Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Michelle, the faceless Blogger (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458860)

nyc 03-26-2013 09:14 AM

Michelle, the faceless Blogger

So I know TW staff has been busy between IW and getting new stock in.

BUT I think it's a terrible oversight not to have Michelle listed under the Bloggers and have a little Bio movie so we know who she is.

After all, she's blogging up a storm and, to this day, remains faceless to us poor hacks.

TW Staff 03-26-2013 09:35 AM

NYC,

Don't worry! I am currently in the process of creating a Meet the Playtester blog for Michelle with an interview and video. She is on her first playtest video today! Her Bio will be up probably around next week on both the blog and on our website!

Brittany, TW

zapvor 03-26-2013 09:45 AM

ooo....lets see if brittany sneaks in a couple clips of michelle shanking to make herself look the superior playtester;)

nyc 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7304469)

Don't worry!

*phew*

what a relief.

:)

yeah the power of editing...should be interesting.

TW Staff 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7304483)
ooo....lets see if brittany sneaks in a couple clips of michelle shanking to make herself look the superior playtester;)

Hah...you think I shank balls?!?! :roll:

Michelle, TW

bad_call 03-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7304590)

Michelle, TW

say yes Michelle else zap will continue holding the lowest play level of TT posters. ;)

zapvor 03-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7304590)

Michelle, TW

ooo sounds like a challenge. you havent hit against my heavy ball;)

zapvor 03-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_call (Post 7304795)
say yes Michelle else zap will continue holding the lowest play level of TT posters. ;)

shhhh dont tell her man!!

TW Staff 03-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 7304430)
So I know TW staff has been busy between IW and getting new stock in.

BUT I think it's a terrible oversight not to have Michelle listed under the Bloggers and have a little Bio movie so we know who she is.

After all, she's blogging up a storm and, to this day, remains faceless to us poor hacks.

Thanks for the shout out ;)

And I'm an open book, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask...if you can't tell yet, I'm super passionate about tennis and feel so lucky to be part of the amazing TW team! I've spent my life playing tennis and being around tennis and am still learning so much every day!

Like Brittany said, just did my first video review today! :)

Michelle, TW

Overdrive 03-26-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7305100)
Thanks for the shout out ;)

And I'm an open book, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask...if you can't tell yet, I'm super passionate about tennis and feel so lucky to be part of the amazing TW team! I've spent my life playing tennis and being around tennis and am still learning so much every day!

Like Brittany said, just did my first video review today! :)

Michelle, TW

What item did you review?

TW Staff 03-26-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7305258)
What item did you review?

Kirschbaum Black Shark!

(with Yonex Poly Tour Pro to follow soon!)

Michelle, TW

Overdrive 03-26-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7305321)
Kirschbaum Black Shark!

Michelle, TW

Oh... a string... how wonderful.. :p

Do you know what racquet are you going to review in the future?

TW Staff 03-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7305365)
Oh... a string... how wonderful.. :p

Do you know what racquet are you going to review in the future?

Strings are changing the game! ;) Plus, I enjoy polys, and Black Shark has tested (and played) really well on the spin charts! Really enjoyed this string!

As far as racquets go, I will be on the Gamma RZR 95 review next. And a bunch of shoes coming up too.

Michelle, TW

Overdrive 03-26-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7305460)
Strings are changing the game! ;) Plus, I enjoy polys, and Black Shark has tested (and played) really well on the spin charts! Really enjoyed this string!

As far as racquets go, I will be on the Gamma RZR 95 review next. And a bunch of shoes coming up too.

Michelle, TW

You enjoy polys? What tension do you string your racquets on? I have never seen a rec player of any kind use poly more than 50 pounds. :)

Gamma RZR 95? I remember seeing Brittany review the Gamma RZR 98. That had a stiffness rating of 73! :shock:

I hope your upper body is ready for it.... :|

TW Staff 03-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7305528)
You enjoy polys? What tension do you string your racquets on? I have never seen a rec player of any kind use poly more than 50 pounds. :)

Gamma RZR 95? I remember seeing Brittany review the Gamma RZR 98. That had a stiffness rating of 73! :shock:

I hope your upper body is ready for it....

Hmmm...well I wouldn't consider myself a rec player...and I'm immune to stiffness ;)

Yep, love polys! I string my polys around 60 lbs usually. I have the Dunlop F5.0 Tour with Black Shark at 60lbs (what I used on the video; also playtested it at 58lbs in my Pure Drive), and my Pure Drives have Yonex Pro Poly at 60lbs and Spiky Shark at 58lbs.

I saw most of my wear and tear in my body in my college playing days and can handle it (I've been hitting the weights 3x week to be sure of it!), it works for my game ;)

Michelle, TW

zapvor 03-26-2013 05:55 PM

ooo if i recall brittany played college ball too. where did you play michelle?

poly at 60lbs-like a lot of juniors i string for. good stuff

TW Staff 03-26-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7305640)
ooo if i recall brittany played college ball too. where did you play michelle?

yep :) Brittany and I cross paths in a few ways actually ;) I started coaching the high school team she played for right AFTER she graduated and headed up to Cal Poly ;)

I played for (and later, coached) the Lobos ;)

Michelle, TW

zapvor 03-26-2013 06:05 PM

oh wow very neat! so you are like the big sis....
you know i have to ask now: whos better :P

zapvor 03-26-2013 06:09 PM

so curious since we are talking about faceless-are you in the bnp hit with the playtesters clip?

diredesire 03-26-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7305321)
Kirschbaum Black Shark!

Michelle, TW

I'm actually very interested to hear about the yonex poly. I strung some up at the ITA National indoors, and it felt very unique. Pretty slippery, one of the easiest poly strings I've done to date. If you've got any first cut impressions, please share!