Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any advice on hiring Priority 1? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458753)

Michaellearningtennis 03-25-2013 11:13 AM

Any advice on hiring Priority 1?

Hello... I have been trying for about 3 weeks to get a response from P1 tennis about getting my racquets customized. Intermediate-adv player ... But serious. Want to get the silver service... Mainly for grip customization. They mention on their website that they handle amateurs so I am a bit frustrated. I am sure they're very busy etc.... But wanted to know about what their timeframe is or anyone has used P1 .. .really want to hire them but might have to go to a competitor:((. Thanks!

Doubles 03-25-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaellearningtennis (Post 7301921)
Hello... I have been trying for about 3 weeks to get a response from P1 tennis about getting my racquets customized. Intermediate-adv player ... But serious. Want to get the silver service... Mainly for grip customization. They mention on their website that they handle amateurs so I am a bit frustrated. I am sure they're very busy etc.... But wanted to know about what their timeframe is or anyone has used P1 .. .really want to hire them but might have to go to a competitor:((. Thanks!

They're likely not at their office as IW just happened, and there's a good chance some of them are down in Miami stringing for their clients.

sureshs 03-25-2013 11:22 AM

Send email to the poster drakulie. He is in Miami stringing for P1.

Tell him sureshs sent you

jeroenn 03-25-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaellearningtennis (Post 7301921)

Same experience here, although I asked a few months ago, and then again a month or so ago. I wanted to get a bunch of pro stocks matched (bronze service).

Michaellearningtennis 03-25-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks

I am confused what email should I use to get in touch with them suresh! Thanks

sureshs 03-25-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaellearningtennis (Post 7301995)
I am confused what email should I use to get in touch with them suresh! Thanks

Search and find a post by him. then click on the profile and send email through that

Seth 03-25-2013 12:22 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Also, pretty sure I saw Ron Yu cruising the grounds in Miami. He was carrying a P1 racquet bag.

Relinquis 03-25-2013 01:58 PM

why not call their offices? i'm sure the phone number is listed.

cluckcluck 03-25-2013 02:06 PM

Try RPNY who do the same thing.

sureshs 03-25-2013 02:10 PM

That is a good suggestion. Try RPNY and Bosworth too.

Also, if you post in the Racket section, you might find a poster willing to do it for at a low cost.

YesTennis 03-25-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 7302164)

Also, pretty sure I saw Ron Yu cruising the grounds in Miami. He was carrying a P1 racquet bag.

You're correct. I also saw him with the P1 racquet bag.

drakulie 03-25-2013 05:07 PM

Michael, I passed your message to Ron Yu of P1. They've been very busy but he says once he gets the chance, he will get in touch with you.

sureshs 03-25-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 7302164)

The new version is "A fool and his money are soon partying."

What is the difference between a club player getting his frame customized vs one who buys Angell/Vantage frames with his own specs? Or a club player who does any kind of lead tape work himself? You can always argue that this is not going to help him. But same is true for someone who buys a new frame when he has a perfectly good old frame.

Same for many other hobbies.

Seth 03-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7303367)
The new version is "A fool and his money are soon partying."

What is the difference between a club player getting his frame customized vs one who buys Angell/Vantage frames with his own specs? Or a club player who does any kind of lead tape work himself? You can always argue that this is not going to help him. But same is true for someone who buys a new frame when he has a perfectly good old frame.

Same for many other hobbies.

Valid points. My apologies for coming off as a jackass.

Michaellearningtennis 03-25-2013 07:46 PM

[quote=sureshs;7303367]The new version is "A fool and his money are soon partying."

Same for many other hobbies.[/QUOTE

Thx sureshs!

Michaellearningtennis 03-25-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7303201)
Michael, I passed your message to Ron Yu of P1. They've been very busy but he says once he gets the chance, he will get in touch with you.

I greatly GREATLY appreciate it. I am dead serious, excited. Thank you so much for reaching out to him -- then reaching out to me. Class act. Thanks vey much.

Michaellearningtennis 03-25-2013 08:00 PM

Thanks

Drakulie you have one hell of a YouTube resume.... Awesome .. And sureshs thanks for everything .... Look forward to hearing from P1 ...

arche3 03-25-2013 08:24 PM

How wrong would it be to get the gold service for a USTA player and have a p1 guy with you at all USTA matches? Would the other players make fun of you? Or is this goat?

onehandbh 03-25-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 7303564)
How wrong would it be to get the gold service for a USTA player and have a p1 guy with you at all USTA matches? Would the other players make fun of you? Or is this goat?

True goats bring the following:
- team of fashion model ball girls
- masseuse for changeovers
- p-diddy style umbrella holder that runs around behind
you during the points while wearing a white suit & dress shoes
- towel girl.
- high speed camera team for line disputes.

mmk 03-26-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 7303564)

3.0, right?