Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2013 Indian Wells Final: (5) Rafael Nadal vs (7) Juan Martin Del Potro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=457886)

ductrung3993 03-16-2013 04:21 PM

2013 Indian Wells Final: (5) Rafael Nadal vs (7) Juan Martin Del Potro

I think Ralph take this one easily. We all know how terribly Delpo is physically and he has spent like six hours in the last two days on court.

NadalAgassi 03-16-2013 04:23 PM

Even though I am a Nadal fan I hope Del Potro wins. He deserves a Masters title finally. I am not sure what will happen though. Nadal definitely has the physical advantage, has spent less time on court, but I dont think he is back at his full best yet. DP has played some of his best tennis in awhile at this event. 50-50 call really.

I think it will either be Del Potro in 2 fairly close sets or Nadal in 3. Dont think DP can win this match in 3.

kishnabe 03-16-2013 04:24 PM

You Win....Delpo in 2.

Legend of Borg 03-16-2013 04:26 PM

Hafa in 2, but after these last 2 days I really don't know what to predict anymore.

malbaker86 03-16-2013 04:27 PM

I think Rafa wins.

Del Potro having to defeat, Murray, Joker, AND Nadal is a helluva task

MonkeyBoy 03-16-2013 04:28 PM

JMDP in 2 or 3

monfed 03-16-2013 04:28 PM

Ralph in 2 unfortunately..

underground 03-16-2013 04:29 PM

Hmmm will the NY exhibition have an effect on this? Last year Fed played Roddick in MSG, Roddick won, shortly after he did it again in Miami.

Meanwhile, enjoy another Delpo in 3 match. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnxUdCg_MVg

norbac 03-16-2013 04:34 PM

Glad it's not another Djoker/Rafa final. Would be nice for either one to win. Rafa winning would get Ferrer out of the top 4 and Delpo winning would cement him back into the conversation of threatening the top 4.

NadalAgassi 03-16-2013 04:35 PM

Oh Nadal winning would drop Ferrer to #5. In that case I might have to cheer for Nadal just because of that (otherwise was going to cheer for DP to win his first Masters). Hopefully DP keeps up this form through the year too and Ferrer is never in the top 4 again. Sorry it just makes the slams unbalanced, basically everyone except Muray on clay has a bye in the semis.

eliars 03-16-2013 04:36 PM

When was the last time a player beat 3 of the top 4 (real top 4) in succession? Has it ever happened before? If JMDP pulls this off it would be amazing. Today was a grueling battle though and let's see if he can recover. I hope Rafa wins, but I would be totally fine with Delpo taking home his first M1000 title. He's such a likeable fella.

As for the match Delpo can't use the slice to effect like he did today vs Djokovic. Rafa will just kill it with his FH cc. We'll see how things go tomorrow. Vamos!

veroniquem 03-16-2013 04:41 PM

1- Rafa is achieving the best tennis comeback ever: 4 events played, 4 finals and this time nobody will be able to whine that it's "just" clay.
2- If Rafa wins tomorrow, I predict he will get #1 back at some point during the season
3- Delpo may be having that breakthrough moment everyone was waiting for him to have since his brilliant win of the USO.
Delpo is trying to score his second title of the year and his 1st master title, Rafa his 3rd and with it tie Lendl for most master titles won: 22. It would be Rafa 's 3rd IW title. It is his 4th final there, all in odd years!! (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013) If he wins, Rafa will propel to #2 in the race on Monday (and so will Delpo).

zagor 03-16-2013 04:42 PM

Nadal in straights.

NadalAgassi 03-16-2013 04:42 PM

Rafa will have a hard time getting to #1 this year IMO, even if she somehow repeated his 2011 3 slam sweep. He took a fat 0 for not even playing the Australian Open which will hurt him alot, and that combined with likely a usual poor post U.S Open would not give him the points for #1, no matter what.

ark_28 03-16-2013 04:43 PM

Really hope Del Po wins! Huge respect for Rafa but Del Po has gone through Murray and Del Po finally someone outside the top 4 has answered the call we felt Del Po should be the guy and he is delivering it also sucks that he has never won a masters!

Rafa is back he will be the man to beat on clay he will be winning his masters and slams I am sure! But I really hope Del Po has his moment tomorrow he deserves it!

Cesc Fabregas 03-16-2013 04:44 PM

For once I can be happy with either outcome.

TheF1Bob 03-16-2013 04:44 PM

Rafa in 2 because Novak was ***** and let the tired Delpo beat him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7281321)
1- Rafa is achieving the best tennis comeback ever: 4 events played, 4 finals and this time nobody will be able to whine that it's "just" clay.
2- If Rafa wins tomorrow, I predict he will get #1 back at some point during the season
3- Delpo may be having that breakthrough moment everyone was waiting for him to have since his brilliant win of the USO.
Delpo is trying to score his second title of the year and his 1st master title, Rafa his 3rd and with it tie Lendl for most master titles won: 22. It would be Rafa 's 3rd IW title. It is his 4th final there, all in odd years!! If he wins, Rafa will propel to #2 in the race on Monday.

Are you the new NSK?

Mike Sams 03-16-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliars (Post 7281296)
When was the last time a player beat 3 of the top 4 (real top 4) in succession? Has it ever happened before? If JMDP pulls this off it would be amazing. Today was a grueling battle though and let's see if he can recover. I hope Rafa wins, but I would be totally fine with Delpo taking home his first M1000 title. He's such a likeable fella.

As for the match Delpo can't use the slice to effect like he did today vs Djokovic. Rafa will just kill it with his FH cc. We'll see how things go tomorrow. Vamos!

Del Potro was the first man ever to beat Federer and Nadal back to back in a Slam.

cc0509 03-16-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7281335)
Rafa in 2 because Novak was ***** and let the tired Delpo beat him.

Djokovic is not invincible.

DragonBlaze 03-16-2013 04:45 PM

Wow, Rafa actually has a great shot at coming back on HC after a year and winning the title! That is half parts awesome and half parts hilarious :lol:.

Imagine if he wins, the confidence he gains, I'm thinking another clay sweep yet again. Interesting times.....Is Rafa playing Miami?

Poor Delpo though, I want him to get his first masters but with all that time spent on court, I wonder if he'll be up to it.