Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A Small Request... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457798)

db10s 03-15-2013 06:21 PM

A Small Request...
 
I was wondering if I could photography the Delray Beach Fed Cup event "on behalf" of TW... In other words take pictures and write a story on the forum... I am equipped to do it, I just am not "in" the tennis photography business, only wildlife (mostly birds in the swamps of FL) and amateur tennis photography... If all else fails I can retreat to the grandstands... :neutral:

I need a "letter of assignment" aka "this is ____ and ____ will be doing ____ for _____...

SFrazeur 03-15-2013 07:29 PM

Sounds like someone is trying to get a media pass for the event. . .

-SF

db10s 03-15-2013 07:43 PM

That would be correct.

db10s 03-16-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 7279058)
Sounds like someone is trying to get a media pass for the event. . .

-SF

And contribute to the forum at the same time...

OHBH 03-16-2013 11:46 AM

They would likely need a resume and background check before you could do anything for them on their behalf. TW could be held liable for things people do with the media passes they give out. Good luck though.

SFrazeur 03-16-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7280166)
And contribute to the forum at the same time...

And get in free.

-SF

Moz 03-16-2013 03:52 PM

Do you resent the idea that much? How does it hurt you?

db10s 03-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 7280379)
And get in free.

-SF

I already get in free.

db10s 03-16-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBH (Post 7280298)
They would likely need a resume and background check before you could do anything for them on their behalf. TW could be held liable for things people do with the media passes they give out. Good luck though.

Hence the reason why I asked and didn't forge a letter like some people might do.

zapvor 03-16-2013 07:56 PM

i suggest you contacting them privately db

themitchmann 03-17-2013 04:01 AM

I support your efforts!

ollinger 03-17-2013 05:07 AM

I imagine most people running a highly visible retail company would be concerned about having a stranger who's not at all beholding to the company represent them at a public event. Not much upside potential, plenty of downside potential if you go streaking on one of the courts wearing nothing but your TW credential.

db10s 03-17-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7282354)
I imagine most people running a highly visible retail company would be concerned about having a stranger who's not at all beholding to the company represent them at a public event. Not much upside potential, plenty of downside potential if you go streaking on one of the courts wearing nothing but your TW credential.

Now I know you are serious, but that must've taken some thinking.

db10s 03-17-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7281821)
i suggest you contacting them privately db

I tried... No response. I chalked it up to just not seeing it, at least here I know it will be seen.

borg number one 03-17-2013 10:25 AM

Good luck db10s. Those are nice pictures posted in the Coolest Pictures of Pros thread.

db10s 03-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borg number one (Post 7282973)
Good luck db10s. Those are nice pictures posted in the Coolest Pictures of Pros thread.

Thanks... Those are with my old outdated camera too... With my new camera, I have a better keeper rate (not deleting as many pictures due to quality.).

borg number one 03-17-2013 08:56 PM

You're welcome. They are very good. I'm sure you'll make good use of technology. Even photos with the old technology often look great, with a different feel, even with black and white. Best of luck with tennis and school. Have fun. Thank you.

TW Staff 03-18-2013 07:52 AM

We have emailed you at your address on file.

Thank you,
Tiffani, TW

db10s 03-18-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7285924)
We have emailed you at your address on file.

Thank you,
Tiffani, TW

Got it... Thanks for getting back to me.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse