Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Was Indian Wells Rigged for Nadal?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458217)

Nadalgaenger 03-19-2013 08:25 PM

Was Indian Wells Rigged for Nadal??

I found it interesting how the camera kept showing Larry Ellison ebullient each time Nadal would do something good out there.

And whose hand did Rafa shake first after beating Delpo??? Larry Ellison!!

I suspect that the tycoon may have rigged the tourney so that his man can win and hence augment the prestige of the event.

Thoughts?

kishnabe 03-19-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadalgaenger (Post 7289675)
I found it interesting how the camera kept showing Larry Ellison ebullient each time Nadal would do something good out there.

And whose hand did Rafa shake first after beating Delpo??? Larry Ellison!!

I suspect that the tycoon may have rigged the tourney so that his man can win and hence augment the prestige of the event.

Thoughts?

As much as I hate Nadal....he had the hardest draw even if Federer was a little suspect but Nadal was as well.

Gulbis in the form of his life, Berdych having some decent final runs..with his 3 yearAussie QF Streak. Federer....still gives Rafa tough matches. Del Potro finally getting it together....Rotterdam was proof....and he almost pulled it off.

Forget Mayer and Harrison.....

Not as hard as Murray Miami draw....but I bet Murray draw will implode like it always does.

Nadalgaenger 03-19-2013 08:33 PM

Here is the evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqPigLkjVzg

Nadalgaenger 03-19-2013 08:34 PM

So he was RENTING house from Larry Ellison!! Is there no conflict of interest here???

Talker 03-19-2013 08:42 PM

Looked like he went to Larry before even his own team?

SassyRamirez 03-19-2013 08:44 PM

Courts even slower and higher bouncing than previous years allowing Rafael to pretty much play his clay court game full stop; makes sense that Ellison being the huge Humblito fanboy he is would organize the courts to play this way to favor his boy.

Onehandedbackhand 03-19-2013 08:49 PM

Is it just THAT tough to admit Rafa's an all time great?

Netspirit 03-19-2013 09:00 PM

Ellison is a huge ****, so he would do everything to help him win IW, including, but not limited to, adding insane amount of grit to the courts to make the speed and bounce as clay-like as possible.

He probably cannot "fix" the draw by placing Murray and Djokovic into the other half (or can he?), but he can easily tweak the courts in Nadal's favor and give him whatever schedule he prefers.

vandre 03-19-2013 09:12 PM

did he fly out jeff gillooly or something?

beast of mallorca 03-19-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onehandedbackhand (Post 7289716)

For the Fedfan boys, it's really tough. I bet they'd rather have their teeth pulled without anaesthesia than admit the above............:twisted::twisted:

tennisbuck 03-19-2013 09:38 PM

If he wanted to rig the draw there sure would have been better ways to plan it. And nobody was counting on Djokovic losing to Delpo

Avles 03-19-2013 09:58 PM

Murrayfan31 03-19-2013 10:05 PM

Yes it was.

MichaelNadal 03-20-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onehandedbackhand (Post 7289716)

Lol seriously, its astounding.

Hitman 03-20-2013 04:07 AM

LOL!

Give the man some credit here. An of fire Gulbis, an injured but still defending champion in Federer, an in form Berdych, and Del Potro having one of the best weeks of his career.

Nadal earned his win. Give him the credit for it.

malbaker86 03-20-2013 04:11 AM

cucio 03-20-2013 04:35 AM

Of course it was rigged. As are the courts, his anti-doping controls, and the umpires who don't disqualify him for not hitting a flat ball or not S&V-ing, as he should.

But you know what's worst of all? When Federer was a kid, his trainers were furious nadthards who taught him a OHBH so he would be vulnerable to Rafa's topspin. The outrage makes every objective and intelligent tennis fan's blood boil!

When you get down to it, I guess right now the only way for Rafa to have a non-rigged draw is having to face a well-rested Djokovic at some point. I can't really think of any other combination, can anyone? Which, by the way, I am all for, since that seems to be the ultimate clash these days.

underground 03-20-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7289685)
As much as I hate Nadal....he had the hardest draw even if Federer was a little suspect but Nadal was as well.

Gulbis in the form of his life, Berdych having some decent final runs..with his 3 yearAussie QF Streak. Federer....still gives Rafa tough matches. Del Potro finally getting it together....Rotterdam was proof....and he almost pulled it off.

Not as hard as Murray Miami draw....but I bet Murray draw will implode like it always does.

LOL

Inexperienced Harrison
Walkover Mayer
Gulbis (1 credible opponent)
Injured Federer
Choker Berdych
Tired Del Potro, though playing inspired tennis (2 credible opponent)

So he won 2 matches whose opponent actually gave a proper fight.

crazyups 03-20-2013 12:17 PM

Larry Ellison told Uncle Toni to teach Rafa a left handed forehand so that he could hit high cross court forehands to Roger's backhand

Tennusdude 03-20-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7289685)

How on earth can you say that Nadal had the hardest draw. Nadal has lost plenty of times to Novak and Andy and did not have to play either despite his low seeding. He only had to play against Fed whom he generally beats lately.