Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   First computer rankings of 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455872)

Clemson_tennis 02-25-2013 02:27 PM

First computer rankings of 2013: (released)
 
I am stoked for these to come out tomorrow. They are the first true rankings of the season. Lots of teams will go up and many will go tumbling. I remember there being a big shakeup last year when the first computer rankings came out. What are some big moves you expect to see?

Clemson_tennis 02-25-2013 04:27 PM

I'm trying to figure out the formula. I can't

Clemson_tennis 02-25-2013 04:30 PM

aha! Breakthrough. I think I got it now.

Clemson_tennis 02-25-2013 05:12 PM

Texas A&M score = 56.00, got big points from beating Ohio State

Duke score = 65.33

UGA score = 46.82

Texas Tech = 7.98. That would drop them into the low 50s

Stanford = 17.14

Golden_state_of_mind 02-25-2013 06:37 PM

Do Cal please

BHSC 02-26-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7236265)
I'm trying to figure out the formula. I can't

The formula is on the ITA website under the rankings section

Clemson_tennis 02-26-2013 11:37 AM

They have been released and as expected some seismic changes.

Top 75

highlights:

Ohio State drops to 7
Oklahoma up to 5
Pepperdine down to 12
Clemson jumps 33 spots to 18
Northwestern up to 20
Harvard and Cornell up to 23 and 24
Alabama up to 31 somehow
Florida down to 35
UNC at 37
Stanford down to 41
FSU at 44
George Washington enters at 50
Texas Tech down to 58
Idaho enters at 57
Memphis down to 63

boomerTennis 02-26-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7237920)
They have been released and as expected some seismic changes.

Top 75

highlights:

Ohio State drops to 7
Oklahoma up to 5
Pepperdine down to 12
Clemson jumps 33 spots to 18
Northwestern up to 20
Harvard and Cornell up to 23 and 24
Alabama up to 31 somehow
Florida down to 35
UNC at 37
Stanford down to 41
FSU at 44
George Washington enters at 50
Texas Tech down to 58
Idaho enters at 57
Memphis down to 63

As much as I'm an Oklahoma fan, I don't know how OU could be ranked ahead of Ohio St., and Kentucky, and Pepperdine...

Clemson_tennis 02-26-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomerTennis (Post 7238018)
As much as I'm an Oklahoma fan, I don't know how OU could be ranked ahead of Ohio St., and Kentucky, and Pepperdine...

Ohio State lost to Texas A7M and Kentucky lost to Illinois. Hurtful losses. Pepperdine docent have a marque win.

mikej 02-26-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7238023)
Ohio State lost to Texas A7M and Kentucky lost to Illinois. Hurtful losses. Pepperdine docent have a marque win.

yep, not that hard to figure out - OU went a solid 2-1 at Indoors and then beat the same A&M team that OSU lost to - they were destined to get a bump

btw, stanford women at 26 and men at 41 - anyone want to accept the challenge of finding the last time those programs had a worse additive ranking??? ouch

mikej 02-26-2013 12:47 PM

illinois is the team that is going to be interesting to follow - mixed results but currently sitting at #17 despite wins over #4 and #6 - they have some good potential for upward movement i bet if they can add some other solid wins once they get back in action

mikej 02-26-2013 12:50 PM

also should be noted that there are big dropoffs after #s 3 and 13

those groupings may stay mostly the same all season, we shall see

Golden_state_of_mind 02-26-2013 04:07 PM

Dark days for Stanford tennis.

Cal is too low in mens

floridatennisdude 02-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7237920)
They have been released and as expected some seismic changes.

Top 75

highlights:

Ohio State drops to 7
Oklahoma up to 5
Pepperdine down to 12
Clemson jumps 33 spots to 18
Northwestern up to 20
Harvard and Cornell up to 23 and 24
Alabama up to 31 somehow
Florida down to 35
UNC at 37
Stanford down to 41
FSU at 44
George Washington enters at 50
Texas Tech down to 58
Idaho enters at 57
Memphis down to 63

I get that UF drops to 35 after 4 straight losses. And I won't be surprised if its 5 straight after A&M this weekend. I still think UF is a top 20 team when all is said and done, even with the depleted roster.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse