Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Help on Racquetball racket (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=456995)

vinniedafoo18 03-08-2013 11:14 AM

Help on Racquetball racket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xascg...0tdnrw&index=1

sorry for the pull without fanning, I was just really frustrated with this frame, tennis rackets take me only 15 20 mins. This thing waste like half an hour of my time or even more just cause they are so complicated. Even the mains they go like this 1H to 5H to 6H to 2H to 3H to 7H to 9H and finish at 4H and then tie off. The cross as yall can see in the video -____- Head create a racket with no outside hole to pull the tension. Obviously they weren't thinking for the stringer when they made this racket.

Lakers4Life 03-08-2013 11:27 AM

I have not strung that RQB racket, yet, but see your dilema. I Usually have problems with E-force (non Richter Tube) frames. I would use the brake and pull from the opposite side.

There are some frames that were designed without a Stringer in mind or stringing as an after thought. PK Krowning Moment is another racket that is a PITA to tie off. But I figured out a way to tie off without loosing too much tension.

fortun8son 03-08-2013 11:32 AM

Yep. Those Head IGS racquets are a PITA!
Treat them almost like Ektelon OPorts.
Lock the turntable in a position so that the X is parallel before tensioning and clamp far enoough away from the frame not to block the hole.

vinniedafoo18 03-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7259152)
I have not strung that RQB racket, yet, but see your dilema. I Usually have problems with E-force (non Richter Tube) frames. I would use the brake and pull from the opposite side.

There are some frames that were designed without a Stringer in mind or stringing as an after thought. PK Krowning Moment is another racket that is a PITA to tie off. But I figured out a way to tie off without loosing too much tension.

Thanks for the tip, pulling from the opposite side did seem to have more relative tension on the string.

On a different note, cant believe u found my old post from 3 years ago hahaha. I gotta admit I was really young and arrogant at that time, sorry bout that. I did learn a lot from that old post and fix a lot of my techniques from 3 years ago compare to now

vinniedafoo18 03-08-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortun8son (Post 7259164)
Yep. Those Head IGS racquets are a PITA!
Treat them almost like Ektelon OPorts.
Lock the turntable in a position so that the X is parallel before tensioning and clamp far enoough away from the frame not to block the hole.

haha I actually dont mind those Ektelon Oports at all compare to this racket and the Head Dirty Deeds. Anyway thanks

bbulla 03-08-2013 12:17 PM

Couldn't you just lock the turntable and tension the each cross over (or under) the frame before threading the string through the frame and to the next cross?

fortun8son 03-08-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbulla (Post 7259232)
Couldn't you just lock the turntable and tension the each cross over (or under) the frame before threading the string through the frame and to the next cross?

Precisely the instructions in Stringer's Digest.
Still a PITA.

drakulie 03-08-2013 07:06 PM

Yeah, these frames are a bit of a pain as others have noted. However, you could make life a little easier on yourself with a few simple steps.
  1. Weave the cross all the way to the other side.
  2. Apply the turn table brake at the appropriate point where the string will be more or less straight going to the tension head.
  3. Bring the end of the string over the frame and pull tension.
  4. Clamp string.
  5. Place end of string into the IGS hole.
  6. Weave to the other side and repeat steps 1-5.
NOTE ON STEP 3: I never put the string over any frame and pull tension except on this frame. Reason I don't mind doing it on this frame is because racquetball racquet tensions are very low and don't cause damage to the paintjob of the frame. The other reason is because it lets the string sit higher in the string bed when tension is pulled and easier to clamp before putting it thru the IGS hole.

If you want, you could also use a business card and lie it on the frame where the string won't come into contact with the frame when pulling tension.

Good luck.

drakulie 03-08-2013 07:12 PM

One other comment;;;;;; It looked like you were stringing this frame with poly, although I can't be certain.

Anyway, I rarely, if ever string racquetball frames with poly. I simply refuse to do it, because poly puts so much stress on these frames, which are already so fragile, they sometimes eat thru the material and crack them.

Or, when players hit the ball, the poly is so stiff, it has no give, so the frame ends up bending and cracking before it should.

They also tend to really "burn" the richter tubes and break them fairly easily on e-force frames.

These frames are really not engineered for poly, which is why I've followed a policy to not string them with poly.

Lakers4Life 03-08-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7259922)
One other comment;;;;;; It looked like you were stringing this frame with poly, although I can't be certain.

Anyway, I rarely, if ever string racquetball frames with poly. I simply refuse to do it, because poly puts so much stress on these frames, which are already so fragile, they sometimes eat thru the material and crack them.

Or, when players hit the ball, the poly is so stiff, it has no give, so the frame ends up bending and cracking before it should.

They also tend to really "burn" the richter tubes and break them fairly easily on e-force frames.

These frames are really not engineered for poly, which is why I've followed a policy to not string them with poly.

I totally agree with Drakulie on this. If one looks at the selection of racquetball strings available. None are Poly. Most of which are multifilments, syn gut or nylon.

vinniedafoo18 03-08-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbulla (Post 7259232)

Easier said then done, the problem with that is you have the string where you clamp to hold the tension really either raised up or lowered because of the frame and then u have to weave it through to the frame for the next cross, that part the string is pull through a very sharp angle. Either way I already got it done, not easy to explain by words. Just one of those situation you have to be in to understand.

vinniedafoo18 03-08-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7259922)

I strung it with a co poly, Volkl Cyclone Tour, I came in the store and the customer already had his mind set with that string, couldn't tell him other wise, who was I to change his mind you know lol. Life would have been easier with a multifilament or a syn. gut for sure

drakulie 03-08-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniedafoo18 (Post 7260021)
I strung it with a co poly, Volkl Cyclone Tour, I came in the store and the customer already had his mind set with that string, couldn't tell him other wise, who was I to change his mind you know lol. Life would have been easier with a multifilament or a syn. gut for sure

I hear that. Perhaps speak to the store manager and let them know.

I'm lucky in that I run the stringing department at the shop I work at, so made a policy of "no-poly" on racquetball frames.

Lakers4Life 03-08-2013 08:52 PM

Most of my racquetball clients complain about arm pain, Poly is the last thing I would recomend, even though some some RB rackets come in with poly string.

fortun8son 03-08-2013 10:57 PM

Most RB players also want more power, not less.
If they also want some durability, I'll offer Red Alert, Lightning XX, or if 2pc is an option, Intellistring.
RB frames also have too many sharp angled turns.
Poly is not an option that I would willingly choose.