Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Shopping for shoes: How can we make it easier? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456691)

TW Staff 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Shopping for shoes: How can we make it easier?

We need your feedback!

When you're shopping for shoes, which searching tools/filters would be helpful? We currently separate shoes into the categories below.

Do you like these categories? How would you like shoes to be sorted? Let us know what you would like to see added or refined.

Thanks for any suggestions. -- TW Staff

Brand
Ankle Support (mid cut shoes)
Durability Guaranteed
Light Weight
Clay Court Suited
Width: (Narrow, Medium, Wide)
Arch Support: (Low Arch, Medium Arch, High Arch)

db10s 03-05-2013 02:17 PM

Here are some ideas:

Color
Price
Shoes with good toe durability
Stability oriented

What exactly is lightweight?

Fletch92626 03-05-2013 02:34 PM

I don't think all that much more needs to be done, or would be all that helpful. The shoe offering isn't so large that it is impossible to scroll through the offerings. If you made one change, I'd suggest a pricing filter - less than $60, $60-100 and over $100. Other additional filters are almost impossible/meaningless, such as color (shoes are multi-color, and that function on apparel isn't all that helpful). Other categories would require TW to review every shoe, which is impossible (such as actual durability, etc.). From a practical perspective, you have to limit each category to objective criteria, and nothing subjective.

darklore009 03-05-2013 02:34 PM

Lightweight refers to those shoes that are light. Means that those type of shoes are light and allow you to run faster than the ones that are heavy.

db10s 03-05-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7252953)
Lightweight refers to those shoes that are light. Means that those type of shoes are light and allow you to run faster than the ones that are heavy.

I know that, but what are the requirements for a shoe to be considered lightweight?

darklore009 03-05-2013 03:44 PM

the weight of the shoe and the feel.

db10s 03-05-2013 04:34 PM

I'm looking for numbers....

athiker 03-05-2013 06:15 PM

Pronation, Neutral and Supination. More may know it as shoes for over pronators, under pronators or neutral. Its a big deal in running shoes and I think important for tennis shoes too. There is a range...not just the 3...that could be put on a scale from mild to severe in both directions.

I over pronate slightly and if the shoe exacerbates that it is uncomfortable and I feel it up to my knees...and probably into my hips but less obviously noticeable there.

Of course there is also a movement to remove as much "artificial" support as possible from running shoes to allow "natural" movement and "balanced" foot/ankle/leg muscle development.

mad dog1 03-05-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athiker (Post 7253468)
Pronation, Neutral and Supination. More may know it as shoes for over pronators, under pronators or neutral. Its a big deal in running shoes and I think important for tennis shoes too. There is a range...not just the 3...that could be put on a scale from mild to severe in both directions.

I over pronate slightly and if the shoe exacerbates that it is uncomfortable and I feel it up to my knees...and probably into my hips but less obviously noticeable there.

Of course there is also a movement to remove as much "artificial" support as possible from running shoes to allow "natural" movement and "balanced" foot/ankle/leg muscle development.

interesting thought, but there is no such thing as a motion control shoe for tennis. i don't see any tennis shoe that comes with a medial post or a dual density midsole. at least not yet.

Andyroo10567 03-05-2013 06:44 PM

The categories look just fine to me. General things to filter out. Easy to look through.

djNEiGht 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

How about a "fits similar to" feature?

rich s 03-06-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7252807)
We need your feedback!

When you're shopping for shoes, which searching tools/filters would be helpful? We currently separate shoes into the categories below.

Do you like these categories? How would you like shoes to be sorted? Let us know what you would like to see added or refined.

Thanks for any suggestions. -- TW Staff

Brand
Ankle Support (mid cut shoes)
Durability Guaranteed
Light Weight
Clay Court Suited
Width: (Narrow, Medium, Wide)
Arch Support: (Low Arch, Medium Arch, High Arch)

I think the search categories you have listed are sufficient.... would like to see a better job categorizing shoes as Wider, Medium, Narrower fit even though they may only be available in a D width.

thanks for asking...

eidolonshinobi 03-06-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djNEiGht (Post 7253600)
How about a "fits similar to" feature?

I like this. Especially shoes you've carried before.

ohplease 03-06-2013 05:55 AM

Why not port the feature you guys already have at running warehouse that does color coded 3d heat map fit comparisons between the current shoe and other shoes customers might have some experience with? That's a great feature.

NJ1 03-06-2013 08:03 AM

Current categories are good, maybe add a "Ventilation" cat or something for shoes that are well ventilated and in light colors ie. good for hot climates.

Fintft 03-06-2013 09:07 AM

I'd also like to know if a certain color or model will be back in stock soon. Say I want Nike Court Ballistecs gray and white, but that color is not available anymore? Will it be back or shall only new colors be available in the future?

Finally I'd like some accurate reviews/rankings, but that's easier said then done.

veloduffer 03-06-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich s (Post 7254086)
I think the search categories you have listed are sufficient.... would like to see a better job categorizing shoes as Wider, Medium, Narrower fit even though they may only be available in a D width.

thanks for asking...

+1 on this. As I've aged, I need shoes with wider toe boxes. For example, Adidas shoes tend to run narrow and I can't fit them well.

Perhaps in the Customer Feedback, you can allow the reviewers to note if the shoe felt true to size in length and narrow, medium or wide. I see this in other shoe websites and even with clothing (true to size).

db10s 03-06-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

This.

10chars

Hao2Pro 03-06-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Nailed it.

Fedest 03-06-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7253007)
I know that, but what are the requirements for a shoe to be considered lightweight?

I guess need to seperate by the weight amount.

eg. 13oz below are considered light weight