Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's in your bag? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=455964)

MeHere2PlayTennis 02-26-2013 10:44 AM

What's in your bag?

At a tournament recently, I was short on some stuff that I needed during the match. Without packing excessively, what and how many do you pack in your bag.

I currently just pack:

rackets (of course)
over grip
bandaids
towel
water

Thanks

Relinquis 02-26-2013 04:35 PM

Always in my bag:
  • 1-2 sticks max
  • Over grips
  • Can of balls from previous session
  • Clean small towel
  • Clean wristbands
  • Clean plain T-shirt, shorts and socks
  • Ankle brace (usually don't wear it, but pack it just in case)
  • Athletic tape for right thumb

I like to have my bag ready so i only need to pick it up and put on my tennis shoes. I'll grab a couple of bottles of water as i head out to the courts.

Overdrive 02-26-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7238490)
Always in my bag:
  • 1-2 sticks max
  • Over grips
  • Can of balls from previous session
  • Clean small towel
  • Clean wristbands
  • Clean plain T-shirt, shorts and socks
  • Ankle brace (usually don't wear it, but pack it just in case)
  • Athletic tape for right thumb

I like to have my bag ready so i only need to pick it up and put on my tennis shoes. I'll grab a couple of bottles of water as i head out to the courts.

Shouldn't it be 1-2 sticks minimum?

Francis27 02-26-2013 04:56 PM

- racquet
- tennis ball cans x4
- energy drink
- hat
- clothes, socks
- sun screen
- sun glasses
- tennis shoes
- strings, overgrip, stencils and ink

iradical18 02-26-2013 05:02 PM

I always carry extra overgrips, dampeners, water, a towel, an extra shirt, knee brace aaaaand I think that about does it.

MeHere2PlayTennis 02-26-2013 05:38 PM

Thanks. I never need everything at one time, but it seems like I take something out to make my bag lighter and I end up needing it. So either its in my bag or in the trunk of my car. Trying to find the right mix.

TroutSc 02-26-2013 05:41 PM

insect repellent. even in feb.

eye drops. extra contact lens.

Fuji 02-26-2013 06:43 PM

Depends on where I'm going really.

Casual hit?

2-3 sticks depending on length of session
shoes
extra change of clothes (shirt/shoes/socks/boxers)
Towel
Water

Tournaments?
4-10 sticks
Shoes
Two extra sets of clothing
3+ Bottles of water
Snacks
Towel
KT Tape
Athletic Tape
Band-Aids

I used to travel with a lot more stuff, but I really only take what I need now.

-Fuji

EastAngels2014 02-26-2013 08:03 PM

1:2 racquets (need a few more).
2: extra shoes and socks
3: extra clothes with a warm up jacket on (conditions chamge quick here in Denver)
4: water bottel
5: strings, over grips, dampeners
6: band aids, athletic tape, asprin
7: semi old balls for practice
8: two new cans of balls
9: towel
10: hats
There maybe more but cant remeber at the moment.

SwankPeRFection 02-26-2013 09:23 PM

2 Racquets
2 Small Towels
1 Mid Towel (this is the one I usually use)
Cans of balls (2-old 1 or 2 new)
Swimming Trunks (yes, swimming trunks for the odd occasion we're playing on a court next to a pool in the summer and decide to jump in after, lol)
Wrist Bands
OverGrips
Couple of caps for summer and one winter hat (for when it's 40 out, lol)
Long pants (warmups, again in case it gets cold)
Bug spray
Small tape measure
Tape
3 16oz water bottles (1 water 2 mix) - Winter
4 16oz water bottles (2 water 2 mix) - Summer

Things I usually have on from home but can be in the bag if I'm not going home to change first (ASO braces, shoes, shorts, compression shorts, 2 pairs of socks, shirt).

Andyroo10567 02-26-2013 09:30 PM

Just out of curiosity, why would anybody carry strings in their bags? It would get kinked if you shuffle around your bag. And just generally a bad place to put them in. I would understand if it was just 1 set of strings though. But 2,3+.... Why?

SwankPeRFection 02-26-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7238866)
Just out of curiosity, why would anybody carry strings in their bags? It would get kinked if you shuffle around your bag. And just generally a bad place to put them in. I would understand if it was just 1 set of strings though. But 2,3+.... Why?

I carried my reel with me when I went to state because I knew nobody carries the string I played with at that time. It didn't unravel or anything. I've also sometimes had 1 or 2 sets of strings in one of the pockets, but that's been mostly because I bought them, put them in there after purchase and forgot to take them out. lol

I don't carry string around if I'm in town. If I break both my racquets, it's probably time to stop playing anyway. I usually keep pretty close tabs on when to alternate so that this doesn't happen.

Andyroo10567 02-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection (Post 7238881)
I carried my reel with me when I went to state because I knew nobody carries the string I played with at that time. It didn't unravel or anything. I've also sometimes had 1 or 2 sets of strings in one of the pockets, but that's been mostly because I bought them, put them in there after purchase and forgot to take them out. lol

I don't carry string around if I'm in town. If I break both my racquets, it's probably time to stop playing anyway. I usually keep pretty close tabs on when to alternate so that this doesn't happen.

Reels are fine but single sets and hybrid pieces just shouldnt be in a bag 24/7 unless you have a stringing guy and you give him your racquets frequently.

kdang 02-26-2013 10:55 PM

In my bag:
2-3 sticks
3 can of balls
Change of clothes
Swimming clothes
Towel
Water
Energy snacks
Some FANCY FANCY clothes:)
Sunblock, repelent, bandaids, etc

yellowmatter 02-27-2013 05:54 AM

Is there a "show your bag topic" ? It could actually be useful as people could see how much stuff certain models can carry.

MeHere2PlayTennis 02-27-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowmatter (Post 7239217)
Is there a "show your bag topic" ? It could actually be useful as people could see how much stuff certain models can carry.

That's a great idea. I just don't know how to do it. Is it just a regular thread? I'd like to see how big a bag and what you can get into it.

Fuji 02-27-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowmatter (Post 7239217)

For absolute biggest size from my experience, has been the past Monstercombie from Head, especially the Murray ones. A couple travelling guys I know use them for flight and long distance travel, and it seems to be one of the best "luggage" style tennis bags.

-Fuji

Relinquis 02-27-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7238510)
Shouldn't it be 1-2 sticks minimum?

i only restring when they break. i play multis* so they don't go dead like poly. Not much of a string breaker to be honest and i'm not too particular about tension loss. Would add another racquet, or use natural gut, if breakage was an issue, but i don't understand people who carry 9 sticks, but 'push' the whole match.

Bag check including a few pros (Nishikori, Berdych, Ivanovic, etc...).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDAF3DFC3F42A8D08

* Might try natural gut soon.

mikeler 02-27-2013 07:28 AM

Pretty much what everyone else said plus deer antler spray.

babyhagrid 02-27-2013 07:51 AM

Bag: Babolat Aeropro 9 bag
3 Racquets (as per sig)
Overgrips
Athletic tape
Warm-up jacket
Grip finishing tape
Spare damps
Scissors
Mosquito repellent
2-3 cans of balls
Large towel