Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   pros and losing clothing constracts (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456266)

coolhandluke 03-01-2013 08:09 AM

pros and losing clothing constracts

What do the players do with the new clothes from the previous contract once that contract has ended. Do they throw it away, give it to friends? For example, Tomas Berdyche, you know he has alot of nike shirts, shorts socks etc. laying around or nicholas almalgra with reebok or roddick with lacoste?:?

cluckcluck 03-01-2013 09:12 AM

Probably would have to send them back I'm sure.

Dave M 03-01-2013 12:55 PM

With the amount of pro gear that turns up for sale or through charity stuff I expect that is where most of it goes.I exect they keep any that might mean something but i'm not sure how much they get sent that far in advance.Contracts normally end at the end of the year so they aren't likely to send them anything that won't be used far in advance if they know they aren't renewing a contract.

Bri-guy 03-01-2013 03:52 PM

Well, a former Nike guy's mom has been unloading a ton of gear from the early to mid 2000s on the 'bay. I suppose once it's theirs, it's theirs. Now to ask Isner and Berdych about those hats.....:)

Cheers!

Bartelby 03-01-2013 03:55 PM

The real cost of the stuff for Nike is next to nil so I can't see why they'd want stuff back.

Dave M 03-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri-guy (Post 7245211)
Well, a former Nike guy's mom has been unloading a ton of gear from the early to mid 2000s on the 'bay. I suppose once it's theirs, it's theirs. Now to ask Isner and Berdych about those hats.....:)

Cheers!

.....is it DY?

gavna 03-02-2013 09:51 PM

They don't give anything back and don't have to.......stuff gets tossed or just given away or turns into dust tags around the house.

Bri-guy 03-02-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 7246639)
.....is it DY?

No, haha! :) This guy hasn't been with Nike for quite some time.

love15 03-11-2013 07:19 AM

I read the adidas contract of a friend, that is in the top 100, and is written (moreless) "he can have from adidas factory a reasonable amount of clothes, shoes etc. etc.".
I remember Goran Ivanisevic one day in Sergio Tacchini Factory, mid 90, he pick up four tennis bags and fill with a LOT of everything, mind that for the companies the cost of a t shirt is about 3 buks and short 2 , so is not a big deal...
Probably if you are out of 150 is different....

Fedest 03-12-2013 01:31 AM

Interesting point though, but I doubt that Nike or other brands will ask pros to give the clothes back since those are old one.

However, I am not sure what if the pros recieve the clothes in a year advance? if they lose contracts during a year then they might have to send them back.

I am not sure if the pros receive the clothes in advance (Probably not), but just curious u know...