Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Technifibre 515 GTX (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458223)

Andyroo10567 03-19-2013 09:44 PM

Technifibre 515 GTX
 
Bought this a while ago off the bay and found it in my mail. Searched it up on Google but no luck. On the back of this packaging, the code is 3/60358. Hoping this would be enough to string up a Prestige Pro. Or would this be more of value to collect rather than to be used? Feels like a Multi.

pvw_tf 03-20-2013 09:50 AM

[quote=Or would this be more of value to collect rather than to be used? Feels like a Multi.[/QUOTE]

I think you can state this string did evolute in NR2 1.32.
Top quality multi string.Strung with the European version of the string for many customers and used the 17 for the longest while until I switched to NR2 1.24


Peter

Andyroo10567 03-20-2013 01:38 PM

Thanks Peter!

esgee48 03-20-2013 05:39 PM

If my creaky memory is correct, I think there was a pre-stretch recommendation with this string. The pre-stretch recommendation was similar to Nat Gut, not stringing machine pre-stretch. Today, I don't think any manufacturer recommend pre-stretching their strings.

FWIW, if you are using a constant pull, it won't need the pre-stretch.

vsbabolat 03-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7289883)
Bought this a while ago off the bay and found it in my mail. Searched it up on Google but no luck. On the back of this packaging, the code is 3/60358. Hoping this would be enough to string up a Prestige Pro. Or would this be more of value to collect rather than to be used? Feels like a Multi.

515 a few years ago changed to TGV. I don't remember what the difference is between 515 and 515 GTX. I used 515 and 416 back in the day.

Andyroo10567 03-20-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7292076)
515 a few years ago changed to TGV. I don't remember what the difference is between 515 and 515 GTX. I used 515 and 416 back in the day.

Ahh i see. Would i be able to string my crosses just fine? Looking to use it as a hybrid.

Andyroo10567 03-20-2013 08:58 PM

Found some labeling on the string which said " TECHNIFIBRE TOURNAMENT ".

pvw_tf 03-21-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7292306)
Found some labeling on the string which said " TECHNIFIBRE TOURNAMENT ".

Tecnifibre used in the states for what ever reason a different "name" as it was using in europe.

In europe the 525 was the tournament and the 625 was the tgv.

Pre stretch is recommended for this string. Just use the string for length and crosses. This was at that time a top quality string.

Peter

Andyroo10567 03-21-2013 04:43 PM

Ok, will make sure to pre-stretch.

NLBwell 03-21-2013 10:18 PM

Yes, at the time it was a (or maybe the) top-quality multi.

ricki 03-22-2013 12:09 AM

I have 4 old packages of Tecnifibre 535 Tournament 1,35mm also wonder if it is similar to some new TF strings


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse