Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Which six one 95 is the lowest powered? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458492)

DonDiego 03-22-2013 12:51 PM

Which six one 95 is the lowest powered?
 
We're talking ncode, kfactor, BLX and amplifeel.

I only tried BLX and Amplifeel, and I find the amplifeel has more power. I find it harder to control the dept of my shots.

From what I heard, the nCode would be the winner. Do you agree?

DonDiego 03-22-2013 12:56 PM

I'm mostly interested in the 16x18 pattern versions.

tlm 03-22-2013 01:50 PM

I just switched to the 2012 six one 95 team and it has better control than any of the others I have tried.

DonDiego 03-22-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlm (Post 7295800)
I just switched to the 2012 six one 95 team and it has better control than any of the others I have tried.

I agree in part. It has very good ''directional control'' - maybe the best of all models. But I find it easier to keep the ball in play - especially on approach shots - with the BLX, which I find lower-powered. This being said, it could only be a matter of getting used to the new frame.

DonDiego 03-22-2013 02:14 PM

Oh... I just realized you're talking about the Team, a very different racquet.

redbirdone 03-22-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7295847)
Oh... I just realized you're talking about the Team, a very different racquet.

Yes, very very different. Kinda like Ford trucks and comparing a Ranger with an F-150...

I have played with the K6.1, BLX 6.1 (black and red frame) and the current amplifeel 6.1. All within the last few weeks. I find that there is not much difference between the K6.1 and the BLX, I could probably use them interchangeably. The amplifeel model just feels different. I realized that you don't think you hit the ball as hard because of the frame, when it fact you did. The feedback is different, but I think the power is pretty much the same, make sense? For the record, all three were played with Prince Premier Attack 17 at 55lbs, and I replaced the stock grips with Babolat skin feel.

My preference is the K6.1, mostly because I've used them on and off for a long time.

realplayer 03-22-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7295687)
We're talking ncode, kfactor, BLX and amplifeel.

I only tried BLX and Amplifeel, and I find the amplifeel has more power. I find it harder to control the dept of my shots.

From what I heard, the nCode would be the winner. Do you agree?

The one with the highest swingweight and highest flex has the most power and with the quality control of Wilson that could be anybody's guess. The amplifeel has nothing to do with power.

tlm 03-22-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realplayer (Post 7296273)
The one with the highest swingweight and highest flex has the most power and with the quality control of Wilson that could be anybody's guess. The amplifeel has nothing to do with power.

The stiffer the racket the more power it will have.

tlm 03-22-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbirdone (Post 7296234)
Yes, very very different. Kinda like Ford trucks and comparing a Ranger with an F-150...

I have played with the K6.1, BLX 6.1 (black and red frame) and the current amplifeel 6.1. All within the last few weeks. I find that there is not much difference between the K6.1 and the BLX, I could probably use them interchangeably. The amplifeel model just feels different. I realized that you don't think you hit the ball as hard because of the frame, when it fact you did. The feedback is different, but I think the power is pretty much the same, make sense? For the record, all three were played with Prince Premier Attack 17 at 55lbs, and I replaced the stock grips with Babolat skin feel.

My preference is the K6.1, mostly because I've used them on and off for a long time.

I have tried all of the 95's and the team is lighter but it has much better control than the heavier versions. I used to own the k6.1 95 and that racket with your string job would be way to powerful for me, I used to use that racket with full poly strung tight.

anubis 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

Unfortunately the TW learning center no longer keeps data on the ncode and kfactor versions. However, the BLX six one 95 is extremely low powered. So much so that if you were looking for something that was even more low powered than that, it begs the question: why are you looking for such low power? Do you have difficulty keeping the ball in play? It really doesn't get much lower than that.

I would stick with the blx six one 95, since it's in current production and easier to get multiple copies of it (and matched for weight and balance). you'll be hard pressed to find 2 or 3 ncodes or k-factors that are better than a 7/10 in condition, let alone get them with similar specs.

And, I'd also recommend stringing it up with full bed of poly @ 56 lbs. You can pretty much swing for the fences and keep it in play, no problem.

If you have to go syn gut, I wouldn't string less than 64 lbs.

tlm 03-22-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis (Post 7296483)
Unfortunately the TW learning center no longer keeps data on the ncode and kfactor versions. However, the BLX six one 95 is extremely low powered. So much so that if you were looking for something that was even more low powered than that, it begs the question: why are you looking for such low power? Do you have difficulty keeping the ball in play? It really doesn't get much lower than that.

I would stick with the blx six one 95, since it's in current production and easier to get multiple copies of it (and matched for weight and balance). you'll be hard pressed to find 2 or 3 ncodes or k-factors that are better than a 7/10 in condition, let alone get them with similar specs.

And, I'd also recommend stringing it up with full bed of poly @ 56 lbs. You can pretty much swing for the fences and keep it in play, no problem.

If you have to go syn gut, I wouldn't string less than 64 lbs.

I have purchased and demoed a lot of rackets in the last few years and by no means is the blx six one 95 extremely low powered, not even close.

DonDiego 03-22-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis (Post 7296483)
Unfortunately the TW learning center no longer keeps data on the ncode and kfactor versions. However, the BLX six one 95 is extremely low powered. So much so that if you were looking for something that was even more low powered than that, it begs the question: why are you looking for such low power? Do you have difficulty keeping the ball in play? It really doesn't get much lower than that.

Thanks Anubis. In fact, I find the power of the BLX to be just what I need. I asked about the ncode just to know if it was the same power or lower than the BLX.

This being said, the BLX is far from being ''extremely lowpowered''. Maybe low-powered compared to other iterations of the six one 95, but surely not compared to other racquets in general.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis (Post 7296483)
And, I'd also recommend stringing it up with full bed of poly @ 56 lbs. You can pretty much swing for the fences and keep it in play, no problem.

That's what I tought too. But I tried RPM Blast (a poly) at 58 and found it a bit too powerful for my game. I much prefer the setup as described in my signature. I believe the ''control'' often associated with polys is a bit overrated. Some of them are powerful strings, more so than many multis.

DonDiego 03-22-2013 09:36 PM

...And the BLX is not in current production (the Amplifeel is). It's already getting hard to get your hands on a well-preserved BLX. But it's not a problem for me, I have three of them.

tlm 03-23-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7296587)
Thanks Anubis. In fact, I find the power of the BLX to be just what I need. I asked about the ncode just to know if it was the same power or lower than the BLX.

This being said, the BLX is far from being ''extremely lowpowered''. Maybe low-powered compared to other iterations of the six one 95, but surely not compared to other racquets in general.



That's what I tought too. But I tried RPM Blast (a poly) at 58 and found it a bit too powerful for my game. I much prefer the setup as described in my signature. I believe the ''control'' often associated with polys is a bit overrated. Some of them are powerful strings, more so than many multis.

Very good points and yes I agree 100% that the blx 95 is far from being low powered. You are also correct on all this talk about poly being so low powered when actually like you have found they can be more powerful than a multi string.

I have found that I need to string some of the poly strings tighter than I would a multi to get the control that I like, just the opposite of what many claim.

spinovic 03-23-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlm (Post 7296489)
I have purchased and demoed a lot of rackets in the last few years and by no means is the blx six one 95 extremely low powered, not even close.

I couldn't agree more. I haven't tried the 18x20, but I did try the 16x18 and I found it to have a lot of power. It was comparable to the XPro 2.0 that I ultimately chose to buy.

The Pro Staff 95 might be low powered, but the BLX 6.1 95 16x18 is anything but.

tlm 03-23-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinovic (Post 7298423)
I couldn't agree more. I haven't tried the 18x20, but I did try the 16x18 and I found it to have a lot of power. It was comparable to the XPro 2.0 that I ultimately chose to buy.

The Pro Staff 95 might be low powered, but the BLX 6.1 95 16x18 is anything but.

The pro staff 95 is a little less powerful than the blx 6.1 95 but not by enough for me to use it, I really wanted to go with it but not enough control for my game.

UCSF2012 03-23-2013 07:36 PM

They're all similar in power, but generally the older the version the more powerful by a hair. (The 6.1 95 Classic is the most powerful of them all, due to the sheer mass.) You adjust power level by choosing strings. For example, Pro Line II for power and Pro Line X for lower power.

Whether the 6.1 95 is a "low power" frame depends on your own physical strength. For scrawny men, it's low powered. For a body builder, it's tremendously powerful. You choose a racket based on how much power YOU need, and only you know your own strength.

mcnota 03-24-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis (Post 7296483)
the BLX six one 95 is extremely low powered.

I disagree, with a little lead at 12 these rackets are extremely powerful, i hit bigger with this racket (18x20) than a pure drive, seriously

spinovic 03-25-2013 11:45 AM

I really liked the 6.1 95 16x18. I could have easily bought that racquet and been satisfied with it as my stick of choice.

I just liked the Extreme Pro 2.0 a little better.

DonDiego 03-25-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinovic (Post 7302018)
I really liked the 6.1 95 16x18. I could have easily bought that racquet and been satisfied with it as my stick of choice.

I just liked the Extreme Pro 2.0 a little better.

Which six one? the 2010 or 2012 model?

True, the Extreme Pro 2.0, while being different in many instances, is an easy transition from the Six one.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse