Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   pressure point - 1hbh (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458628)

luvforty 03-24-2013 06:25 AM

pressure point - 1hbh

used to have the middle and ring fingers receiving the pressure... but have changed that to what Oscar Wegner's teaching..

it's good now.... whenever the put up or shut up guy posts his video, I will post one of my own.

also, I will not reveal the secret here, so that Arche3 will continue hitting his flawed 1hbh.

arche3 03-24-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7299146)
used to have the middle and ring fingers receiving the pressure... but have changed that to what Oscar Wegner's teaching..

it's good now.... whenever the put up or shut up guy posts his video, I will post one of my own.

also, I will not reveal the secret here, so that Arche3 will continue hitting his flawed 1hbh.

I actually took a bunch of tennis lessons last couple years. Rebuilt my BH and my serve. Consistent over 100mph flats. Serious kick. Hola! It cost me about 8k. But was worth it to pwn old hacks.

Serve took 2 years to rebuild. BH only a year.

Oh and the pressure point is the heel pad on the base of thumb. For an eastern 1hbh, on bevel 8. I prefer pistol grip because of the leverage.

luvforty 03-24-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 7299478)
I actually took a bunch of tennis lessons last couple years. Rebuilt my BH and my serve. Consistent over 100mph flats. Serious kick. Hola! It cost me about 8k. But was worth it to pwn old hacks.

Serve took 2 years to rebuild. BH only a year.

Oh and the pressure point is the heel pad on the base of thumb. For an eastern 1hbh, on bevel 8. I prefer pistol grip because of the leverage.

show your stuff.

base of thumb on bevel 8... hm... I don't know man.

arche3 03-24-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7299891)
show your stuff.

base of thumb on bevel 8... hm... I don't know man.

Not the thumb. The pad of the hand. Like federer.

luvforty 03-24-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 7299922)
Not the thumb. The pad of the hand. Like federer.

i know - heel pad.... you sure that's what fed does?

luvforty 03-24-2013 12:57 PM

and bevel 8? that sounds like a slice.

arche3 03-24-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7299979)
and bevel 8? that sounds like a slice.

Hard to write. The thumb pad is on 7. Behind the shot. The pad under the pinky towards the wrist is on 8. Its all at an angle so it all sits behind the stroke with a lot of leverage. You break the wrist and keep it in that position through the stroke, I basically had a pro teach me the fed BH. The index knuckle is on top. Bevel 1. Eastern 1hbh. The racket getting into the power position opens a bit to the sky and closes through the stroke. Watch a fed video, hard to explain. It was very difficult to retrain my BH.

tennis_balla 03-24-2013 01:26 PM

arche, I think we're gonna need a scientific formula to be presented and some sort of chart as well as photos of your racket and arm with random angle measurements.

luvforty 03-24-2013 01:29 PM

ok, so push forward on 7, push DOWN on 8, where is the UP part coming from? it's a low to high stroke.

balla - quiet.

arche3 03-24-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7300068)
ok, so push forward on 7, push DOWN on 8, where is the UP part coming from? it's a low to high stroke.

balla - quiet.

I don't know. I just hit a whole bunch of balls, for a year. With a teaching pro. The racket head from the power position is low then finishes high. All these questions don't really describe the feel of the stroke,

arche3 03-24-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7300062)
arche, I think we're gonna need a scientific formula to be presented and some sort of chart as well as photos of your racket and arm with random angle measurements.

Lol. I know. One thing I did realise is the size of a persons hand probably determines how much of a hammer grip you can use in the 1hbh. I had to use more pistol because of the lack of racket head control if I used a hammer type grip.

luvforty 03-24-2013 01:46 PM

show your stuff arche... whats' the hold up?

arche3 03-24-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7300123)
show your stuff arche... whats' the hold up?

Remember my thing about asians and tennis videos?

sureshs 03-24-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7299146)

What is he teaching and where did you find it?

luvforty 03-24-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7300158)
What is he teaching and where did you find it?

Saw him talking about the pressure points for fh and 1hbh. Can't find it now. But basically it is the base of the thumb on bevel 6

So. 8k and a year later. Arche bh is still flawed

arche3 03-24-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7300354)
Saw him talking about the pressure points for fh and 1hbh. Can't find it now. But basically it is the base of the thumb on bevel 6

So. 8k and a year later. Arche bh is still flawed

I believe Oscar is describing the guga BH. I dont like it like that. It can work. If you hit like guga. The fed BH is much nicer.

luvforty 03-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 7300421)
I believe Oscar is describing the guga BH. I dont like it like that. It can work. If you hit like guga. The fed BH is much nicer.

make-believe fed bh?

impossible to hit like fed without pressure on bevels 4/5/6

edit - i can see arche now taking shadow swings in his living room to feel the pressure lol

arche3 03-24-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7300446)
make-believe fed bh?

impossible to hit like fed without pressure on bevels 4/5/6

edit - i can see arche now taking shadow swings in his living room to feel the pressure lol

Your an idiot. You stated the hand position of thumb pad on 6. Fed does not have it that extreme.

It is almost impossible to talk technique with you. Your so uninformed it makes me want to stab my eye with a pen.

luvforty 03-24-2013 04:28 PM

sigh - people dropping f bombs and i bomb when they have nowhere else to go.

so you can lift the racket head without pressure on b4/5/6... are you an octopus?

arche3 03-24-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvforty (Post 7300511)
sigh - people dropping f bombs and i bomb when they have nowhere else to go.

so you can lift the racket head without pressure on b4/5/6... are you an octopus?

Hand position has nothing to do with pressure, you said hand position. Please be more accurate if your discussing technique.

If you really want to have a discussion which I assumed you did stop trolling. Otherwise I'll leave your trolling to yourself.