Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Solinco Tour Bite Soft (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458233)

netlets 03-20-2013 05:10 AM

Solinco Tour Bite Soft

Has anyone tried this string yet? I'm interested in what people think about it that use a full bed. I use tour bite 17g at 48lbs (full bed) and wonder if I should give it a try.

SteveI 03-20-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netlets (Post 7290150)
Has anyone tried this string yet? I'm interested in what people think about it that use a full bed. I use tour bite 17g at 48lbs (full bed) and wonder if I should give it a try.

The search function is your best bet here. There are already a few threads with great comments and insights.

tennisaustin 03-20-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netlets (Post 7290150)

You should try at 52lbs or 53lbs. Add 4 to 6 more lbs compare to the original Tour Bite. I love this "soft" version.

Does anybody notice that TW take the "Tour Bite Soft" off the sale list ?
I just jump in to order a reel before it is out of stock.

JDMasFCK 03-20-2013 01:07 PM

If you like the original Tour Bite than you're going to love the "soft" version. I use it at 50LBS on my Prestige IG MP and I like it way more than the original Tour Bite.

parasailing 03-20-2013 07:24 PM

I got a set but haven't figured out what tension to put this on my Graphene Speed Pro.

Is the soft version a more lively version of Tour Bite with more comfort and if so, what tension would you suggest if I originally strung up Tour Bite at 55lbs.

mikeler 03-20-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7292053)
I got a set but haven't figured out what tension to put this on my Graphene Speed Pro.

Is the soft version a more lively version of Tour Bite with more comfort and if so, what tension would you suggest if I originally strung up Tour Bite at 55lbs.

OK, now I have a trusted string reviewer to test this out. I definitely want to hear your thoughts on it. I've got a set at home to try out once my TE decides to leave.

veloduffer 03-21-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7292053)

I use regular TB at 57 (Head Extreme Pro 2.0) and currently trying the Soft at 58. I like it better than regular due to better feel and will try it at 59 lbs. it will still be a bit more lively tan regular TB but not by much at those tensions.

parasailing 03-21-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veloduffer (Post 7293798)
I use regular TB at 57 (Head Extreme Pro 2.0) and currently trying the Soft at 58. I like it better than regular due to better feel and will try it at 59 lbs. it will still be a bit more lively tan regular TB but not by much at those tensions.

I opened up the package today and noticed that it is much softer than the original Tour Bite at the same gauge. You definitely can feel the string twist with ease. Would you say it's significantly softer on the arm at the same tension? I tried the original Tour Bite, love the spin and control you get with it but felt it was a tad stiffer than SPPP.

I hope the soft version retains the benefits of the original Tour Bite and is easier on the arm.

mikeler 03-21-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7294058)
I opened up the package today and noticed that it is much softer than the original Tour Bite at the same gauge. You definitely can feel the string twist with ease. Would you say it's significantly softer on the arm at the same tension? I tried the original Tour Bite, love the spin and control you get with it but felt it was a tad stiffer than SPPP.

I hope the soft version retains the benefits of the original Tour Bite and is easier on the arm.

You are really cornering the market on Solinco playtests! :)

Definitely interested in this one.

The Big Kahuna 03-21-2013 07:50 PM

First review on Stringforum: "Out of the package, this is noticeably lighter and more flexible than the original Tour Bite. Tour Bite Soft is exactly that: a softer version of the original. It still has the spin qualities and high power of the original. Its softer feel will probably appeal to a wider audience. Like most 'spin' strings, I feel it shines for aggressive baseline play; angles are really highlighted. Serving was the only area I had trouble with. Flat serves were fine, but I could never find the range for kick-serves. Compares to MSV Focus-HEX 1.23"

The Big Kahuna 03-21-2013 07:51 PM

Second Review on Sringforum: "I didn't really get along with this string, it was way too dull and stiff. I lacked feel. Sweetspot seemed decreased. In parallel I played the Kirschbaum Black Shark 1.25 strung in another Blade at the same tension. In contrast to the Tour Bite Soft, the Black Shark provided much better comfort. The Tour Bite Soft reminded me of the Alu Power Rough, however it's been a long time since I played the latter. I found this string dull and stiff."

veloduffer 03-21-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

At the same tension, TB Soft is softer than the original. A bit more powerful too.

mikeler 04-13-2013 06:47 PM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...&postcount=775

tennisnut09 04-29-2013 07:04 PM

In your opinion, what tension can bring out the best performance for this string? I am using the new APD. Thanks!

mikeler 04-30-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisnut09 (Post 7377068)
In your opinion, what tension can bring out the best performance for this string? I am using the new APD. Thanks!

This string is so soft, I would not go below 50.

sovertennis 04-30-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

You guys are stringing TB way too tight. I used it in my Extreme Pros for two years (after using SPPP for three years before that), gradually working the tension down to 44--that's where, for me, it played at its best. I use it at 48 in the Speed MP because that frame is more flexible than the Extreme Pro.

Re: TB Soft--I've used it and like it better than regular TB. It doesn't have the same pop, but it's more comfortable and with better feel. When my reel of reg TB runs out, I'll probably go to TB Soft in 16g.

JonnyAbs 04-30-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovertennis (Post 7378431)
You guys are stringing TB way too tight. I used it in my Extreme Pros for two years (after using SPPP for three years before that), gradually working the tension down to 44--that's where, for me, it played at its best. I use it at 48 in the Speed MP because that frame is more flexible than the Extreme Pro.

Re: TB Soft--I've used it and like it better than regular TB. It doesn't have the same pop, but it's more comfortable and with better feel. When my reel of reg TB runs out, I'll probably go to TB Soft in 16g.

That doesn't make sense to me. A softer string would have more pop than a firm string. I.E., TB soft should be more powerful than regular TB, right?

sovertennis 05-01-2013 06:36 AM

^^^^^^^
That was not my experience. The TB Soft seemed to absorb the ball more the reg TB, albeit minimally.

parasailing 05-02-2013 11:24 PM

I have never strung a poly below 50lbs but I guess Tour Bite is an exception.

Rob1 05-04-2013 05:21 PM

Try Tour Bite 19 at a 51-55 tension.
It is very easy on the arm and has great spin.