Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   All hell broke loose @ Tecnifibre factory (3 unmatched TFights 295) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458617)

THESEXPISTOL 03-24-2013 05:15 AM

All hell broke loose @ Tecnifibre factory (3 unmatched TFights 295)

Hi there guys. Found an online ad with three cheap TFights 295. As i pursued this racquet when the model was announced, so i couldn't help myself and got them. They were pretty cheap thought, i got these three used for the price of half the cost of a new racquet.
I was terrorized when i weighted them, just to see the difference between them... I'm no usually very picky about this, because i never had problems with QC on my POG mids, my AG200 and when i did a customization for two HMPP of a friend they were actually perfect twins, and they were bought on different stores at different times.

But here we go:

I weighted them without the replacement grip and i got the same results. The three grips are exactly matched, and they weight 15g each.

They were weighted with the replacement grip ON!
Racquet A weights: 298g
Racquet B weights: 296g
Racquet C weights: 293g

It doesn't seem that much, but where i measured their balance i was in for a surprise.

Can any expert tell how can i match them in weight and balance? Leadtape is ok but i would rather not fiddle with silicone.

mcnota 03-24-2013 05:52 AM

I know how you feel, got 2 blx 95's and the balance is out by 1.5cm

lead under the hoop to match the most 'headheavy' frame would be your best bet

maybe some cotton and lead in the handle if you need it

insiderman 03-24-2013 06:07 AM

As they say; "you get what you pay for..."

THESEXPISTOL 03-24-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insiderman (Post 7299117)
As they say; "you get what you pay for..."

I know how much capitalist americans (just implying facts here) love that quote...
But the guy who sold them to me paid 180€ for each new.

SFrazeur 03-24-2013 06:18 AM

Wilson users can only pray for such a closely matching set.

-SF

Hidious 03-24-2013 06:24 AM

It's not that bad, is it?

_skunk_ 03-24-2013 06:38 AM

5 grams from racket A to racket C, I would not complain, little bit of lead and you have the rackets matched perfectly.

THESEXPISTOL 03-24-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidious (Post 7299144)
It's not that bad, is it?

I'm used to get all of my racquets matched. Got two AG200 in Europe and three more from US and the difference between all of them was 1g!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 7299131)
Wilson users can only pray for such a closely matching set.

Thank god i'm not into Wilson. I once was offered two new K98 and both of them broke while playing with them. One on the throat and the other at 7 o'clock.

Lefty78 03-24-2013 07:28 AM

I recently got a pair of 320's...

The weights were 2 grams apart
Balance was off .8cm
Unstrung SWs were A=292, B=307!!!!!!!

jjs891 03-24-2013 07:38 AM

I don't think it's too difficult to match the wt and balance for those 3 racquets. Swing weight matching ia another story though.

maxpotapov 03-24-2013 08:04 AM

It's funny how you put a pencil under the laptop and heavy bottle of water on top of it :)
I'm sure you will find your way around racquet balancing problem ;)

THESEXPISTOL 03-24-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpotapov (Post 7299290)
It's funny how you put a pencil under the laptop and heavy bottle of water on top of it :)

LMAO, it was the first thing that occurred me, i don't to be a physicist to that.
Gonna ask for help from this 4:

Huppe 03-24-2013 09:08 AM

I feel your pain

I don't know if this should make you feel better (yours are closer than mine were) or worse (Tecnifibre won't care about your dilemma), but when they came out, having used several of the previous two generations of racquets, I tried the 320 V02 Max and even though it was lighter than racquets I usually use, I loved it. Best I have played with a racquet to this day. Bought another one and just could not hit the same. It turned out I loved the first, perhaps, because it was 324 grams, not 320. The second one: 315. That's a noticeable swing, and coming from the tighter controlled earlier models and even tighter Fischers, I could never get used it, and it didn't play the same to me even when matched with lead. I finally sold the light one, bought a 325, hit almost as well with it, and then just finally sold the one I loved.

I tried to get help from Tecnifibre while the racquet was still essentialy new, letting them know I owned and played the original 325, the 320, the 335, etc., and they said hey, the control is +/- 5 grams, and both are within control, so tough luck.

Almost ashamed to say I still play the 325 V02 (I tried to switch out of spite originally but still liked it best), but have been shopping recently for something else.

I hope the lead matching works for you, which it might given your difference is a little less severe.

I just played with the Tennis Warehouse tools to add 9 grams and end up with the same balance to make the adjustment, but I suspect the problem for me was the swingweights were never the same.

Good luck with your matching!

pvw_tf 03-24-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THESEXPISTOL (Post 7299044)
Racquet A weights: 298g
Racquet B weights: 296g
Racquet C weights: 293g

It doesn't seem that much, but where i measured their balance i was in for a surprise.

On babolat rackets they display the weight as 320gr +/- 7 and Balance 320mm +/- 7.

You do not state the balance difference but there will a 2 to 3% tolerance on weight and balance for each racket out there (So in your case the weight is actually pretty close to the 295). So if you want them the same you have to get your rackets out of a big pile of rackets and sort out the one which are the close to the same.

Snauweart had in the past on the weight and balance on the racket. So 345 Grams 310 balance. There will always be a tolerance, because 347 will fall in the 345 and 348 will be 350.

But it is clear that a racket weighting at the lower range will play different than the one on the high range.

Peter

Arthuro 03-24-2013 10:17 AM

This is not an impossible or actually that severe difference. These can be easily matched. In order for us to give you the correct lead placements, we need some information:

Weights: (which you have provided)
Swing weight for each;
Balance for each.

If we have these three variables for each racquet we can help you match them.

Best,

Arthuro.

Relinquis 03-24-2013 01:01 PM

lead tape is probably your best bet to match the three as you'll only need a few grams and are not adding a significant amount of weight. I prefer adding it on the pallet under the leather grip or at 3&9 o'clock/12 o'clock as appropriate.

These two links will help you figure out where to put the lead and how much to use.

racquet customisation:
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/lear...tomization.php

customisation reverse engineering worksheet:
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/lear...ionReverse.php

Torres 03-24-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THESEXPISTOL (Post 7299044)
Can any expert tell how can i match them in weight and balance? Leadtape is ok but i would rather not fiddle with silicone.

Surely, you need to string them all up and go hit with them before deciding which of A,B, or C you prefer in terms of the way it plays. Then you can go about matching the other two to the racquet that you prefer.

SFrazeur 03-24-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7300033)
Surely, you need to string them all up and go hit with them before deciding which of A,B, or C you prefer in terms of the way it plays. Then you can go about matching the other two to the racquet that you prefer.

Depending on the swing weight, balance and weight combinations he may not have a choice but to match to the most common point.

-SF

luishcorreia 03-24-2013 02:05 PM

Well... I do not think that its an overwhelming difference. At all. Are they strung with the same string and gauge? I would say its actually very close...

Torres 03-24-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 7300045)
Depending on the swing weight, balance and weight combinations he may not have a choice but to match to the most common point.

-SF

True, but he won't know what that reference point might be until he strings them all up and plays with each of them. Unless of course he just wants 3 matched racquets.