Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cheap tennis vacations in Europe? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455817)

Chanwan 02-25-2013 06:56 AM

Cheap tennis vacations in Europe?
 
Am travelling on a budget, but would be looking for something with trainers and accommodation.
Any good tips?

gavna 02-25-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanwan (Post 7235237)
Am travelling on a budget, but would be looking for something with trainers and accommodation.
Any good tips?

How much of a budget? We're r u flying from? Airfare from most USA POE to Paris, Barcelona, London, Brussels, Frankfurt......runs you about $1200 to $2100 per person coach fare with at least 30day purchase depending on your gateway and ow full the flights are - FYI many flights already full or at least the discounted coach fares already gone or very limited.

So your looking for an academy? Resort? Lots of options..........

Chanwan 02-26-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7236258)
How much of a budget? We're r u flying from? Airfare from most USA POE to Paris, Barcelona, London, Brussels, Frankfurt......runs you about $1200 to $2100 per person coach fare with at least 30day purchase depending on your gateway and ow full the flights are - FYI many flights already full or at least the discounted coach fares already gone or very limited.

So your looking for an academy? Resort? Lots of options..........

Ah yeah, could have been more specific - sorry.
Flying/travelling from Scandinavia.

Am looking for a holiday place, where say a group of people come to play tennis X hours a day and get some coaching while doing it. I've seen deals around 700 dollars for a week with accommodation, free access to the courts and some amount of coaching.
Not academy, not good enough for that yet.

Costagirl 02-26-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanwan (Post 7235237)
Am travelling on a budget, but would be looking for something with trainers and accommodation.
Any good tips?

where in Europe? i may have some cool options for you?

Costagirl 02-26-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7236258)
How much of a budget? We're r u flying from? Airfare from most USA POE to Paris, Barcelona, London, Brussels, Frankfurt......runs you about $1200 to $2100 per person coach fare with at least 30day purchase depending on your gateway and ow full the flights are - FYI many flights already full or at least the discounted coach fares already gone or very limited.

So your looking for an academy? Resort? Lots of options..........

I've not caught flights that expensive ever - luckily. Even NY to Canary Islands I can get through Madrid for approx. $980

gavna 02-27-2013 05:11 PM

Of course If your able and can book even further out its cheaper.......90 day apex fares are as low as $400 (still have fees and taxes that jack it up a bit). Highly restrictive - God forbid you have to make ANY changes -

Last six months I've taken 10 trips to Europe - Biz class cost on avg $4200 r/t once I had to take Premium Economy (Air France) and that cost $1900 - reg Econ was $300 less. All purchased 30 day advance.

gavna 02-28-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanwan (Post 7237008)
Ah yeah, could have been more specific - sorry.
Flying/travelling from Scandinavia.

Am looking for a holiday place, where say a group of people come to play tennis X hours a day and get some coaching while doing it. I've seen deals around 700 dollars for a week with accommodation, free access to the courts and some amount of coaching.
Not academy, not good enough for that yet.

There are dozens and dozens of resorts that fit your bill.......in Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, German Alps......even places like Club Med (I've been to the Club in Kamarina, Italy about 4 times and its amazing.....excellent Tennis and solid workouts also Club Med Pompadour is a tennis center - it's a 2trident resort so it's nice but not the Ritz.....I've been there about 8 times since the 80s....

Chanwan 02-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costagirl (Post 7237979)
where in Europe? i may have some cool options for you?

Austria, Italy, Spain, France, Czech Republic etc. Not that picky.

Chanwan 02-28-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7241890)
There are dozens and dozens of resorts that fit your bill.......in Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, German Alps......even places like Club Med (I've been to the Club in Kamarina, Italy about 4 times and its amazing.....excellent Tennis and solid workouts also Club Med Pompadour is a tennis center - it's a 2trident resort so it's nice but not the Ritz.....I've been there about 8 times since the 80s....

thanks, will check that out

Costagirl 02-28-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanwan (Post 7242179)
Austria, Italy, Spain, France, Czech Republic etc. Not that picky.

Budget wise ... try Mallorca Island. Before Summer things are affordable and there's tons to do off court that doesn't cost you a ton of money. The best part is renting a car - super cheap. You need one cause the island is fantastic and you can see it front to back in approx. 45 minutes. Jofre Porta is on the island and he's as genuine and talented as they come.

Rjtennis 02-28-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7236258)
How much of a budget? We're r u flying from? Airfare from most USA POE to Paris, Barcelona, London, Brussels, Frankfurt......runs you about $1200 to $2100 per person coach fare with at least 30day purchase depending on your gateway and ow full the flights are - FYI many flights already full or at least the discounted coach fares already gone or very limited.

So your looking for an academy? Resort? Lots of options..........

I'm not sure about those prices. You can find tickets from most major US cities for quite a bit less than than that. And the advanced booking sometimes helps and sometimes hurts the price. It just all depends on the availability.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse