Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Yonex VCORE Xi Team Plus (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458624)

A_Instead 03-24-2013 07:04 AM

Yonex VCORE Xi Team Plus

Not many racquets with these specs.... and I like what I see
98 and 27.5 WOW
A tad light but that could be fixed rather easily.
Anyone hit with this one yet..??

BC1 03-24-2013 07:19 AM

Haven't hit with it. But when I ordered the vcore Xi 98 I came very close to ordering the team instead. I agree specs look good. In hindsight I wish i would have tried it.

Great price too!!

tistrapukcipeht 03-24-2013 07:26 AM

I have an Xi Team Plus for doubles, great racquet for it, too much topspin actually, my Twist serves are sick with that racquet.

A_Instead 03-24-2013 09:58 AM

There is never to much spin... just ask the newly converts to the Steam 99s.
I am going demoing next weekend, Hope they have this one avialable for demo..

scotus 03-24-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Instead (Post 7299405)

Report back with a review, please.

tistrapukcipeht 03-25-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Instead (Post 7299405)

You'll see it if you play singles, the pattern is very open, the balls kick very high, and this was the team plus, I can only wonder what the regular does.

But that much of topspin and kick produce a heavy ball, but on flat shots is not very accurate, but super maneuverable at the net and great for kick serves, I also use the stiffer yonex string , poly tour hs to give me a little more control and firmness.

ttwarrior1 04-24-2013 10:14 PM

anyone else tried this racket, nobody has a review on it anywhere it seems and no feedback . Looks interesting to try at least

Bartelby 04-24-2013 10:47 PM

Looks like a descendant of the RQ 7 that I liked.

couch 09-08-2013 02:10 PM

Hate to bump this thread but I just ordered one of these on a whim. I've been looking for a successor to my beloved Volkl Tour 8 and haven't been able to find one. I have been hitting this summer with a PD+ but just don't like the thickness of the beam.

This Yonex is very similar spec-wise to my Tour 8s so I'm hoping for the best. There aren't many thinner-beamed extended racquets out there. I'll try and post a review after I've hit with it.

Anyone else playing this stick or have feedback?

JackB1 09-20-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couch (Post 7738616)
Hate to bump this thread but I just ordered one of these on a whim. I've been looking for a successor to my beloved Volkl Tour 8 and haven't been able to find one. I have been hitting this summer with a PD+ but just don't like the thickness of the beam.

This Yonex is very similar spec-wise to my Tour 8s so I'm hoping for the best. There aren't many thinner-beamed extended racquets out there. I'll try and post a review after I've hit with it.

I know of 2:
Wilson Blade 104
Becker NYC

couch 09-20-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7769766)
I know of 2:
Wilson Blade 104
Becker NYC

Blade is way too flexible, at leadt for me, and the NYC has a weird feeling throat. Just didn't like it.

Hit with the Yonex and it is similar to my old Tour 8. Need to hit with it more and test out some different string set ups.