Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Monte Carlo Masters 2013 - General Discussion Thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458900)

FedExpress17 03-26-2013 06:26 PM

Monte Carlo Masters 2013 - General Discussion Thread
 
The first masters of the clay season. Everyone looking for an early indicator as to how their favourite player will perform at the French Open. Will Djokovic take the opportunity to lay down the law ahead of his march towards a career Grand Slam? Will Nadal continue his extraordinary dominance of this event? Will Murray finally manage to break through and make a name for himself on a surface that should by right favour his defensive game? Discuss :)

kishnabe 03-26-2013 06:27 PM

I did not know the Clay Season started so soon, :rolleyes:

FedExpress17 03-26-2013 06:29 PM

I know its a tad early guys, i just thought I'd post the thread for any Clay court tennis fans to make some speculative posts before the clay season really kicks off :) Specially for the Nadal fans who are probably bored given that their hero chose to sit out miami :)

jm1980 03-26-2013 06:32 PM

Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 3-6 6-4

FedExpress17 03-26-2013 06:42 PM

Would certainly love to see a Djokovic Nadal final, would really make the clay season exciting if Djoker were to kick it off with a win :) Quite possible too, especially if he wins Miami, could give him great confidence :)

marc45 03-26-2013 08:42 PM

nadal lucky to win games this year...no chance joker doesn't win...just wanted to beat the fool here

norbac 03-26-2013 08:42 PM

Didn't clay season start a few weeks back in Indian Wells?

merwy 03-26-2013 08:44 PM

it's still almost 20 days until MC... we have Houston and Barcelona first.

Sid_Vicious 03-26-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbac (Post 7306237)
Didn't clay season start a few weeks back in Indian Wells?

It started in January actually. Get used to it, the clay season will end in September after the US Open.

Clarky21 03-26-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merwy (Post 7306244)
it's still almost 20 days until MC... we have Houston and Barcelona first.

Barcelona comes after MC.

monfed 03-26-2013 09:41 PM

Ralph's got this in the bag,will win MC without dropping a set.

tennisbuck 03-26-2013 09:46 PM

My un bold prediction is that Almagro will choke at some point during the tournament. I also think Murray's bad clay form will continue.

veroniquem 03-26-2013 10:41 PM

Djoko's form seems awful. Rafa all the way for this one (for a historic 9th title in a row, no less :shock:)

merwy 03-26-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7306371)
Barcelona comes after MC.

whoops, it's the women's barcelona that comes before MC, indeed the men's come after

Blinkism 03-26-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7306476)
Djoko's form seems awful. Rafa all the way for this one (for a historic 9th title in a row, no less :shock:)

Agreed, this is Djoker 1.0, right now. But if Nadal's not in his half, I can't see him not making the final.

beast of mallorca 03-26-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedExpress17 (Post 7305553)
The first masters of the clay season. Everyone looking for an early indicator as to how their favourite player will perform at the French Open. Will Djokovic take the opportunity to lay down the law ahead of his march towards a career Grand Slam? Will Nadal continue his extraordinary dominance of this event. Will Murray finally manage to break through and make a name for himself on a surface that should by right favour his defensive game? Discuss :)

Wow, you're fast.

Gonzo_style 03-27-2013 04:05 AM

a little too early for this thread....anyway Nadal will win this, without dropping a set

forzamilan90 03-27-2013 04:18 AM

Could very well be a Rafito Djoki final. Who wins? No clue.

vernonbc 03-27-2013 05:10 AM

Rafa wins a consecutive #9, an unprecedented feat in tennis.

Murrayfan31 03-27-2013 09:59 AM

Djokovic wins a 4 hour match against Nadal that forces Nadal to take another couple months off tennis due to all the punishment of Djokovic running Nadal to the ground. :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse