Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PHOTOS of my LACOSTE tennis racket collection (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457405)

jimbo333 03-12-2013 10:44 AM

PHOTOS of my LACOSTE tennis racket collection
 
Here are some photos of my Lacoste rackets from my tennis racket collection, including 5 different Equijets (close up photo of these on page 2), amazing looking rackets!





I've just realised I must have another Lacoste racket box somewhere, as I know I've got an LT331 and a few others come to think of it. I will have a look at the weekend and hopefully post a photo here of the others.


Edit:
Well i found the other Lacoste rackets, they were in a box marked "Le Coq Sportif", whoops!


jimbo333 03-12-2013 10:48 AM

And the last few Lacoste rackets from my collection, including some of my favourites, some different versions of the Lacoste metal racket, the original European version of Wilson's T2000!




Sanglier 03-12-2013 12:05 PM

Such a lovely sight, one that I wish would magically appear on my own floor!

The stencil on the 321 looks more like a scorpion than a croc though. Was that a home made effort? :)

zapvor 03-12-2013 12:07 PM

wow your collection is museum worthy!

jimbo333 03-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanglier (Post 7268490)
Such a lovely sight, one that I wish would magically appear on my own floor!

The stencil on the 321 looks more like a scorpion than a croc though. Was that a home made effort? :)

It does doesn't it, quite funny, no doubt a home made stencil, but not my work:)

jimbo333 03-12-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7268491)
wow your collection is museum worthy!

Cheers, I'd be well up for opening a racket museum, but not enough demand in the UK unfortunately. There is one at Wimbledon, and that's all that is needed here really.

MarrratSafin 03-12-2013 04:44 PM

Beautiful!:) The Equijet on the right, is also a LT301 or different model?

Costagirl 03-12-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo333 (Post 7268276)
Here are some photos of my Lacoste rackets from my tennis racket collection, including 5 different Equijets, amazing looking rackets!





I've just realised I must have another Lacoste racket box somewhere, as I know I've got an LT331 and a few others come to think of it. I will have a look at the weekend and hopefully post a photo here of the others.


Mr. Jimbo...I think I love you! You actually brought tears to my eyes...tears of joy at the beauty of your collection!!!!! Outstanding.

NadalDramaQueen 03-12-2013 05:46 PM

Great collection. I would love just to get a hold of one of those covers.

zapvor 03-12-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo333 (Post 7269067)
Cheers, I'd be well up for opening a racket museum, but not enough demand in the UK unfortunately. There is one at Wimbledon, and that's all that is needed here really.

hmm....open one anyways. charge 1 ppound per visit. soon enough wimbledon will be begging you to close shop!

Rorsach 03-12-2013 11:52 PM

Beautiful collection. The LT301 is still my most wanted racquet, never got to play with it.

joe sch 03-13-2013 03:43 AM

Very nice collection Jimbo !
I really like the steels especially since they helped create the T2000 Connors era.

Below are a few of my LaCoste woods and metals:

http://woodtennis.com/lacoste/lacoste_wood3a.jpg
http://woodtennis.com/lacoste/lacoste_metal2a.jpg

Tennis Man 03-13-2013 06:12 AM

jimbo, that's impressive ... I will take my 255 and 301 to the clay court tonight. :)

ericsson 03-13-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis Man (Post 7270259)
jimbo, that's impressive ... I will take my 255 and 301 to the clay court tonight. :)

I think i will do that too, it's been awhile :-)


Nice collection J, there are still a few missing though... ;-)

jimbo333 03-13-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarrratSafin (Post 7269253)
Beautiful!:) The Equijet on the right, is also a LT301 or different model?

It's a prototype of the LT301. It has the collar above the grip of the 255, but otherwise an LT301. So it is a transition frame between the 2, as far as I'm aware!

Have you still got that great looking 258 by the way?

jimbo333 03-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costagirl (Post 7269291)
Mr. Jimbo...I think I love you! You actually brought tears to my eyes...tears of joy at the beauty of your collection!!!!! Outstanding.

Well the price I was asked to pay for a couple of those Equijets brought tears to my eyes I can tell you:-?

Thanks very much for your lovely comments, makes the effort in collecting and photographing worthwhile:)

jimbo333 03-13-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7269395)
Great collection. I would love just to get a hold of one of those covers.

Cheers, I really like the simplicity and colours of the covers. I also have a great looking bag as well somewhere, but can't find it:(

jimbo333 03-13-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7269402)
hmm....open one anyways. charge 1 ppound per visit. soon enough wimbledon will be begging you to close shop!

Getting premises in a suitable place would just be too expensive for a tennis racket museum in London. I hear what you're saying, but Wimbledon have a very dominant position, and just not worthwhile trying to compete I reckon.

Although if anyone has a large and very cheap and prominent premises in London (ideally near Wimbledon), please let me know!

jimbo333 03-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorsach (Post 7269932)
Beautiful collection. The LT301 is still my most wanted racquet, never got to play with it.

Cheers, hope you are doing well, I'm sorry I havn't been in touch. I'm sure I got at least one of these from you many years ago!

jimbo333 03-13-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe sch (Post 7270083)
Very nice collection Jimbo !
I really like the steels especially since they helped create the T2000 Connors era.

Below are a few of my LaCoste woods and metals:

http://woodtennis.com/lacoste/lacoste_wood3a.jpg
http://woodtennis.com/lacoste/lacoste_metal2a.jpg

Cheers, yes I too really like the steels due to the Connors link!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse