Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sold a racquet.... and didn't get a reference... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457654)

Overdrive 03-14-2013 05:44 PM

Sold a racquet.... and didn't get a reference...

So, on here I sold a Boris Becker V1 MidPlus and I eventually sold it to someone here on the board (I eventually will display their e-mail address and name) in time, and while I wasn't very fast in shipping due to that I messed up while printing a label and getting the money to get another one, he was very active in communication. As soon as the racquet is delievered, I received nothing else from him...

I provided alot of extra accessories with the item and he quoted that " I don't really care about those"... Show some consideration.. I could've just took them out of the package, but I didn't because I value my integrity.

Anyways, I think it's a noob on here and I don't believe that I found his e-mail on the board.. It's annoying to not get a reference from a sale on here.

MAXXply 03-14-2013 05:59 PM

Despite your exasperating self-absorption, there is always something compellingly readable about you - and it's all about you. I've grabbed a bucket of popcorn with extra salty-sweet.

Overdrive 03-14-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7274967)
Despite your exasperating self-absorption, there is always something compellingly readable about you - and it's all about you. I've grabbed a bucket of popcorn with extra salty-sweet.

Although I completely disagree with you, thanks. :)

Fearsome Forehand 03-14-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7274944)
So, on here I sold a Boris Becker V1 MidPlus and I eventually sold it to someone here on the board (I eventually will display their e-mail address and name) in time, and while I wasn't very fast in shipping due to that I messed up while printing a label and getting the money to get another one, he was very active in communication. As soon as the racquet is delievered, I received nothing else from him...

I provided alot of extra accessories with the item and he quoted that " I don't really care about those"... Show some consideration.. I could've just took them out of the package, but I didn't because I value my integrity.

Anyways, I think it's a noob on here and I don't believe that I found his e-mail on the board.. It's annoying to not get a reference from a sale on here.

I'm guessing the "he was very active in communication" might have been several where is the racket emails?

Not everyone leaves feedback. Maybe about half the people do. It is voluntary not mandatory. And if someone doesn't leave you feedback, it may be an indication they were not thrilled with how you handled the deal or they are simply not feedback leavers. If you were slow to ship, you can't really expect a good reference.

If you complain about someone not leaving feedback, don't expect anyone to take you seriously or want to deal with you in the future.
If you post the other party's name and email over such a trivial matter, you will succeed only in making yourself look bad. Not leaving feedback does not warrant leaving a "bad" reference. Leaving a bad reference for someone not leaving feedback does, however, make the poster of such a reference look like a fool.

I'm guessing the OP is about 16? Unless this was a misguided attempt at extremely dry wit, the original post is worthy of a grade school kid. :roll:

Overdrive 03-14-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 7275770)
I'm guessing the "he was very active in communication" might have been several where the hell is the racket emails?

Not everyone leaves feedback. Maybe about half the people do. It is voluntary not mandatory. And if someone doesn't leave you feedback, it may be an indication they were not thrilled with how you handled the deal or they are simply not feedback leavers. If you were slow to ship, you can't really expect a good reference.

If you complain about someone not leaving feedback, don't expect anyone to take you seriously or want to deal with you in the future.
If you post the other party's name and email over such a trivial matter, you will succeed only in making yourself look bad. Not leaving feedback does not warrant leaving a "bad" reference. Leaving a bad reference for someone not leaving feedback does, however, make the poster of such a reference look like a fool.

I'm guessing the OP is about 16? Unless this was a misguided attempt at extremely dry wit, the original post is worthy of a grade school kid. :roll:

I'm not complaining and he knew that I messed up. Everything was fine. It was only a delay for around a few days.

I can't find any FS/T posts about him anyways; probably another user that don't post much on the board.

Your right Detective, I'm a snot-nosed, immature high school kid that cracked another case. You basically stated everything that I already knew. Congrats, you cracked another case.

Overdrive 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

It doesn't matter anyways. It's just one reference..

dak95_00 03-16-2013 06:29 AM

Did you leave a reference post? While it's not guaranteed a post will be made, it is also not written who should leave the first post.

I make it a point to leave feedback as soon as possible. Before I do, I contact the buyer to make certain they were satisfied with the transaction and then I leave feedback for the buyer. If the buyer was not satisfied, I'd try to correct the situation ASAP; this scenario has NEVER happened.

The gist is you should leave feedback first.

Overdrive 03-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak95_00 (Post 7279710)
Did you leave a reference post? While it's not guaranteed a post will be made, it is also not written who should leave the first post.

I make it a point to leave feedback as soon as possible. Before I do, I contact the buyer to make certain they were satisfied with the transaction and then I leave feedback for the buyer. If the buyer was not satisfied, I'd try to correct the situation ASAP; this scenario has NEVER happened.

The gist is you should leave feedback first.

But he NEVER gave me his username so I can't post a reference about him...

dak95_00 03-16-2013 10:39 AM

In that case, forget about it. He might not even have a username or ever post on the forum. It's not like these messages are private. It becomes his problem in the future since he doesn't have feedback if he wants to buy/sell and the next guy won't deal w/ him w/o previous references.

If you think he does have a username, do a search on google or yahoo by typing his email followed by site: tt.tennis-warehouse.com to find threads where he might've posted his email before. You could also try w/ his name. The key is the site: search.

Fearsome Forehand 03-16-2013 01:09 PM

Or, he could act like a grown up and let it go. :)

If the other party was interested in leaving him a reference, he would have done so.

Overdrive 03-16-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak95_00 (Post 7280174)
In that case, forget about it. He might not even have a username or ever post on the forum. It's not like these messages are private. It becomes his problem in the future since he doesn't have feedback if he wants to buy/sell and the next guy won't deal w/ him w/o previous references.

If you think he does have a username, do a search on google or yahoo by typing his email followed by site: tt.tennis-warehouse.com to find threads where he might've posted his email before. You could also try w/ his name. The key is the site: search.

It's a waste of time tracking him down for one reference. Oh well.
Thanks by the way.