Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Donnay Bags??? Awful! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456503)

mrc 03-03-2013 05:44 PM

Donnay Bags??? Awful!

I love Donnay Racuqets. The Gold 99 is my racquet of choice and I love it. Amazing feel and control. However, has anybody had issues with their bags? I mean, I have had 3 of them ( replaced by Donnay) and they break in less than a month. You name it..zippers, pockets, internal compartments, and anything else you can think of. They need to improve the quality of the bags. Anybody else agree??

Bartelby 03-03-2013 07:34 PM

Outsourcery is your enemy.

Andyroo10567 03-03-2013 07:44 PM

Post it in the right section next time. Do you even take care of your bags? Or did it just break out of the blue?

NJ1 03-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7249482)
Post it in the right section next time. Do you even take care of your bags? Or did it just break out of the blue?

Please furnish us with your knowledge of how to "take care" of a tennis bag. Display case by day, dry nitrogen chamber at night?

ChicagoJack 03-05-2013 06:13 PM

I've had my Donnay 12 Pack for 7 months. I was pretty disappointed with the look of the zippers at first glance. Just looking at the size and construction, I didn't expect it to last long. They are nothing like the huge bullet proof zippers I've got on all my old Volkl bags. But I've been careful on the zip ups, and the bag has held up nicely. No tears internally or externally, even when submitted to the rough treatment of the typical airline baggage handler. Definitely nothing to write home about, but nor is it the worst bag ever. I'd say it's about average in terms of build quality.

Andyroo10567 03-05-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7252480)
Please furnish us with your knowledge of how to "take care" of a tennis bag. Display case by day, dry nitrogen chamber at night?

Throwing your bag on the court. Swinging the bag off your shoulder giving stress to the straps. Kicking it around. Stuffing the bag with more things that it should have? Knowledge is not needed, its common sense.

I give my bag a complete whipe down day and night. Whether i play or not. Heck, I might even bring my bag to a bag whisperer to check if shes feeling fine with no pain... -_-

EDIT : If i had to go through 2 of the same bag, I would just go buy a different model. If they can't get it right the second time, why bother for a third? LOL.

ollinger 03-08-2013 07:34 AM

^^ and neatsfoot oil, of course.

lgbalfa 07-10-2014 12:08 PM

just wanted to follow-up on the quality of the donnay bags since it has been over a year since the last post.

how have they been holding up?

any more horror stories or feedback?

thanks

Muriel123 07-10-2014 03:33 PM

Donnay hasn't ordered or made a new bag in over a year. They are living off the inventory they have stashed away in NY. They have sold so little, that they have enough to carry on, although they have run out of many items. The bags were ordinary in every way and were used as promotional give away items (free with a multi racquet purchase) some months ago when their racket business got really, really slow. Donnay is converting anything new they make to the xenecore name. Their time is short.

lgbalfa 07-11-2014 10:38 PM

does anyone know if you can fit 4 of the thin beam (x-dual gold 94) racquets on one side?

thanks

Timbo's hopeless slice 07-12-2014 02:02 AM

I had one, it was fine, sold it with mt plat 99s to a guy in Canada who still has it I think

Friend of mine has had one for a year, takes no special effort with it, still fine, he plays 4 - 5 times a week, has 4 sticks in it..

what teh heck do you DO to them????

lgbalfa 07-13-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 8560603)
I had one, it was fine, sold it with mt plat 99s to a guy in Canada who still has it I think

Friend of mine has had one for a year, takes no special effort with it, still fine, he plays 4 - 5 times a week, has 4 sticks in it..

what teh heck do you DO to them????

it seems like the players abuse their bags more so and blame it on the quality.

lgbalfa 07-16-2014 08:45 PM

just received my donnay 6.

seems to be of average quality.

not as good as the dunlop or pacific bags i have had in the past, but i would say that they are still decent.

lgbalfa 07-25-2014 10:52 PM

after a few weeks, i can say i really like the donnay 6 bag.

it holds it shape well.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2u9pqmh.jpg

lgbalfa 07-25-2014 11:03 PM

in regards to the zippers, they are not the highest quality compared to other bags still decent.