Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Youtek Prestige Pro that is softer? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455908)

edman9898 02-25-2013 07:22 PM

Youtek Prestige Pro that is softer?
 
I love my Youtek Prestige Pro's but I need a racquet that is a little softer (have some tendonitis from work). Any ideas on a stick that matches this spec AND PLAYABILITY but is a little easier on the arm?

Matt21 02-25-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edman9898 (Post 7236515)
I love my Youtek Prestige Pro's but I need a racquet that is a little softer (have some tendonitis from work). Any ideas on a stick that matches this spec AND PLAYABILITY but is a little easier on the arm?

Yes, the Microgel Prestige Pro (if you can get your hands on one).

ChicagoJack 02-25-2013 08:07 PM

Oh man, that is the Donnay Pro One for sure. I'm a longtime former Prestige user, and have the warm fuzzies for the IG MP. But the P1 has the 16x19 pattern, The 327 sw gives it a more oomph, and it's waay more comfy than the Prestige Pro. It's not only elevated my game, it's helped me heal my nasty case of TE as well.

Harry_Wild 02-25-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edman9898 (Post 7236515)
I love my Youtek Prestige Pro's but I need a racquet that is a little softer (have some tendonitis from work). Any ideas on a stick that matches this spec AND PLAYABILITY but is a little easier on the arm?

Try string it with less tension (10 pounds less) and use a natural gut string. If you cannot afford natural gut - go with international nylon $5 - also called "synthetic gut". That should be kind on your arm and you can still keep playing with the same racket.

More importantly, you should take a couple of lesson to work on proper technique to hit groundstrokes. You do not see the touring pros have elbow tendinitis or Tennis Elbow?

See the following link: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=249232

marosmith 02-25-2013 08:28 PM

IG Radical pro with lead. Darn near the same.

maxpotapov 02-25-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marosmith (Post 7236580)
IG Radical pro with lead. Darn near the same.

How does it compare to your PT57A?

edman9898 02-26-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt21 (Post 7236538)
Yes, the Microgel Prestige Pro (if you can get your hands on one).

I agree, but disagree at the same time. haha I have a MG version but the extra weight inhibits the spin. Maybe I just need to adjust.

edman9898 02-26-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry_Wild (Post 7236567)
Try string it with less tension (10 pounds less) and use a natural gut string. If you cannot afford natural gut - go with international nylon $5 - also called "synthetic gut". That should be kind on your arm and you can still keep playing with the same racket.

More importantly, you should take a couple of lesson to work on proper technique to hit groundstrokes. You do not see the touring pros have elbow tendinitis or Tennis Elbow?

See the following link: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=249232

Hate playing natural gut and technique is good. I got this from work, not tennis. Pros dont get TE because of their physical workouts they do everyday.

edman9898 02-26-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoJack (Post 7236563)
Oh man, that is the Donnay Pro One for sure. I'm a longtime former Prestige user, and have the warm fuzzies for the IG MP. But the P1 has the 16x19 pattern, The 327 sw gives it a more oomph, and it's waay more comfy than the Prestige Pro. It's not only elevated my game, it's helped me heal my nasty case of TE as well.

I tried the P1 but honestly I was not very impressed. Everyone has their own preferences though. Glad you are loving it. :)

counterpuncher 02-26-2013 06:23 PM

Having played one for a season I would say as mentioned the IG Rad Pro, Donnay P1 and also the TF 320 VO2 is not too far off and I found a little more arm friendly.

tball 02-26-2013 06:28 PM

Volkl Tour 10 MP (16x19). Better feel, more plow, but I am afraid, less spin.

marosmith 02-26-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpotapov (Post 7236585)
How does it compare to your PT57A?

Some similarities more with the MP version because of string pattern. The IG has a similar plush and solid feel but nowhere near as soft. IG IMO is probably closer to the I Prestige I Radical line.

JackB1 02-27-2013 07:09 PM

Prince EXO Tour, Donnay Pro 1, Pure Storm Tour or Radical Pro are all good choices.

dje31 02-27-2013 07:45 PM

Try the C10 Pro?

jayserinos99 02-27-2013 10:24 PM

Yonex VCore Tour 97, maybe the IG Prestige Pro.

dje31 03-21-2013 06:54 AM

I've been using my wife's C10 Pros since she changed to the Graphene Instinct Rev, mod'ed. C10P specs come pretty close to the YTPP, but have the softer Volkl feel.

Jay's probably right about the IGPP, which should soften up the feel a bit. Innegra is basically a poor man's aramid, like Twaron and Kevlar, which the C10 also has.

edman9898 03-23-2013 06:25 AM

I actually picked up an Amplifeel 6.1 95. Its very soft compared to the PP. Weight and SW are a little higher but I love that handle shape. haha

AlpineCadet 03-23-2013 06:39 AM

IG Rad Pro is nothing like the YT prestige pro. I would suggest calling TW and asking them to find a few of their softer ones via RDC machine.

Boredsurfer 03-23-2013 11:18 AM

PK Laver Heritage C or Black Ace.....

Ross K 03-23-2013 12:14 PM

Not exact match up but def worth considering C10 Pro IMPO.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse