Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Neos 1500, Alpha Apex Plus or Stringway MS200 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458823)

chuckd007 03-26-2013 01:31 AM

Neos 1500, Alpha Apex Plus or Stringway MS200

I'm ready to pull the trigger but information overload has disturbed my sleeping once again. I'm a long time stringer of 22 years who has been stringing on a 2 pt setup for a long time. A couple of things have happened lately that requires me to get another machine and possibly upgrade to a much higher quality unit.

I live in a town of 28,000 and my stinging business has seen an increase to a few racquets a week. Speed is not a huge issue but ease of use seems to be at the top. I've done thorough research and I have narrowed it down to 3, possibly 4 choices.

Neos 1500--If going with 2 pt, this is the mchine I would get
Alpha Apex Plus--Great clamping system but not impressed with the 360 rotational design
Stringway MS200--Constant Pull (Accuracy), Foot lever, Single action T92 clamps, 10 year warranty and it looks fantastic. Cons--Roughly $300 more and availability.

Lastly, there is a gentlemen about 6 hours away selling a Gamma 6500 ELS that is 10 years old that he has string very little on and seems to be in great shape that I could get for $750-pickup only.

Any help would be great.

Irvin 03-26-2013 02:18 AM

You should be very capable of answering your own questio. Determine what features you want ant get the one that suits you wants and needs.

chuckd007 03-26-2013 02:21 AM

I'm leaning towards the Stringway but the extra $300 is a bit hard to swallow.

domosborn 03-26-2013 05:26 AM

As many people have echoed time and time again, the NEOS is rock solid, always has been, most likely always will be, also super easy to stick a wise on if you ever feel the need

bbulla 03-26-2013 05:55 AM

I've got the table-top Stringway with the single action clamps. I love it, but here are my beefs:

1. Difficulty clamping the top/bottom crosses on some racquets. It's because of the design of the racquet mounting system that prevents the clamps from being able to clamp the string. So you have to double-pull the top/bottom crosses sometimes.

2. You cannot clamp the first right main with the left clamp and vice versa. Not a huge problem, but a minor annoyance.

3. The tension head can be far away from the racquet sometimes, so make sure you pull plenty of string if you don't want to use a bridge for the last few mains/crosses.

4. It is a bit slow to use, so if you are doing lots of racquets that might be an issue.

5. Racquet mounting is a bit of a pain, but again just a minor annoyance.

I probably wouldn't buy one again, but at the same time it will last me forever and will never have any mechanical parts fail on me.

Are you buying it just for your own racquets or for stringing others too? If you are just stringing for yourself, let me know your racquet and I will tell you if I have ever had any issues with clamping the crosses. It's mostly with Wilson that I have issues.

chuckd007 03-26-2013 05:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. I decided to pull the trigger on an Alpha Apex Plus.

gavna 03-26-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domosborn (Post 7303961)
As many people have echoed time and time again, the NEOS is rock solid, always has been, most likely always will be, also super easy to stick a wise on if you ever feel the need

Echo this........1500 bullit-proof - 2pt not an issue really. Proven design, ease of use....etc etc etc.