Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   wilson blade 98 (16x19), less stiff one? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458547)

Dasol 03-23-2013 10:38 AM

wilson blade 98 (16x19), less stiff one?

Hi,

I demoed the blade 16X19 today, and I really liked it! Very solid, stable, and crisp, and also very fast to swing!

Maybe it is just for me, but after two sets, I felt slight wrist pain. So I switched to the PDR 12, and strangely the PDR 12 felt less stiff than the Blade...

Both of them were strung by multi, and I liked everthing from the Blade but it felt a little too stiff for me.

Could you guys recommend a frame which plays like the Blade (solid, stable, crisp) but less stiff?

Thank you in advance!

Power Player 03-23-2013 10:50 AM

Nothing does at that weight. If you wanted to add lead, the Babolat Pure Storm Team is close. I got it to play like the Blade at 336 grams.

The blade flexes in the throat. But the hoop is stiff. So mishits will bother your arm (potentially).

If you can handle 18x20, the new Blade 18x20 may be softer according to the TWU frequency charts.

Ross K 03-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasol (Post 7297473)
Hi,

I demoed the blade 16X19 today, and I really liked it! Very solid, stable, and crisp, and also very fast to swing!

Maybe it is just for me, but after two sets, I felt slight wrist pain. So I switched to the PDR 12, and strangely the PDR 12 felt less stiff than the Blade...

Both of them were strung by multi, and I liked everthing from the Blade but it felt a little too stiff for me.

Could you guys recommend a frame which plays like the Blade (solid, stable, crisp) but less stiff?

Thank you in advance!

Hmm, interesting. Can't say I personally find the 16x19 to be stiff per se (and that's with full Tour Bite as well.) Is it possibly more a case of the particular balance and weighting I wonder? Also, haven't played the PDR 12, but if it's anything like the PD 12 which I found to be near on unplayable due to the awful arm-juddering harshness, well, that surprises me.

highgeer 03-23-2013 04:32 PM

Donnay Pro One 16x19 It does not swing as fast, but it is close. It is about 11.4 strung, 4 pts. HL, very stable etc.

Mike

JackB1 03-23-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasol (Post 7297473)
Hi,

Thank you in advance!

I have 3 very good alternatives that are softer feeling...

1) Head IG Youtek Radical Pro
2) Donnay Pro One 97 16x19
3) Dunlop Biomimetic Maxx 200 G