Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Yonex VCore Tour 97 users thread. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457129)

tistrapukcipeht 03-10-2013 05:39 AM

Yonex VCore Tour 97 users thread.

Whether you play with the heavy version or the light version share your thoughts here.

I had used Ezone Xi 100 with a lot of success for at least a year, made my play offs at 4.5 level twice and made the semis once. Now I play 5.0 and decided to give myself a new set of racquets, after buying a VCore Xi 98 and messing with it for 3 weeks, I sold it and got the 97T, which fit well to me.

Comparing to the Ezone Xi it has less power, a little less access to topspin, less forgiving, but I gained a little better accuracy, flat balls have a more linear trajectory, the slice is a bit better, it swings faster and quicker despite being heavier, maybe because of the balance, it feels very nice as well, not as dampened as the Ezone, although I prefer how the Ezone Xi feels.

Anyway I'm glad for now, though I'm not selling my set of Ezones.

eidolonshinobi 03-11-2013 05:44 AM

I use the 97t (330g).  I love the racquet, but lon ger sets have been tough with it because of the we ight.  Otherwise I've loved my experience with it  so far.

tistrapukcipeht 03-11-2013 02:04 PM

Lift some weights buddy.

I normally don't like heavy racquets, and that one is like, atp level type.

The lite one is very nice too, in almost everything. I have found it to really reward racquet head speed and flat down the line shots, awesome precision.

I had opportunity to hit with BLX Blade 18x20, besides being stiffer with weird feel, it was a little slower and not as stable as this one or VCore Xi 98.

eidolonshinobi 03-11-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tistrapukcipeht (Post 7266159)
Lift some weights buddy.

I normally don't like heavy racquets, and that one is like, atp level type.

The lite one is very nice too, in almost everything. I have found it to really reward racquet head speed and flat down the line shots, awesome precision.

I had opportunity to hit with BLX Blade 18x20, besides being stiffer with weird feel, it was a little slower and not as stable as this one or VCore Xi 98.

Weights aren't the problem. It's muscular endurance. I'm a religious weight lifter, and I think that's more the problem that anything. I can't get big AND expect to maintain that muscle mass while playing long games of tennis.

McLovin 03-12-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eidolonshinobi (Post 7266967)
Weights aren't the problem. It's muscular endurance.

Bingo! I demoed both the 310 & the 330, and while I enjoyed the mass of the 330, there is just no way my shoulder can handle that much mass over 3 sets.

I've ordered a 310 and plan on putting some weight in the throat/handle to bring it up to 320 unstrung. Strings will start with gut mains @ 54lbs, Mosquito Bite crosses @ 52, and I will go from there.

gnahZ 03-12-2013 04:41 AM

How does the 97T (Both 310g and 330g) compare to the new Vcore Xi 98?

tistrapukcipeht 03-12-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnahZ (Post 7267585)
How does the 97T (Both 310g and 330g) compare to the new Vcore Xi 98?

VCore Xi 98- a lot more free power, smaller sweet spot(still big), a littler stiffer, more crisp and muted than 97 310g. I traded mine for Vcore 97 tour 310g.

tistrapukcipeht 03-13-2013 05:34 AM

One thing I noticed yesterday, was the accuracy on flat serves out wide on the ad court. Really great, Kick serves don't kick as high as with the Ezone Xi, but mishit serves still go in, while with the Xi some would take off, anyway, not racquet's fault but rather player's fault.

Great racquet!!

normrose 03-13-2013 11:38 AM

Can someone advise me how to remove the Yonex butt cap so that I can insert some lead weight.

Thanks in advance

eidolonshinobi 03-14-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 7267524)
Bingo! I demoed both the 310 & the 330, and while I enjoyed the mass of the 330, there is just no way my shoulder can handle that much mass over 3 sets.

I've ordered a 310 and plan on putting some weight in the throat/handle to bring it up to 320 unstrung. Strings will start with gut mains @ 54lbs, Mosquito Bite crosses @ 52, and I will go from there.

I might just have to do this. I've never experimented with lead before...I guess there's a first for everything. I won't be able to do it for a while though.

rolleroh 03-14-2013 06:21 PM

Just got my 310 today----

Static Weight & Balance were DEAD ON-- both Unstrung & Strung........

Laced up w ProLine II 16g M @ 56 w Cyber Flash 1.20 X @ 53.......

Racquet looks REAL nice, & DEF feels like SW right around 325// VERY solid stick & NO WAY SW only 314 (very good thing to me).........

Will swing it tomorrow morning & post an update after---
Looks & feels like a great weapon

rolleroh 03-14-2013 06:28 PM

Oh yeah------

String bed/ hitting area seems huge for 97' racquet!!

Changed out replacement grip w Dunlop Viper Dry & wrapped one wrap of 1/4" lead tape w electric tape to build up but cap under replacement grip---
Feels WAY better than stock handle setup

Sander001 03-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eidolonshinobi (Post 7266967)
Weights aren't the problem. It's muscular endurance. I'm a religious weight lifter, and I think that's more the problem that anything. I can't get big AND expect to maintain that muscle mass while playing long games of tennis.

You need to train your fast twitch muscle fibers.

eidolonshinobi 03-14-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sander001 (Post 7275304)
You need to train your fast twitch muscle fibers.

wat. I said I needed more muscular endurance when it comes to wielding this racquet for longer periods of time...fast twitch wont help me here.

Nostradamus 03-14-2013 07:47 PM

I used to think Ezone was great but I found out the frame sucks in volleying. It is the thick beam problem. Vcore is much better for volleying.

tistrapukcipeht 03-15-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7275755)
I used to think Ezone was great but I found out the frame sucks in volleying. It is the thick beam problem. Vcore is much better for volleying.

No you suck at volleying not the racquet. How can I volley well with it, or other people?

Though VCore Tour 97 has some minor advantages as far as string pattern being tighter and holding the ball a little longer and giving a little better direction maybe?

Nadal can volley with aero pro which is the same thickness is ezone.

rolleroh 03-15-2013 12:42 PM

Re: Beam Width

I've come to realize beam width is primarily a preference spec.....

Used to think Stiffness was dependent on thick beam, but clearly not the case w the stick this thread is talking about & Blade being just couple examples,,,,,,

You either like/don't like thin/thick beam or do not care--- if you are comfortable & confident w racquet in hand the beam width is rarely, if ever, an actual playability spec IMO,,,,,

FYI-- prefer thin personally, but have played w enough various sticks to realize my point above, at least personally

rolleroh 03-15-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolleroh (Post 7275037)
Just got my 310 today----

Will swing it tomorrow morning & post an update after---
Looks & feels like a great weapon

Did not have chance to swing today bc son got sick and home from school, but very anxious to know the power level of the 310,,,,,

Any comments??

Thanks

tistrapukcipeht 03-16-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolleroh (Post 7277620)
Did not have chance to swing today bc son got sick and home from school, but very anxious to know the power level of the 310,,,,,

Any comments??

Thanks

Not powerful, but not low powered like some other racquets, sweet spot is pretty, big for such racquet, the blade 18x20, dunlop 400 tour, wilson pro open don't have half of the sweet spot of this racquet, tension adjustment to whatever strung on it is the key for power. I'm enjoying this frame a lot.

Really powerful is the ezone xi 100, bazooka!

Amazing is the paint scheme and quality of finish, unbeatable.

Ess 03-16-2013 01:34 PM

Can anyone comment on the power level and comfort differences between the 330 and 310 please?