem to not notice every comment is great except for one guy who didn't get his way. Don't want or need you r money and definitely don't need to get screwed over by someone who is looking to get over on someone.

Look here brad I laugh at how you compare buying a tennis racket to negotiating buying a car. The fact is you asked for pictures of both I sent them to you. Also you asking me to tell you with certainty about every little blemish or any little paint blemish on both rackets. This is exactly what someone does then they get the rackets and say you missed a little scratch here and file a complaint with PayPal and then I get screwed.

My reply - (this is getting tedious).
You simply don't know what you are talking about. Who asked about "with certainty about every little blemish or any little paint blemish on both racquets"? Anyway, thanks.

His replies:
Just glad that you will not be cheating me out of money. So take care

Anyway, as you just read - this got ridiculous and tedious. I usually go out of my way to complement someone but this fellow - well you decide. Thanks

Fearsome Forehand 02-22-2013 05:22 PM

He was asking 210, you offered 200 (95% of his asking price), hardly an insulting offer.

If he isn't willing to negotiate on price at all, he should state in the ad that his prices are firm and he won't take lower than x dollars. It would save everyone, including him, some time. If you put a price out there of 210, of course people are going to offer 200. Not hard to see that coming as the average buyer on TW is a haggler. You could ask $2 for a racket and they will offer you $1.50.

The name calling and immediate assumption of nefarious motives without any supporting evidence are uncalled for and reflect badly on him. No reason for that. He might want to change his tactics. If an offer is too low, simply say no thanks, x$ is my bottom line and move on. Not reason to berate someone for making you an offer or asking questions. If you don't want to deal with it, don't respond.

I imagine he was burned a few times and is over reacting. Hell, we have all been burned but that doesn't justify being rude to someone unnecessarily.

To be fair to him, he does have very good refs overall. Just doesn't handle offers all that well, apparently. Not a huge deal either way.

I don't like selling here because there are too many kids, too many tire kickers, and too many requests/emails. I prefer selling on the auction site with buy it now and if someone asks me more than 2 or 3 questions I simply stop responding because my experience is they are just kicking tires or milking my knowledge because they want to sell a similar item. This is a good place to buy at times as long as you conduct your due diligence ahead of payment. Selling not so much IMHO. Way too labor intensive.

bradsm01 02-22-2013 05:47 PM

FF, you certainly described it beautifully. I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way and hence I placed this post. You make excellent points and I appreciate you comments.

LanEvo 02-22-2013 11:12 PM

I really dont see how this warranty bad feedback for the guy though... so you guys did not strike the deal. Were you scammed or anything? I dont get it...

SteveI 02-23-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 7231634)
I really dont see how this warranty bad feedback for the guy though... so you guys did not strike the deal. Were you scammed or anything? I dont get it...

I agree.. this is not cause for bad feedback. The title is way out of bounds. How do you know he lacks common decency and character? At the most.. bad manners??? Maybe the guy was just having a bad day. I would contact TW and get this pulled. If I was playtennis33, I would not have a reason to be ****ed.

Fearsome Forehand 02-23-2013 04:45 AM

I don't consider this a bad reference. The OP never said the guy was a scammer. He just said he was sort of rude. No good reason to send emails like that because someone just offered you 95% of your asking price and asked about how much paint damage/scuffs the racket really has. Pictures aren't always that telling.

This is the second person who has had the same sort of complaint about this guy's behavior. I imagine there might have been others who did not post about their experience.

The title of the thread may be a bit much, I'll grant you that. But, some people might appreciate the heads up about how this fellow conducts himself at times. I think the OP should probably tone down the title (he will have to ask Dire to do it) to something like My not so great experience with playtennis33 and leave it at that.

This is sort of like the thread you started once, Steve. About the nutty chick who was screaming harassment over nothing. She wasn't a scammer but the experience was strange enough you felt it warranted a thread. This is sort of similar in terms of the unusual behavior/weird email response. I think the negative response about the experience is warranted. The seller has enough good refs to make anyone comfortable dealing with him.
Just don't offer him less than his asking price.

As far as the OP, I would ask why he even bothered to reply once the emails got weird. If someone acts unreasonably, that is your first clue that the deal may prove problematic. Move on and find a seller who acts more reasonably. Don't waste your time trying to correct someone via email. Not worth you time.

iradical18 02-23-2013 05:12 AM

Probably doesn't warrant bad feedback but I do agree with OP and am glad that to see something like this. I'll always pay more for a little customer service and wouldn't do business with someone who came off that rude if I had the advantage of knowing beforehand.

SteveI 02-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 7231797)
The OP never said the guy was a scammer. He just said he was rude. No good reason to send emails like that because someone just offered you 95% of your asking price and asked about how much paint damage/scuffs the racket really has. Pictures aren't always that telling.

This is the second person who has had the same sort of complaint about this guy's behavior. I imagine there might have been others who did not post about their experience.

The title of the thread may be a bit much, I'll grant you that. But, some people might appreciate the heads up about how this fellow conducts himself at times. I think the OP should probably tone down the title (he will have to ask Dire to do it) to something like My not so great experience with playtennis33 and leave it at that.

This is sort of like the thread you started once, Steve. About the nutty chick who was screaming harassment over nothing. She wasn't a scammer but the experience was strange enough you felt it warranted a thread. This is sort of similar in terms of the unusual behavior/weird email response. I think the negative response about the experience is warranted.

Now as far as the OP, I would ask why he even bothered to reply once the emails got weird. If someone acts like a jerk, that is your first clue that the deal may prove problematic. Move on and find a seller who acts more reasonably. Don't waste your time trying to correct someone via email.

FFH,

You are correct about that nutty chick.. I forgot..:-). The only probelm I have is with the title.. it seems to say more than what happened. The "lacks common decency and character" seems over the top to me. How about.. don't deal with this seller.. he has very bad manners??

Thanks for all the great work..

Steve

Overdrive 02-23-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveI (Post 7232148)
FFH,

You are correct about that nutty chick.. I forgot..:-). The only probelm I have is with the title.. it seems to say more than what happened. The "lacks common decency and character" seems over the top to me. How about.. don't deal with this seller.. he has very bad manners??

Thanks for all the great work..

Steve

Who is the nutty chick?

Yeah, if the seller is too uptight behind his price, I wouldn't buy from him.

NJ1 02-27-2013 12:07 PM

I'm glad Brad posted this info. Always good to know about the characters behind the ads. The title may be a little over the top but overall I'd avoid this seller based on the rude and defensive email responses.