Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Volkl V-Torque Playtest (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457542)

TW Staff 03-13-2013 02:33 PM

Volkl V-Torque Playtest (Comments due by April 17)

Attention Talk Tennis Members:

We are no longer accepting requests for this playtest. We will make final selections early next week, and ship the string shortly thereafter.

For those of you who receive the string, please post your review by April 17.

If you do not post a review, or if your review is clearly lacking effort, you will be excluded from future playtests. Finally, please do not post "Email Sent" as we would like to cut down on some of the clutter.

** No Hybrids **

Include the following in your review:

Tension used for playtest
Regular string set up
Racquet brand and model used for test
Power of test string
Feel
Spin
Comfort
Durability
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
Compare to the string you use most often
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
List any final thoughts.

TW Staff 03-15-2013 08:08 AM

As a reminder, please do not write "email sent" posts (or posts similar). We are trying to keep the thread limited to questions and reviews. Thank you for your understanding.

Brittany, TW

TW Staff 03-15-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7277960)
Do you know what color it is?

Hi db10s,

Neon Green.

Thanks,
Jon

Andyroo10567 03-15-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7278520)
what gauge is it?

17G. 10char.

TW Staff 03-19-2013 12:33 PM

LanEVO,

Yes, we have decided to send out emails to the playtesters that were selected to participate in the playtest. The email was sent from one of our string gurus here at Tennis Warehouse.

Brittany, TW

SteveI 03-19-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7288860)
LanEVO,

Yes, we have decided to send out emails to the playtesters that were selected to participate in the playtest. The email was sent from one of our string gurus here at Tennis Warehouse.

Brittany, TW

Great idea Brittany, I have one of my main frames in need of stringing. It was great to get the e-mail confirming our entry. Makes for easy planning on the testers end.

Can't wait to see that interesting color!!

Regards,
Steve

SteveI 03-21-2013 06:07 AM

Volkl V- Torque 17G PlayTest - SteveI

Stringing: Very easy to string. About the same time to string as my normal set-up. Coil memory was not an issue and the string was very easy to work with and did not harm my fingers. String was on the softer side for a poly and there was some stretching observed while the string was being tensioned. String was softer and less stiff than the Tourna Big Hitter Silver 17G. All knots snugged up nice and tight.

Tension used for playtest: 52 mains / 50 crosses (Strung on CP 6-point Alpha) - Two Piece

Regular string set up: Tourna Big Hitter Silver 17G - 52#s mains / Head PPS 16G - Black 50#s crosses

Racquet brand and model used for test: Head YOUTEK IG Instinct MP - 100 sq. in. 16x19 Pattern.

I tested this string for 12 plus hours, both indoors and outdoors. Serving, drilling and match play both singles and doubles.

Power of test string: I found this string to have low to medium power over all strokes and conditions played in. It is a bit harder to compare the power output of this string to my normal setup since my normal setup is a hybrid and is more lively by my design. The power output was very consistent throughout the testing with no hotspots encountered. The string seems to be going dead and a bit more racket head speed was required to adjust for the reduced output.. This string is very honest. Swing speed in...power out.

Feel: Again, since I almost never play a full bed of poly it is somewhat hard for me to be very precise in my evaluation of this attribute. In general, the string had decent feel and touch but was not as good as my normal set-up or the other test frame used that was strung in a full bed with Wilson Syn Gut Extreme 16G. Feel is not a strong point of this string.

Spin: Spin is outstanding with this string over all strokes and in all conditions. Spin production was about 20 % better than my regular setup and blew away the Wilson Syn Gut Extreme 16G test frame. Spin could be produced tight and with more loop when needed. It was hard to hit long when your stroke production was solid. Spin production was very close to Tourna Big Hitter Black 17G, which is the best I have ever tested.

Comfort: For a full bed of poly, comfort was very good. While the string seemed to play stiff, firm and produced great control when testing, and that stiffness did not seem to impact my arm or shoulder in any way shape or form.

Durability: After 12 plus hours of play testing, the string is just starting to move and feel a bit on the dead side. I would rate the durability as outstanding for a poly or any other string. I am sure I can still play this string for at least another 2-3 hours before I really have to modify my strokes and swing speed. Very impressive indeed.

Playability Duration: The playability over time was excellent and the change was very linear and slight. The string did not become a rocket launcher but just loss a bit of zip at the 12 hour mark. Power output is this still acceptable at this point. Tension seems very stable over the life of this full bed.

Control: The trajectory was predictable over all strokes and swing speeds. Again, the string played very "honest". Solid stroke production = performance over all strokes and swing speeds. It was a great evaluation tool for me in the early spring season. If I hit the ball well, great.. otherwise much lower power output, spin and control.

Compare to the string you use most often (Tourna Big Hitter Silver 17G - 52#s mains / Head PPS 16G - Black 50#s crosses): This string had better control and spin production over my hybrid setup. My hybrid setup produces more power output, better overall feel and comfort. Again, I am not really comparing apples and apples as my regular setup is a hybrid. I would love to test this string side by side using the Volkl test string in hybrid set-up. I know the results would be interesting.

Tension recommendations: I got lucky and nailed the tension perfect for my game and the frame. I think if I was to utilize this string as a main in a hybrid set-up, I would maintain the tension I selected. Using a soft slick syn gut in the crosses would improve the feel and maybe open up the sweet spot a bit..really the only negative I found in my playtest.

Final thoughts: I loved the string. I did hate the color - Neon Green. I would love to see this string in a black, red and silver. This string is an outstanding offering from Volk and Tennis Warehouse and will be a great string for power baseliners and all court players. Modern ball strikers will love this string due to its great spin output, control and durability and its solid price performance ratio. I would stock and play it IF there other less wild colors offered. I can see how this color might appeal to the younger set.

Thanks TW, Volkl and Brittany!!!

lawrencejin 03-21-2013 01:05 PM

Volkl V-Torque Playtest

Received V-Torque in 17 gauge today. Strung it up on my Wilson PS 6.0 85 at 50lb. The string felt thin and stiff, with an unusual texture -- almost as if three tiny round strings were stuck together. Stringing was a breeze. It's not exactly my favorite color (will it glow in the dark?), but still, I'm looking forward to testing it out for a week.

Playtest set-up: Volkl V-Torque 17 at 50lb CP
Regular string set-up: Signum Pro Tornado 17 at 50lb CP
Racquet: Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85

Power: 3/5. Coming from lively poly strings such as Tornado and Baseline Speed, V-Torque felt relatively low powered. But don't let the low score fool you -- it is an ideal level of power for me, and I really enjoyed it. I could fully swing out on the ball without worrying about it going out. Flat shots were fantastic. Topspin groundies initially bounced short, but that was not too difficult to adjust. The pace on my serves were OK overall. As expected, flat serves were not as effective as with Tornado, so that's something to keep in mind if most of your first serves are flat.

Feel: 5/5. The string felt very crisp and solid. I personally enjoy this type of feel, as it complements my heavy frame rather well. If I had to pick a negative, off-center hits were slightly harsher on my arms than others.

Spin: 4/5. Great spin. I am debating whether it should be a 4 or a 5. My kick serves and sliders were very effective. Many of my deep ground strokes dipped last minute to clip the line. The string definitely provides more than enough spin potential for me to utilize. What's even better is that, unlike some other spinny strings, I felt quite comfortable switching back and forth between topspin and flat ground strokes.

Comfort: 3/5. The comfort level was average, comparable to Tornado. Like Tornado, good hits never gave any problems, but mishits felt harsher than softer poly strings. When playing doubles, I was at the net and tried to block a passing shot to my backhand. The ball hit the top of my frame, and my elbow mildly ached for a second. It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it's something to consider.

Durability: 4/5. The string looks pretty durable. The mains started notching in the first hour, but crosses are still OK after 3 hours; the mains slide back and forth fine. I am more interested in playability duration so I will keep this part short.

Playability duration: __/5. After 3 hours, so far, so good. Playing characteristics have remained stable and predictable. Tension has also remained very much intact. Immediately after stringing, the pitch of my string bed was D#. After an hour, it fell to D, but remained there ever since. The strings have become rounded near the sweet spot, but at a rate slower than other shaped strings such as Tornado. It might be due to its unique shape, which is sharper and more protruding... almost as if three tiny strings were stuck together... There is no noticeable change in spin or power so far. The strings do move about (mildly) in the first hour, so it's definitely not for the OCD-minded. I will update this part in about a week.

Control: 4/5. Control with V-Torque is very good. The string allowed me to do everything that I wanted to that were within my skills, plus a few occasional special shots. I had no trouble controlling ground strokes, volleys, and serves with this string. I made a few good running forehand passing shots. The only minor complaint I had was that I could not effectively perform cross-court wrist flicks, which is a bit easier with Tornado.

Comparison with Tornado 17: Personally, I find Volkl V-Torque to be a great alternative to Tornado. There are two differences. First, V-Torque is slightly lower powered, which made me feel more comfortable swinging out flat shots, while at the same time marginally hurt my serves and defensive shots. Second, the feel is different. They are both pretty crisp, but V-Torque feels a bit deader and more solid. I am happy with both. Other performance characteristics are comparable. So an important question is, will V-Torque hold its playing characteristics as well as Tornado? If so, I will consider changing my go-to strings to Volkl V-Torque.

Tension recommendations: Your regular poly tension should be fine.

I will reserve my overall comments until I see how well the string retains its playing characteristics in the following week. It looks promising. The glow-in-the-dark green color is a bit disturbing, but you can use it to your advantage by waving it in front of your opponent(s) -- they will surely be blinded by its glow.

Follow-up review here.

Thank you TW for the play test!

Rabbit 03-21-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrencejin (Post 7293546)
Received V-Torque in 17 gauge today. Strung it up on my Wilson PS 6.0 85 at 50lb. The string felt thin and stiff, with an unusual texture -- almost as if three tiny round strings were stuck together. Stringing was a breeze. It's not exactly my favorite color (will it glow in the dark?), but still, I'm looking forward to testing it out for a week.

(Review pending in a week)

I was going to post as well. I received my neon green set today as well. It is 17 gauge. I strung it up and all I can say is WOW! It certainly didn't string as stiffly as all the other poly I string and I agree it was a breeze to put in.

Going out for a hit today and will deliver a full report when it breaks. The chap I strung it for should do that in 2 days. :)

EDIT: Testing - 21MAR13
EDIT: Completion - 23MAR13

Tension used for playtest : 58 pounds on a CP Electronic machine

Regular string set up : Volkl V-Rex 16L @ 58

Racquet brand and model used for test : Wilson 99S

Power of test string : Power of string was in line with regular poly, no noticeable increase or decrease

Feel : V-Torque felt stiffer than V-Rex, softer and felt like it pocketed more right off the stringing machine. It definitely had more bite than V-Rex.

Spin : Spin was great, better than V-Rex, as noted, the string seemed to have more bite.

Comfort : Felt a bit stiffer than regular but was still comfortable at tension

Durability : String broke in 2 1/2 hours of use.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) : For the 2 1/2 hours it was in there, it played fine. :)

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) : String performed well on all strokes and at all swing speeds. Control was great and spin was evident and tight. At net, the string pocketed and was responsive.

Compare to the string you use most often

This string has a bit more spin potential than V-Rex 16L, an old Volkl product. It may be a bit stiffer than V-Rex at the same tension.
There was nothing extraordinary about the string, it wasn't more powerful than V-Rex and control was as good as V-Rex.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I probably would have backed the tension down to 50 to avoid some of the stiff feeling and hopefully to add some life to the string.

List any final thoughts. Nice string, in the 99S the 16 or better a 15L would be more appropriate.

TW Staff 03-22-2013 08:45 AM

Hi Playtesters!

Hope everyone has received their string (or will shortly). If you could please not reserve posts for your reviews that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brittany, TW

SteveI 03-22-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7295167)
Hi Playtesters!

Hope everyone has received their string (or will shortly). If you could please not reserve posts for your reviews that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brittany, TW

Hi Brittany,

While it is pleasure and honor to be part of these playtests, I wonder if you could explain why reserving space for our posts creates a problem on your end? Do you feel that creating a placeholder in someway comprises the integrity of the playtest? Playtesters have been doing this for quite a while.

Thanks for all your hard work and your attention to my question.

Regards,
SteveI

TW Staff 03-22-2013 03:30 PM

SteveI,

I ask this and will ask this for a variety of reasons going forward in playtests. Mostly it is to help the other readers in the thread. Most times people don't go back pages in a thread to read a review that is constantly being updated and just go to first unread post. Since you had already started writing your review, I left it so you are good to go.

Thank you for your understanding!

Brittany, TW

SteveI 03-22-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7295957)
SteveI,

I ask this and will ask this for a variety of reasons going forward in playtests. Mostly it is to help the other readers in the thread. Most times people don't go back pages in a thread to read a review that is constantly being updated and just go to first unread post. Since you had already started writing your review, I left it so you are good to go.

Thank you for your understanding!

Brittany, TW

Thanks...

Have a great night!

Rabbit 03-22-2013 07:27 PM

Sorry about that, chief!

I have completed the string test, thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope the above review meets or exceeds your expectations.

Thanks again,
Rabbit

Brian11785 03-23-2013 03:46 PM

Me: 3.5 who prefers singles; two-handed shots on both sides; mostly hit pretty flat but like hitting spin for angles. Starting to slice more.

Tension used for playtest: 59 mains/57 crosses.

Regular string set up: Cyberflash 16 @ 60 in mains with either synthetic or natural gut at 60 in the crosses. Used to go full bed of Cyberflash 60/58.

Racquet brand and model used for test: Yonex RQIS 1 Tour

Power of test string: I’d say this string was marginally but noticeably more powerful than Cyberflash. So medium-low. One indication was that many of the defensive block shots that usually stay in with my regular set-up were landing out.

Feel: Definitely better feel than a full bed of Cyberflash. Comparable to a Cyberflash/syn gut hybrid. Particularly when I kept mechanics simple, very responsive. I could really feel the strings/ball and what I was doing with them.

Spin: Predictably, the spin potential was better than with my regular thicker, smoother poly. No effort at all to get some nice grab on spin serves. Could also very easily hit the service boxes for angled groundstrokes. Slices felt sublime, though I don’t think I got quite the low skid I normally do.

Comfort: Comfortable but crisp. One thing about the RQIS that I don’t find ideal (compared to the RQIS XL, my normal frame) is its lack of crispness. This string provided that crispness and bite that the frame was previously lacking.

Durability: Will see. The strings look/seem a lot more durable strung than they did in the package.

Playability Duration: Will see.

Control: A smidge (REALLY just a smidge) unwieldy compared to my normal set-up, but I think upping the tension a few pounds might put it right where I’d want it.

Tension recommendations: I’d say string at your normal poly tension. I went conservative and strung a pound looser than I usually do full poly. It probably wouldn’t make much of a difference, but I’d just go back to my normal tension, if I strung these again.

Miscellaneous: The pictures of this string do not do justice its abilities to blind. Would like to try the 16 gauge.

datsveryinterestin 03-23-2013 09:44 PM

VOLKL V-TORQUE 17g PLAYTEST

conditions - 44 degrees F with 20mph winds :evil:
don't hate.. i did what i could in unseasonably cold midatlantic. trust me i would have preferred an outdoor league match in 75F!
due to bad conditions i only used very old balls to practice serves and hit groundies with against a wall. i've gotten used to demoing racquets in this kind of test though so i have a decent idea on how it would play in a match. however, i hope to take it out again (after next snowstorm and before strings go dead) when it warms up a little!

Tension used for playtest - 54m/52x
Regular string set up - maxim touch 17g 56m/enduro pro 17g 54x
Racquet brand and model used for test - Yonex RDIS 100 mid

Power of test string - 8/10 i thought this string had just the right amount of power. i could get depth easily and if balls went long i could correct and reel the power in by putting more spin on the ball (by changing grips or swinging faster)

Feel - 8/10 it was comfortable. no vibration even without a dampener. but it was not mushy either. comfortably crisp? i have been having wrist pain with other poly strings but after testing i am positive this string would not cause similar "wrist crunch" pain. i usually use tec black code 17 or enduro pro 17 and this was noticeably more arm friendly than both of those.

Spin - 8/10 i only tested serves due to weather conditions.. but i was pleasantly surprised by the topspin i was getting on my 2nd serves. i was getting more clearance over the net and it seemed to really jump after it hit the court. i did sacrifice some pace from my normal setup but the tradeoff would be higher serve percentages that still had good movement, spin, and kick that would probably yield more wins in matches.

Comfort - 9/10 reshly strung, it was firm (like 15g syn gut firm, not ALY power rough firm) but not hard on wrist, elbow, or shoulder, even in cold weather. i will have to take it out again in a few days to determine overall comfort. the Yonex RDIS100 mid helps all strings, but i was expecting more vibration from the full poly string. but it felt so nice i was able to remove the dampener and hit. it did not give off a high pitched PING or feel uncomfortable at all. truly a pleasant hit!

Durability - TBD - 2 hours in and feels just like new still\

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) - TBD - only hit with 2 hours so far...

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) 7.5/10
ahh, this is what i have the most trouble with when playing full poly strings. i hit what i think should be a down the line winner and instead with some polys it can be a loopy winner or a shot into the fence. (whereas with a multi mains i just KNOW where the ball is going to go before i swing) but even though i havent found the poly that gives me this kind of confidence yet, Volkl Torque 17 came pretty close.
It gave me too much power a few times but if I didn't try to DRIVE the ball but instead tryed to LOOP the ball in aggressively, it did great! If you have a low to high topspin stroke this string will really reward you.
even though the string bed was pretty firm, my slices seemed to float a bit more than i would have liked.

Compare to the string you use most often - it felt more like a shaped, extra firm, synthetic gut than my usual poly strings. it really is a 4th generation poly that blurs the line between soft poly and firm synthetic gut. the ridges on the string really seemed to grab the ball and be fairly durable. more comfortable than Enduro Pro and Black Code 17. Enduro Pro can feel stiff/metallic and Black Code can feel stiff/plastic whereas V-Torque felt more like a very tight nylon/syn gut string.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) -
i've recently discovered that i've been stringing most of my polys too high (56-60lbs in 93&96"racquets)...(((not that i've played badly at this tension but that i could have had easier matches and not developed wrist pain)))and while it has helped with control, i've been losing out on some of the massive spin and power capabilities.
There is a fine line to get the control to power ratio right with a lot of polys. However, Volkl V-Torque seems very powerful in 17g, so i would not lower tension on this one. 54/52 in my 93" RDIS100 mid felt right to me.

final thoughts - i felt mixed on V-Torque compared to my multi/poly hybrid in a midsize frame. yes, i think it would help with consistency and on 2nd serves to make sure they go IN and maybe with more clearance & spin to keep it out of the returner's strike zone. balls really hopped off the court with topspin using this string and i could feel the string grab the ball when brushing up on 2nd serves.
i could also see how this string would be great for a baseline aggressive moonball type of game because you could get tons of height and spin over the net but still keep the ball in play forever. but with my yonex rdis100 mid, i usually play a different style.
i go for big serves and try to force short balls and finish points early. i felt like i get more MPHs with my regular setup and prefer the lower and faster trajectory that my hybrid offers. however, i would not want to play an advanced player on clay using v-torque 16g plays with a Head Extreme or Babolat Pure Drive.
i also tried a few other racquets with other strings on the day, BLX PRO TOUR with 3 week old genesis TYPHOON 50lbs, BLX PRO TOUR with BLACK CODE 55lbs, and RDIS100 with MAXIM TOUCH/ENDURO PRO55lbs.
this is where things get confusing for me, because i served best with pro tour with typhoon at 50lbs but i am pretty sure a lot of groundstrokes would sail long on me with that combo in a match. both typhoon and black code felt vague at best and harsh and painfull at times when trying to crush forehands. however at medium swing speed i got great spin&power from typhoon and great spin&control from black code. my hybrid combo RDIS100 felt great when hitting hard but sometimes was too flat and not enough spin on serves.
the playtest has me curious about the differences people will find between the popular Volkl Cyclone string and Torque (i've never hit w/ cyclone but have been drop-shotted by it a fair amount!)/
It also has increased my angst about finding the "best string" for my game and racquet. shouldl i try freshly strung Typhoon again or lowering my Black Code tension to see how they play? Or should I try new Razor Code ,Twisted Razor, or Volkl V-Pro 18g? In other words, testing strings is dangerous because there are 100s of them and factoring tension variability it can be a never ending task to find the "perfect string"!
I have a feeling V-Torque will find a strong following of "spin-meisters" that enjoy its combination of SPIN, COMFORT, if it has good TENSION maintenance (tbd). I am annoyed with the price creep of poly strings (especially since my 10yr old enduro pro 17g poly seems to play just as good and hold tension longer than most of them) and V-torque is under 10bucks and seems to play quite well too. I don't understand why Volkl needs pink, red, yellow, black, grey, blue, and green poly string all in different shapes, but there just might be one for me among them! Some marketing major told Vokl to try every geometric shape and color combo and maybe one will stick????

jim e 03-25-2013 05:28 AM

Tension used for playtest: 47 lbs.
Regular string set up: Wilson Nat. gut 64 lbs
Racquet brand and model used for test:Head Radical Tour
Power of test string: 8/10 After settling in , the power was excellent.Depth shots from baseline were very much in control
Feel: 7/10 A little stiffer than other polys I have used, although I am use to nat. gut at present time.
Spin:9/10 I would bet that this is what Volkl was after with this string.
The ballís rotation seemed to increase as it headed back across the net. Spin is this strings best quality
Comfort:8/10 Very crisp string.
Durability:7/10 Broke at the 7 hour mark. Was very playable for that duration
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time):8/10 String played very well over the 7 hours it lasted. I did not find any dropoff in playability over that amount of time.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?):8/10 This string is for hard hitters looking for more control. The spin is excellent, and has a good balance between power and control.
Compare to the string you use most often7/10. I guess it is hard to compare any poly to nat. gut, as the nat gut has the feel, along with the power and comfort. But for a poly this was a great string to hit with.A very balanced poly not too soft or stiff, but has a crispness to it.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)The 47 lbs seems to hit real well for me giving it the power, feel and control. A nice string for a poly.I will purchase more of this and see if I get more playing time with it before it breaks.
Other thoughts: Great all around playability for a poly.

rdis10093 03-25-2013 05:50 AM

wow, that rqis looks brand new. are you able to get them new somewhere, or do just take special care of it?

Brian11785 03-25-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdis10093 (Post 7301333)
wow, that rqis looks brand new. are you able to get them new somewhere, or do just take special care of it?

I bought two almost a year ago from my local shop for $99 each, after a dream playtest. Last two they had. After the fog lifted, I realized I wasn't yet good enough to play with them as my main stick, though I love the feel/balance/aesthetics. I keep them strung, but don't hit with them too much. Maybe four hours a month.

Ended up finding some cheaper RQIS XLs used that I like more and am using them as my main sticks at this point. But my goal is to get strong/good enough (or find the right string set-up....these V-Torques were by far my favorite yet with this racquet.) to play exclusively with the RQISes by the time the XLs wear out.

Bhagi Katbamna 03-29-2013 09:40 AM

Racket Used: Wilson BLX Pro Tour 2012.

Tension used for playtest: 49 lb mains(16) 47lb crosses(20).

Regular string set up: Volkl Cyclone 18, Kirschbaum Pro Line II

Power of test string: Good power at this tension. More than Kirschbaum PII about the same as cyclone.

Feel: Excellent feel on slice and volleys. Drop shots and drop volleys are controllable.

Spin: About the same as cyclone and a little more than ProLine.

Comfort: Important to me because I used to have elbow and shoulder problems. After 2 hours of singles, no pain. Excellent comfort.

Durability: So far, I have played 6 hours no problems so far. Update: Just finished 2 hours of doubles today. No problems.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): Excellent. Has not lost tension for 8 hours of play.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Good control. Never felt as if the ball was going to fly.

Compare to the string you use most often: It feels a bit softer and has a bit more spin than Proline II.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): 49 in the mains and 47 in the crosses was the right tension for a 96 sq. in racket with a 16 x 20 string pattern.

List any final thoughts: This is a great string. It was easy to string and it plays really well. If it is similar in price to cyclone, this will be a great buy. Also, I even like the color

Thanks to TW and Volkl for allowing me to be part of the test.