Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sizing between Courtballistec 4.3 and Barricade 7 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458381)

tdhawks 03-21-2013 11:50 AM

Sizing between Courtballistec 4.3 and Barricade 7

Does anyone use both pairs and can you compare sizing between the two? Did you get the same size or one larger/smaller than the other? Doesn't Nike run a little larger?

I currently use the Barricade 7 and wear a size 12. I ordered another pair off closeout and they feel a lot bigger than the current pair I have. There is a lot of heel movement in the new pair. Granted, I have only worn them around the house but I'm affraid to test them and not be able to send them back.

I tried on the Courtballistec at a local shop a half size smaller, they didn't have my normal size in stock. They feel a lot more snug in the toe box than the Barricades, but I think they would break in and fit better in a half size smaller than the Barricade.

Any thoughts?

Shift 03-21-2013 10:36 PM

I have used both of the shoes (Barricade 7s being size 6.5, and the Courtballistecs I use now being size 8.) and have noticed small differences. The courtballistecs seem to run narrower than barricades. The arch-support is also a bit different, but thats nothing a little breaking in can't fix. Hope this helps you, as I'm not really an expert, just a high school player :D

NJ1 03-22-2013 10:09 AM

I wear a US 12 (Euro 11.5) in the Adidas Barricade 7, and a US 11.5 (Euro 10.5) in the CB 4.3.

Herdsman76 03-22-2013 11:18 AM

It shouldn't be too surprising at the varying responses you get. As for me, I wear the Barricade 7's for my tournament matches and seldom deviate. I wear size 8 with 2 pair of socks and they fit me like a glove. So much so, I never have any problems or the dreaded blisters.

I also have a pair of the Courtballistecs that I bought on clearance. I had always heard they were tight so I took the chance and ordered the 8 1/2. Even a half size "bigger" was pretty tight with very thin socks. I wore them for a practice match and had no problems but they have been regulated to being a casual shoe. If they offered them in a "wide" model, I"d certainly be more interested.

My take on this is that Nike has made their shoes narrower over the past few years which lead me to switch to Adidas for competitive play...

Not sure if this opinion helps but it's how my experience has been...

thefederman 03-22-2013 11:19 AM

i wear one pair of socks. I am a 9 in 4.3 and vapor 9's but an 8.5 in barricade 7

3fees 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

B7 only 1/2 size larger than big toe is common sense, unless you want your toes jammed in the front of the shoes while doing split steps and full stops from a run. your all welcome in advance.