Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If Nadal and Murray meet at Indian Wells...who are you taking? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456511)

Mike Sams 03-03-2013 06:56 PM

If Nadal and Murray meet at Indian Wells...who are you taking?

They have not played since Tokyo 2011 which Murray won in 3 sets (Nadal for some insane reason just completely went away after the first set). Regardless though, Nadal is back in full force after this great victory against Ferrer on clay. But now the action turns to hardcourts and this is the first time that Nadal could meet the new Grand Slam Champion version of Murray.

Since Nadal has been gone, Murray's won a gold medal, conquered Federer for the first time at a Slam, won his first Grand Slam title and made 2 other Grand Slam finals. Murray's also been spending more time in the weight room building his body and is noticeably more muscular than before.

The question many people have is whether order will resume and Nadal continues his domination of Murray or will the tide now turn and will Murray now become Nadal's next new nemesis alongside Djokovic?

Looking forward to another potentially good rivalry...:)

Bryan Swartz 03-03-2013 06:59 PM

Murray, no question.

NEW_BORN 03-03-2013 07:04 PM

Nadal will give Murray another walkover

kishnabe 03-03-2013 07:06 PM

Nadal.....Murray has less match prep coming in.

MichaelNadal 03-03-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Swartz (Post 7249422)
Murray, no question.

There is a question. If Nadal makes it to Murray it means he's playing well. Before Tokyo 11, Nadal beat Murray 5 straight times.

Bryan Swartz 03-03-2013 07:33 PM

That is true. What is also true is I see no good reason to think Nadal's knees would hold up to the grinding he would have to do against Murray on HC. Great if he proves me wrong.

welcome2petrkordaland 03-03-2013 07:45 PM

anyone have any info. on if nadal will, for sure, play indian wells?IMO he should skip it as well as miami

SassyRamirez 03-03-2013 07:58 PM

Murray will win.

MonkeyBoy 03-03-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcome2petrkordaland (Post 7249484)
anyone have any info. on if nadal will, for sure, play indian wells?IMO he should skip it as well as miami

He did say he'd play it when interviewed after the mexico win.

Relinquis 03-03-2013 08:48 PM

i agree with mika.

if nadal makes it to murray; andy is toast.

NadalAgassi 03-03-2013 08:50 PM

I would pick Murray. I think Nadal still needs longer to get to the form he will beat the other top 4 on a hard court. However on clay I would already pick him right now vs any of them, except maybe Djokovic for now.

Towser83 03-03-2013 08:53 PM

he probably needs at least one hc event to get his HC game going, so Murray. But Nadal's coming back fast. Wouldn't be surprised if he beat Federer at IW.

Clarky21 03-03-2013 08:55 PM

Murray.

10Muurya's

RF_fan 03-03-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 7249414)
They have not played since Tokyo 2011 which Murray won in 3 sets (Nadal for some insane reason just completely went away after the first set). Regardless though, Nadal is back in full force after this great victory against Ferrer on clay. But now the action turns to hardcourts and this is the first time that Nadal could meet the new Grand Slam Champion version of Murray.

Since Nadal has been gone, Murray's won a gold medal, conquered Federer for the first time at a Slam, won his first Grand Slam title and made 2 other Grand Slam finals. Murray's also been spending more time in the weight room building his body and is noticeably more muscular than before.

The question many people have is whether order will resume and Nadal continues his domination of Murray or will the tide now turn and will Murray now become Nadal's next new nemesis alongside Djokovic?

Looking forward to another potentially good rivalry...:)

Key words: Ferrer and Clay

norbac 03-03-2013 09:19 PM

Nadal hasn't played on HC in how long? Also a probable meeting could be in the QF, which implies that Nadal might not even have to go through a top 30 player to get to Murray. Then again, Muzza has been pretty miserable on these courts lately. It's a tossup me thinks. I'd pick Murray though, feel like Nadal might still be feeling a bit uncertain about his movement on HC.

veroniquem 03-03-2013 09:26 PM

I haven't seen Rafa play on hard court since... Miami 2012! It's been too long. Impossible to make predictions before at least watching his IW first rounds. Generally speaking, IW is one of Rafa's favorite hard court events and at his best, he can beat anyone there (he's beaten both Murray and Djoko there in the past).

Murrayfan31 03-03-2013 11:02 PM

Nadal won't even make it there. But if he does, he will lose.

Paullaconte1 03-03-2013 11:06 PM

For now I would go for Murray...

papertank 03-03-2013 11:26 PM

Definitely Murray. Even before Rafa was injured I'd give Murray the advantage on non-slam hardcourt matches.

Hitman 03-04-2013 12:04 AM

It is great to have Rafa in the mix again. :)

This could be a real cracker if they face each other. If both play, both will be in form, since it will be late into the event likely, so both will have a couple of matches under their belt. Murray does play Nadal pretty hard on hard courts, and while Nadal looks good, Murray hasn't been stagnant either.

This could be a renewed rivalry, and one I hope really picks up.