Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Federer Indian Wells 2013 shoe (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458156)

martini1 03-19-2013 07:18 AM

Federer Indian Wells 2013 shoe

Does anybody got a high res shot of the shoes? How is it different from the retail ver?

TepidFish 03-19-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini1 (Post 7288214)
Does anybody got a high res shot of the shoes? How is it different from the retail ver?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...383334&page=20

gavna 03-19-2013 12:25 PM

Also some major textile differences in the shoe vs retail..........Feds shoe does not have the "soft" Achilles protect on it, the heel of his are solid along the top. Also on the toe box the retail version of the V9 has the anti drag toe piece made out of "plastic/DG" material.....Feds shoe has it made out of what looks like suede or a softer material. Finally the shank under the shoe is the braided material in a clear resin for Fed........the retail V9 has the shank support made out of a solid plastic.

martini1 03-19-2013 04:47 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah, the RF PE again is 10X nicer!

Sumo 03-19-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7288835)
Also some major textile differences in the shoe vs retail..........Feds shoe does not have the "soft" Achilles protect on it, the heel of his are solid along the top. Also on the toe box the retail version of the V9 has the anti drag toe piece made out of "plastic/DG" material.....Feds shoe has it made out of what looks like suede or a softer material. Finally the shank under the shoe is the braided material in a clear resin for Fed........the retail V9 has the shank support made out of a solid plastic.

Someone sue Nike now!

anhuynh16 03-19-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumo (Post 7289432)
Someone sue Nike now!

Not sure if that was sarcastic...

If it wasn't : if Nike brought out EXACTLY what Fed wore, they would last two days for a player. It would also bring to price to at least $180 or so..

Sumo 03-19-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 7289435)

If it wasn't : if Nike brought out EXACTLY what Fed wore, they would last two days for a player. It would also bring to price to at least $180 or so..

It was, but I think that's as ridiculous as the racquet issue.

martini1 03-19-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

But we all know there are bunch of buyers will pay double that price for an exact spec shoe and won't even wear it on the court.

PS I think the sole will last, just not 6 months, or not even 2. Unless Fed uses a new pair every day, I believe he just got 1 extra pair in his bag during game. That's just 4 pairs for the tourney (2 colorway, 2 each). May be another pair for his practice sessions?

gavna 03-23-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Do think so.......he uses the same sole......the upper same the differences are pretty small.......the Achilles part is for sure a comfort and support issue. The toe drag material yea that would burn thru fast.

But the shank made of plastic vs the old fiber braid very interesting........the Oscillate's had that braided shank, don't see why (sure I do it's a cost issue!) folks shelling out $120+ get the best possible shoe.

Also every other pro who wears the V9s have the same shoe as the mere mortals........Fed the only dude who gets the customs it seems. Not a big deal just interesting.

Bobby Jr 03-23-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7298160)
Do think so.......he uses the same sole......the upper same the differences are pretty small.......the Achilles part is for sure a comfort and support issue. The toe drag material yea that would burn thru fast.

His sole is completely different to the retail one (for hard courts) - his has mostly negative detailing whereas the retail ones have positive detailing (see here). The sole also has the flared edge in the forefoot which his custom versions have had for a number of years.

Similarly, his shoes are not the same shape as the retail shoe - they seem broader across the forefoot. They also have a different tongue and don't have the inner foot plastic wear guards below the top lacing holes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7298160)
Also every other pro who wears the V9s have the same shoe as the mere mortals........Fed the only dude who gets the customs it seems. Not a big deal just interesting.

Not so. Sharapova wears custom jobs which differ to the retail shoes in as many ways as Federer's..

West Coast Ace 03-24-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7298308)
Similarly, his shoes are not the same shape as the retail shoe - they seem broader across the forefoot.

Bobby, I can confirm they are incredibly wider. A (very rich) friend bought a pair of AO used shoes from Roger's site (before they started auctioning them and the prices went incredibly high). When I visited him (he's outside the US) he brought them out so I could see them. Fed's foot is so wide it's almost hard to fathom.

The IW shoe is growing on me (even if it doesn't look just like Fed's) - now that I think cleaning the white is doable. If they come down to $99 and my size is still available, might do it.

T21D 03-24-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace (Post 7299820)
Bobby, I can confirm they are incredibly wider. A (very rich) friend bought a pair of AO used shoes from Roger's site (before they started auctioning them and the prices went incredibly high). When I visited him (he's outside the US) he brought them out so I could see them. Fed's foot is so wide it's almost hard to fathom.

The IW shoe is growing on me (even if it doesn't look just like Fed's) - now that I think cleaning the white is doable. If they come down to $99 and my size is still available, might do it.

Well it's down to a c-note on tw website

gavna 03-25-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7298308)
His sole is completely different to the retail one (for hard courts) - his has mostly negative detailing whereas the retail ones have positive detailing (see here). The sole also has the flared edge in the forefoot which his custom versions have had for a number of years.

Similarly, his shoes are not the same shape as the retail shoe - they seem broader across the forefoot. They also have a different tongue and don't have the inner foot plastic wear guards below the top lacing holes.

Not so. Sharapova wears custom jobs which differ to the retail shoes in as many ways as Federer's..

Great pics.......knew he had "other" differences but was not sure exactly which.

As for other pros I was kinda leaving out the top 2 or 3...........Rafa, Masha for sure have custom kicks. But I don't think that guys like Birdy, Delpo, Tomic......are wearing anything other than out of the box retail.

DownTheLineWith90 03-27-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7301662)
Great pics.......knew he had "other" differences but was not sure exactly which.

As for other pros I was kinda leaving out the top 2 or 3...........Rafa, Masha for sure have custom kicks. But I don't think that guys like Birdy, Delpo, Tomic......are wearing anything other than out of the box retail.

the rf logo hahaha
the only retail pair that has the rf sign is the 2012 wimbledon pair.