Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   David Ferrer clothing sponsor (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=459359)

chatt_town 03-31-2013 10:43 AM

David Ferrer clothing sponsor

Can someone tell me who sponsors David Ferrer's clothing? I see his cloths say Bovet. I looked that up and it says it's a watch company. Can someone help me out here a little?

Thanks,

kimguroo 03-31-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 7316447)
Can someone tell me who sponsors David Ferrer's clothing? I see his cloths say Bovet. I looked that up and it says it's a watch company. Can someone help me out here a little?

Thanks,

It's lotto. They started in this bussiness in 1973.

Maui19 03-31-2013 11:51 AM

I think Lotto makes good lucking stuff, but it is very hard to find in the US.

vsbabolat 03-31-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui19 (Post 7316828)
I think Lotto makes good lucking stuff, but it is very hard to find in the US.

TW has the Lotto. I think Lotto has the best looking clothing line this season.

stringertom 03-31-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 7316447)

Thanks,

LOL...Bovet is only one of Ferrer's sponsors and pays him to sew their patch on his Lotto shirts. Lotto is an Italian company and does great business in Europe, particularly in soccer. They tried to expand their tennis marketing with a strong tie-in with the ATP but with limited success. Soderling's lingering illness has also made them a bit more invisible.

gavna 03-31-2013 01:03 PM

They have also had some issues with distributors in the states.........Lotto Soccer easy to find but the tennis stuff not so......some of the smaller shops have had many issues getting stock of the shoes and outfits.

The new shoes have been in high demand but Lotto VERRRRY slow in getting stock to the shops.

vsbabolat 03-31-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7317005)
They have also had some issues with distributors in the states.........Lotto Soccer easy to find but the tennis stuff not so......some of the smaller shops have had many issues getting stock of the shoes and outfits.

The new shoes have been in high demand but Lotto VERRRRY slow in getting stock to the shops.

The new shoes are awesome by the way. The fit is like the old Futura Aleta and Futura Pro that I wore in the 90's.

Overdrive 03-31-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimguroo (Post 7316473)
It's lotto. They started in this bussiness in 1973.

No, it's not Lotto. It's C'mon- the new clothing line by Lleyton Hewitt.

:lol:

Boricua 03-31-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7316859)
TW has the Lotto. I think Lotto has the best looking clothing line this season.

TW united States has very limited Lotto line compared with TW Europe. I asked TW US to expand the line more as it is nice looking. In terms of tennis shoes Lotto raptors are very good.

MAXXply 03-31-2013 06:43 PM

Not a criticism but I'm a little surprised the O.P, as someone with over 1,000 posts to his name on a forum of tennis followers, did not know what brand of gear Ferrer was wearing. I just thought LOTTO had *enough* of a brand profile and cut-through with most tennis geeks, especially those who contribute to these forums. :-)

On the other hand, I always wondered who or what the heck Bovet was, the same way I always wondered what Lendl's old "S.Oliver" sleeve patches were...

(I actually thought Bovet was some kind of beef stock like Bovril lol)

stringertom 03-31-2013 09:46 PM

Until recently, Murray faced a conundrum every changeover...drink the bottled water provided by the tourney or help hype his tagged sponsor, Highland Springs, by swigging their stuff. I've noticed since AO'13 he doesn't wear their patch.

McLovin 04-01-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7317657)
Not a criticism but I'm a little surprised the O.P, as someone with over 1,000 posts to his name on a forum of tennis followers, did not know what brand of gear Ferrer was wearing.

Not to mention the fact that TW has this whole page:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playersATP.html
And it is easily accessible form the TW front page (it's labeled 'APT Player Gear').

PBODY99 04-01-2013 05:37 PM

S.Oliver

German clothing company

vsbabolat 04-02-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7317635)
TW united States has very limited Lotto line compared with TW Europe. I asked TW US to expand the line more as it is nice looking. In terms of tennis shoes Lotto raptors are very good.

TW USA has more Lotto in.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-MALOTTO.html

RSWatkins 04-02-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7320359)

Never thought to look at their gear, but it looks pretty good

gavna 04-02-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBODY99 (Post 7319606)
German clothing company

LOTTO is Italian.........

MAXXply 04-02-2013 07:43 AM

^^ He was referring to "S.Oliver" :-)

SoCalJay 04-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7317005)

Man, this is the crazy truth... He first started wearing the new Raptor IV shoe back at the 2012 WTF and that colorway (although super slick looking) never even became available. TW finally got the yellow/white and the white/blue pretty recently (in the last 30 days even?) but I'm hoping that the black ones appear at some point soon.

gavna 04-09-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalJay (Post 7321716)
Man, this is the crazy truth... He first started wearing the new Raptor IV shoe back at the 2012 WTF and that colorway (although super slick looking) never even became available. TW finally got the yellow/white and the white/blue pretty recently (in the last 30 days even?) but I'm hoping that the black ones appear at some point soon.

The Texas rep for Lotto (same guy is also Volkl) has been running around doing his best keep shops happy with delays.........does great selling the product but then can't provide stock......

SoCalJay 04-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7334883)
The Texas rep for Lotto (same guy is also Volkl) has been running around doing his best keep shops happy with delays.........does great selling the product but then can't provide stock......

That's gotta be a nightmare of a job. I guess it could be worse... He could be the UNIQLO clothing rep too!