Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New MICA Touch Tecnifibre stringer - I want one! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458916)

gavna 03-26-2013 08:26 PM

New MICA Touch Tecnifibre stringer - I want one!

Got to check out the new Tecnifibre MIKA Touch machine today.......so far the only one in the states and Tecnifibre looking to get feedback on additions and customizations on the built to order babies.

Absolutely awesome machine - only negative is how bloody expensive the Tecnifibre stuff is.

http://twitter.com/firstservesatx/st...215104/photo/1

drakulie 03-26-2013 08:42 PM

thanks for posting. whats the price tag?

I remember when Tech was going to make a protable machine, with a traveling case. Any news on that, or did they scrub the idea?

I've always wanted to get a set of the stringing tools, but haven't been able to do so.

zapvor 03-26-2013 08:46 PM

i have always wanted a tecni machine too. or a yonex

Lakers4Life 03-26-2013 08:47 PM

For those of us who don't like to click on links. ;)

kadishack 03-26-2013 08:52 PM

I saw a TF6000 machine this weekend in person, it looks like a dream to string on...the clamps looked really nice. I was very jealous haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7306236)
I've always wanted to get a set of the stringing tools, but haven't been able to do so.

There is a set on the bay from the UK fyi...

gavna 03-26-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

I rememver when Tech was going to make a protable machine, with a traveling case. Any news on that, or did they scrub the idea?

No price set yet! an Ergo runs almost $11,000 base and tops out just under $14,000 and TF6000 is just over $7000 - so thinking close to what the Ergo runs! Not cheap - but the software and touchscreen so easy - TEC looking to add a feature that allows you to keep your hands on the string and use an automated action via an electric switch buy your foot to pull tension.....!!!!

The tool set in the soft carry bag? Runs about $400.......Still available and can get them in France and some parts of Europe.

We didn't talk about the portable unit - last I heard it was still being discussed.

gavna 03-26-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadishack (Post 7306269)
I saw a TF6000 machine this weekend in person, it looks like a dream to string on...the clamps looked really nice. I was very jealous haha

There is a set on the bay from the UK fyi...

Yep bag and all - asking over $400.......cool

zapvor 03-26-2013 09:09 PM

the foot pedal is weird actually

gavna 03-26-2013 09:17 PM

Ya I was trying to wrap my head around exactly how it would work????? Right now on the machine a T shaped steel footrest is there (at least that was what I thought it was). Told that TEC looking to add an electric foot activated system that would allow you to keep both hands on the string as much as possible and use the your foot to activate the tension.

This is brought to you by the folks who introduced Citroens to the world!

Chotobaka 03-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7306133)

Got to check out the new Tecnifibre MICA Touch machine today.......so far the only one in the states and Tecnifibre looking to get feedback on additions and customizations on the built to order babies.

Absolutely awesome machine - only negative is how bloody expensive the Tecnifibre stuff is.

http://twitter.com/firstservesatx/st...215104/photo/1

Is this up or down line from the superb TF8000? Either way, how do they differ?

Chotobaka 03-26-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

I remember when Tech was going to make a protable machine, with a traveling case. Any news on that, or did they scrub the idea?

The last time I discussed this with Paul Kid he said it was unlikely and that TF would only offer top, top end stationary machines geared towards shops.

gavna 03-26-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7306342)

Up........updated clamps, a similar tension headbut upgraded, more adjustability on the mounting system. New computer and operating system and crazy a** options on tension pulls.

gavna 03-26-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7306342)

If ever in San Antonio you can see it for yourself - gonna have it on the floor in full use. 3 TF6000, this baby and one new Sensor......

coachrick 03-26-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7306367)
If ever in San Antonio you can see it for yourself - gonna have it on the floor in full use. 3 TF6000, this baby and one new Sensor......

Where the heck is this? :) If you don't mind my asking.(Not SA...I know where that is ;) ) .

kkm 03-27-2013 02:55 AM

The Tecnifibre machines are built well. Compared to the Baiardo, Yonex, and Babolat machines, Tecnifibre machines are a bit awkward to string on. The mounting is sturdy, but the k side supports get in the way. The clamps take real effort to open and close. The button to activate the tension head is not on the puller; instead it is on the base of the machine.

mmk 03-27-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7306334)
Ya I was trying to wrap my head around exactly how it would work????? Right now on the machine a T shaped steel footrest is there (at least that was what I thought it was). Told that TEC looking to add an electric foot activated system that would allow you to keep both hands on the string as much as possible and use the your foot to activate the tension.

This is brought to you by the folks who introduced Citroens to the world!

Then I'd better keep clear, I was nearly run over by a 2CV that lost steering & brakes.

its_me_leon 03-27-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkm (Post 7306657)
The Tecnifibre machines are built well. Compared to the Baiardo, Yonex, and Babolat machines, Tecnifibre machines are a bit awkward to string on. The mounting is sturdy, but the k side supports get in the way. The clamps take real effort to open and close. The button to activate the tension head is not on the puller; instead it is on the base of the machine.

Totally agree, ... and their clamps aren't on the same level as Wilson or Babolat.
Having that said. I have never heard of a broken down Tecnifibre machine!
Babolat can learn something from that.

kkm 03-27-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its_me_leon (Post 7306823)
Totally agree, ... and their clamps aren't on the same level as Wilson or Babolat.
Having that said. I have never heard of a broken down Tecnifibre machine!
Babolat can learn something from that.

Also the toolkit is not remotely droolworthy. The Tecnifibre starting clamp is absolutely terrible, poorly made, with a big gap, without diamond dusting, looks very crudely made, with extremely poor holding power. It's the worst starting clamp I can ever remember using. The present-day Babolat starting clamp is the gold standard. The Tecnifibre cam action pliers are fine, but definitely not an improvement over the Babolat cam action pliers. I care for neither the Tecnifibre nor the Babolat "stringbed cutters." The Tecnifibre longnose pliers are unremarkable; same for the Tecnifibre awls. For widening grommet holes you can't go wrong with a cheap awl like the Gamma awl, as long as it's smooth. For a straightening awl the R-A-B or Kimony is good.

When something, like Tecnifibre or Pacific stringing machines and tools, is not widely available somewhere, people are naturally more curious. Neither is so special.

Good point on machine reliability!

gavna 03-27-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachrick (Post 7306454)
Where the heck is this? :) If you don't mind my asking.(Not SA...I know where that is ;) ) .

Rich Flores shop First Serve ......1931 Northwest Military Hwy, San Antone.......Castle Hills neighborhood just a mile north of loop 410

About 5 min from the main airport - opened in like 1988 or 1989 - honestly one of the best stringers in the region! Nice to have a local shop still going strong -
Rich has strung at RG and does just about all the sticks for the teams at Trinity, UTSA, Newks (25min away).

I know lots of folks in Austin (at least southern side in Westlake and points south ) that make the drive down to get their sticks done right.

gavna 03-27-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmk (Post 7306682)
Then I'd better keep clear, I was nearly run over by a 2CV that lost steering & brakes.

You know if a 2CV did hit you - it would have had all the damage......I think you would have had more trauma from all the potatoes falling out of it (in joke - the car was designed with the ability for small farmers and folks to pack their vegetables in the back to market.

Way off topic but have you seen the new DS line from Citroen!!!!!! The C6 is nice but the DS9!!!!!! Wow I would kill to have one here in the US. DS3, DS5 and the freaking DS9........not your daddies funky French wheels.