Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Proof Nadal is better than his rivals (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456213)

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:04 PM

Proof Nadal is better than his rivals
 
The most convincing evidence of Nadal's greatness relative to rivals like Fed, Djoker, and others is the high esteem in which other top players hold him.

Murray, Ferrer, Berdych, Tipsarevic--all consider Nadal the toughest player to beat.

And Djokovic has been quoted as saying that Nadal is the greatest player of all time.

Nadal will not pass Federer but he will come close. And if he ends up with 15 majors or more, he will be GOAT because of the H2H and Fed's WEAK ERA.

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:05 PM

Here's the proof:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGy0x3KKc6c

Colin 02-28-2013 09:12 PM

And what about everyone but that tiny handful of players you mentioned?

Frankly, I'm not going to put much stock into the opinions on this subject of three grinders, a jerk who has personal issues with Fed and a pseudointellectual misanthrope with a tattoo addiction.

tennisaddict 02-28-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243268)
The most convincing evidence of Nadal's greatness relative to rivals like Fed, Djoker, and others is the high esteem in which other top players hold him.

Murray, Ferrer, Berdych, Tipsarevic--all consider Nadal the toughest player to beat.

And Djokovic has been quoted as saying that Nadal is the greatest player of all time.

Nadal will not pass Federer but he will come close. And if he ends up with 15 majors or more, he will be GOAT because of the H2H and Fed's WEAK ERA.

Just remind me, did Rosol shoulder bump Nadal or Federer ?

If Nadal gets to 15 and Fed stays on 17, then he does have a claim to GPAT .
..
...
Greatest Pusher of All Time.

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 7243280)
And what about everyone but that tiny handful of players you mentioned?

Frankly, I'm not going to put much stock into the opinions on this subject of three grinders, a jerk who has personal issues with Fed and a pseudointellectual misanthrope with a tattoo addiction.

Who is the misanthrope? Tipsarevic?

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:22 PM

Nadal will make it to 15. Lance won't have more than 10.

Goosehead 02-28-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 7243280)
And what about everyone but that tiny handful of players you mentioned?

Frankly, I'm not going to put much stock into the opinions on this subject of three grinders, a jerk who has personal issues with Fed and a pseudointellectual misanthrope with a tattoo addiction.

fwahahahhaaaaaa love it..last one must be Tanko Quitsarevic :)

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:47 PM

Murray
 
Has a winning record against Federer (11-9) and a crap record against Nadal (5-11)

Djokovic also is pretty even with Federer (13-15) but even despite the infamous 7-match win streak trails Rafa 14-19 in the H2H.

Basically Rafa will retire with all of his chief rivals having losing records against him.

Fed, by contrast, will retire with losing records to Nadal, Murray, and likely to Djokovic. And yet Fed is the GOAT???

Goosehead 02-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243318)
Has a winning record against Federer (11-9) and a crap record against Nadal (5-11)

Djokovic also is pretty even with Federer (13-15) but even despite the infamous 7-match win streak trails Rafa 14-19 in the H2H.

Basically Rafa will retire with all of his chief rivals having losing records against him.

Fed, by contrast, will retire with losing records to Nadal, Murray, and likely to Djokovic. And yet Fed is the GOAT???

tennis isnt about h2h records, its about winning the tournaments :confused:..i suppose that might have something to do with folk calling federer the goat :confused:

Nadalgaenger 02-28-2013 09:57 PM

Federer is a hard-court specialist, Nadal a clay-court specialist.
3 out of 4 majors are on fast surfaces.
Hence, Fed has more majors.

Nadal will have far more Master's 1000 titles than Fed. Despite being younger and injured all the time, he already has as many. Those are arguably harder to win than Major's anyway, since you compete against a denser field and don't play patsy players in the first 3 rounds.

Goosehead 02-28-2013 10:01 PM

fast surfaces ???? :) ha ha..you are really funny :shock: there are no fast surfaces..whats up with you :)

fast surfaces ??? fwahahahahahahahaaaa, oh what a card you are :neutral:

Tafmatch 02-28-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243329)
Federer is a hard-court specialist, Nadal a clay-court specialist.
3 out of 4 majors are on fast surfaces.
Hence, Fed has more majors.

Nadal will have far more Master's 1000 titles than Fed. Despite being younger and injured all the time, he already has as many. Those are arguably harder to win than Major's anyway, since you compete against a denser field and don't play patsy players in the first 3 rounds.

Do you see the contradiction between what you say in the first and second part of your post?

I don't agree with either part by the way. Oh, and lol about your use of the word 'proof'.

smoledman 02-28-2013 10:09 PM

Greatness is dominating 4 consecutive years(2004-2007) not racking up impressive H2H while missing major stretches of time because your playing style involves grinding your knees to dust.

coloskier 02-28-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243318)
Has a winning record against Federer (11-9) and a crap record against Nadal (5-11)

Djokovic also is pretty even with Federer (13-15) but even despite the infamous 7-match win streak trails Rafa 14-19 in the H2H.

Basically Rafa will retire with all of his chief rivals having losing records against him.

Fed, by contrast, will retire with losing records to Nadal, Murray, and likely to Djokovic. And yet Fed is the GOAT???

Throw out all the matches on clay and you'll get the real head to head.

Goosehead 02-28-2013 11:23 PM

Proof OP is better at being destroyed in his own thread than other poasters :neutral:

joeri888 02-28-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243268)
The most convincing evidence of Nadal's greatness relative to rivals like Fed, Djoker, and others is the high esteem in which other top players hold him.

Murray, Ferrer, Berdych, Tipsarevic--all consider Nadal the toughest player to beat.

And Djokovic has been quoted as saying that Nadal is the greatest player of all time.

Nadal will not pass Federer but he will come close. And if he ends up with 15 majors or more, he will be GOAT because of the H2H and Fed's WEAK ERA.

You ask his generation. Ask Davydenko, Soderling, Youzhny, Ferrer, Hewitt, Roddick, Nalbandian, Safin, Ferrero, Moya, Fish, Blake, Gonzalez, Henman et al. how they feel before you come up with these conclusions.

tennis_pro 03-01-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243291)
Nadal will make it to 15. Lance won't have more than 10.

Good luck with that lol. 4 more majors? hahaha

tennis_pro 03-01-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7243318)
Has a winning record against Federer (11-9) and a crap record against Nadal (5-11)

Djokovic also is pretty even with Federer (13-15) but even despite the infamous 7-match win streak trails Rafa 14-19 in the H2H.

Basically Rafa will retire with all of his chief rivals having losing records against him.

Fed, by contrast, will retire with losing records to Nadal, Murray, and likely to Djokovic. And yet Fed is the GOAT???

It's not like Federer has played Djokovic Murray Nadal mostly after his prime years LOL...

Connors had a losing record against Borg, McEnroe and Lendl because he kept playing until he was 40 or so and he was respectively 4, 7 and 8 years older than them. Let's see what stuff Nadal Djokovic and Murray come up with when they are 30.

Minion 03-01-2013 03:10 AM

lol! Its ok dude, relax, everything will be fine. Nadal is the bestest ever:)

axel89 03-01-2013 03:35 AM

nadal is the GOAT federer sucks


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse