Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Yann Auzoux - The Sweet Spotter. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455925)

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 04:10 AM

Yann Auzoux - The Sweet Spotter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TB2Hx6mTgEA

Im sure many of you will be aware of Yann. I received this email from him yesterday. Seems like an amazing advice that works ?

Torres 02-26-2013 04:25 AM

"My entire high school team practiced with Sweet Spotters and ended the year undefeated in both the league and the championship. My top player went from top 25 in our region to top 5 in a month. My wife improved from 2.5 to 3.5 in 6 weeks and I increased my serve speed by 30 miles per hour in 8 weeks. "

How can he possibly suggest that any of that was as a direct result of them swinging his baseball bat contraption?

Rafaboy 02-26-2013 04:33 AM

Coach Yan helped me to understand the basic fundamentals of of modern footwork and technique. I still use some of his principles today.

Although i think the Sweet Spotter would help me achieve pinpoint accuracy on contact, in the overall picture, i dont think it will work with, and possibly hinder, my modern style.

A lot of us hit with a high spin technique, and use a lot of areas of the stringbed, not just the sweetspot. Depending on placement,swing and depth, i vary contact between 9, 3, 12, 9-3, 5-11 o' clock, etc.

ie. if you rake the ball across 3-9, its not going to matter if you hit the sweetspot, because youre not intending to anyway.

Modern technique is far more complex than just hitting the same spot, everytime, on the stringbed. But i can see where this would greatly benefit flat hitters.

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7236819)
"My entire high school team practiced with Sweet Spotters and ended the year undefeated in both the league and the championship. My top player went from top 25 in our region to top 5 in a month. My wife improved from 2.5 to 3.5 in 6 weeks and I increased my serve speed by 30 miles per hour in 8 weeks. "

How can he possibly suggest that any of that was as a direct result of them swinging his baseball bat contraption?

maybe we can get yann on here although dont want this to be a war against him. hes a great coach

themitchmann 02-26-2013 05:13 AM

I agree that this will help people to hit flat shots, and possibly help on serve. Any kind of coordination training is good IMO. However, I'm not sold on the idea that this device is ideal for training swing path.

Great idea, though!

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 05:21 AM

looks fair value. just hope its not a prototype

slowfox 02-26-2013 06:02 AM

Can a small 65-sq-in wood racquet do the same for a player?

themitchmann 02-26-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7236960)

Probably not. The weight and balance are pretty different from today's racquets. It would be good for hand/eye coordination, though.

Darkhors 02-26-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafaboy (Post 7236827)
Coach Yan helped me to understand the basic fundamentals of of modern footwork and technique. I still use some of his principles today.

Although i think the Sweet Spotter would help me achieve pinpoint accuracy on contact, in the overall picture, i dont think it will work with, and possibly hinder, my modern style.

A lot of us hit with a high spin technique, and use a lot of areas of the stringbed, not just the sweetspot. Depending on placement,swing and depth, i vary contact between 9, 3, 12, 9-3, 5-11 o' clock, etc.

ie. if you rake the ball across 3-9, its not going to matter if you hit the sweetspot, because youre not intending to anyway.

Modern technique is far more complex than just hitting the same spot, everytime, on the stringbed. But i can see where this would greatly benefit flat hitters.

If you watch slow motion footage of people hitting the ball with the modern swing, they're still contacting it in the sweetspot most of the time. As even though you're "Raking" across the ball, your contact point is still only about 3 mains strings across. That's why the snap back of strings is so important.

DH

Relinquis 02-26-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7236960)

Yes.

10SmallHeadedWoodRacquets

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 07:44 AM

I definitely think this device can benefit players on serve and groundstrokes and even better if you have a ball machine. hopefully yann can explain more

nyc 02-26-2013 07:59 AM

I think it's a great idea, and I hope he'll reach his funding goal.

Just wish he had put it on kickstarter as opposed to indiegogo for greater exposure.

Curious how he'll manage to get materials right to achieve the desired specs? And is there an easy way to adjust specs to match your own racquets?

Using Carbon fiber exclusively is waaay to expensive to hit retail at $199, must be some other composite mix - which is a great challenge and opportunity to develop a proprietary material mix/process.

LOVE the idea. I would invest in it.

syke 02-26-2013 08:09 AM

This calls for Kickstarter!!!!!

jonestim 02-26-2013 08:18 AM

About a year and half ago someone posted on here a training racquet that had around a 40" head that was to serve the same purpose. I can't find the link anywhere. Anyone else remember it?

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 08:35 AM

I spoke to Yann ealier and hell be on the thread soon so we can ask him abt this as soom as TW approve his log in

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 7237237)
I think it's a great idea, and I hope he'll reach his funding goal.

Just wish he had put it on kickstarter as opposed to indiegogo for greater exposure.

Curious how he'll manage to get materials right to achieve the desired specs? And is there an easy way to adjust specs to match your own racquets?

Using Carbon fiber exclusively is waaay to expensive to hit retail at $199, must be some other composite mix - which is a great challenge and opportunity to develop a proprietary material mix/process.

LOVE the idea. I would invest in it.

spaceman_spiff 02-26-2013 08:43 AM

An old coach of mine had a frame that only had 4 mains and 4 crosses strung on it, forcing you to focus on the ball.

Seems like a simpler solution than trying to invent an entirely new piece of equipment.

Federerkblade 02-26-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman_spiff (Post 7237342)
An old coach of mine had a frame that only had 4 mains and 4 crosses strung on it, forcing you to focus on the ball.

Seems like a simpler solution than trying to invent an entirely new piece of equipment.

This is a much better than stringing your racquet with 4 strings to me

JackB1 02-26-2013 08:48 AM

couldn't you make a racquet with a very small hoop (like 50" or so?) and weight it so the weight and balance was similar to most modern racquets? Something like 11 oz with 3HL balance and a sw of 320 would be a good middle ground.

zapvor 02-26-2013 09:11 AM

so yann is coming on here?!

syke 02-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federerkblade (Post 7237314)
I spoke to Yann ealier and hell be on the thread soon so we can ask him abt this as soom as TW approve his log in

Cool....:)