Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nole Racket Ausy Open 2012 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457524)

NikeUp 03-13-2013 11:55 AM

Nole Racket Ausy Open 2012
 
Here are some photos of Nole's racket I promised a while ago. I'd like to amend my comments from a previous thread where i said that it had the liquid metal paint job under the frame. It doesn't! My bad!!

So, from trusted source, its layup is a replica of a LM Radical (without the ridges). And for reason's unknown it has the flexpoint Radical PJ under the current paint. I've tried to take a variation of pictures where you can see the wear through to the orange paint. You can also see the lead under the bumper, runs all the way along.

I took a picture of the weight, 328g unstrung. Sadly i'm no where near an RDC machine so can't give any more detailed specs.


Hope you all enjoy,
Peace

NikeUp





NikeUp 03-13-2013 11:59 AM








NikeUp 03-13-2013 12:01 PM


vsbabolat 03-13-2013 12:14 PM

Good Stuff!
I hope you saw my post from the other thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7159270)
Yes, I apologize for doubting you . I have seen orange under the paint. I tend to think it's because his frames are twintube and then painted over. That is my theory only to explain why it's orange under the paint and the blue primer.


cluckcluck 03-13-2013 12:15 PM

Nice pics, I'm sure that cost you a pretty penny. Would you say it swings like a Radical? Post the rest of the specs when you have a chance. Would be nice to know the balance and such.

NikeUp 03-13-2013 02:04 PM

- VsBabolat: Yea i'm not exactly sure why they need to have it painted twice, but you may well be right.


The racket doesn't swing much like a radical, it's really solid all the way through and generally super stiff. But plays really nice, even with the tight string pattern it generates quite a bit of power. Part of the reason it's so stiff is obviously because of the double paint, the extra glossy paint increases it's stiffness. It feels mid to high 60's. If i get the chance i'll get it on an RDC for a more accurate number.

I may get my hands on one of Novaks newer frames in the next few weeks. it's the same bat just with the altered cosmetics but i'll try and get some pics anyway.

dr325i 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikeUp (Post 7271135)
- VsBabolat: Yea i'm not exactly sure why they need to have it painted twice, but you may well be right.


The racket doesn't swing much like a radical, it's really solid all the way through and generally super stiff. But plays really nice, even with the tight string pattern it generates quite a bit of power. Part of the reason it's so stiff is obviously because of the double paint, the extra glossy paint increases it's stiffness. It feels mid to high 60's. If i get the chance i'll get it on an RDC for a more accurate number.

I may get my hands on one of Novaks newer frames in the next few weeks. it's the same bat just with the altered cosmetics but i'll try and get some pics anyway.

Without guessing, why don't you find the RDC machine.
I guarantee you it is NOT in the upper 60's

floydcouncil 03-13-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikeUp (Post 7271135)
- VsBabolat: Yea i'm not exactly sure why they need to have it painted twice, but you may well be right.


The racket doesn't swing much like a radical, it's really solid all the way through and generally super stiff. But plays really nice, even with the tight string pattern it generates quite a bit of power. Part of the reason it's so stiff is obviously because of the double paint, the extra glossy paint increases it's stiffness. It feels mid to high 60's. If i get the chance i'll get it on an RDC for a more accurate number.

I may get my hands on one of Novaks newer frames in the next few weeks. it's the same bat just with the altered cosmetics but i'll try and get some pics anyway.

Paint layers make a racquet stiffer? Really? Doubt it....

NikeUp 03-13-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7271703)
Without guessing, why don't you find the RDC machine.
I guarantee you it is NOT in the upper 60's

How on EARTH could you guarantee that? Just making a random comment based on.... What you see on tv? what you think it should be? Have you seen his bat? Strung his bat? Hit with is bat?

I just looked up the original RA of the LM Radical was 64, so i can't be far off..... Tool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydcouncil (Post 7272090)
Paint layers make a racquet stiffer? Really? Doubt it....

Of course layers of paint add stiffness? It's high gloss makes the paint pretty stiff. Can easily add 2 or 3 RA points. [Side note - back in 2004 Henman tested over 40 different frames when he changed from the pro 20 to the NX One. The frame and layup was identical he couldn't work out why they were different. Turns out it was because the black Pro 20 was matt black and the NX One was glossy white/blue. So they produced a frame that was a couple of RA lower when he then found his bat again.]

Rogael Naderer 03-14-2013 01:58 AM

NikeUp, Well put!


So you have actually strung this up and hit with it?

NikeUp 03-14-2013 03:13 AM

Yea I have. I strung Alu Power at 25/24kg. Super solid. You could perhaps compare it to a Babolat Pure Storm Tour but with a more dense string pattern.

Rogael Naderer 03-14-2013 04:59 AM

Power to you, I don't think I could resist if I had a pro frame, I'd like to know the 'feel' and stability they are used too.

Don't forget that ND uses nat gut in mains which would massively cut down the stiffness.

Nostradamus 03-14-2013 05:31 AM

his racket is too flexible for our use. it is useless to us

Lefty78 03-14-2013 05:54 AM

It's been established that Nole's racquet has a Ra of 60

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=novak+almagro

dr325i 03-14-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikeUp (Post 7273206)
How on EARTH could you guarantee that? Just making a random comment based on.... What you see on tv? what you think it should be? Have you seen his bat? Strung his bat? Hit with is bat?

I just looked up the original RA of the LM Radical was 64, so i can't be far off..... Tool.



]

First, call your mother a tool next time you see her...

Next, I held and hit with Novak's rackets many times before you even realized it was not the retail stick or before you realized it was not what you claimed it was...

Definitely not in the upper 60's.

dr325i 03-14-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty78 (Post 7273552)
It's been established that Nole's racquet has a Ra of 60

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=novak+almagro

The guy likes to jump ahead then realizes how unrealistic he was...see his OP where he acknowledges that...

yourname1245 03-14-2013 08:13 AM

i also doubt it was painted twist and im sure that if it was that has little to nothing to do with the stiffness....
i have a 57e and have scrapped the paint (IG Prestige Pj) and there is orange paint coming thru... i dont think they paint the racquet twice. i know when they paint things at a body shop they some times use a primer or under coat similar to the top coat so the colors pop or even come thru the top color.

Rogael Naderer 03-15-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7273671)
First, call your mother a tool next time you see her...

Next, I held and hit with Novak's rackets many times before you even realized it was not the retail stick or before you realized it was not what you claimed it was...

Definitely not in the upper 60's.

Wow, why so personal between you two?

It's a piece of moulded graphite, no reason to get so worked up about what it is or what it isn't.

dr325i 03-15-2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogael Naderer (Post 7276400)
Wow, why so personal between you two?

It's a piece of moulded graphite, no reason to get so worked up about what it is or what it isn't.

I have nothing against him, however, if you attack me first, I fight back twice as hard...

Rogael Naderer 03-15-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7276425)
I have nothing against him, however, if you attack me first, I fight back twice as hard...

Sticks and stones my friend, he went to insults 1st though I see.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse