Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer fans need to warm up to Murray (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=459867)

monfed 04-05-2013 08:21 AM

Federer fans need to warm up to Murray
 
Looking at Djoker's horrid form,it looks unlikely that he'll beat Ralph given the form Ralph is in,even after an 8 month layoff. :shock:

Rodge is in terminal decline and this could be his worst year on tour since his debut,even. I can't see him beating Ralph at any slam, at this point though I hope he beats him at the USO,should they meet. :)

So,we're left with Murray. Can Murray 2.0 beat Ralph at Wimby,should they meet in the semis and also USO? That's the big question. Now I know you folks don't like Murray's excessive pushing and the fact that he's a big **** doesn't make it easier to root for him either. Believe me I understand your sentiments. :neutral:

However, I think Federer fans need to start warming to the idea that Murray might be the new #1 and will be the man to stop Ralph atleast at Wimby and the HC slams(if Djoker doesn't do the job).

IDK bout you guys but between Murray and Ralph obviously you'd have to root for Murray(though it is a bit of a Sophie's choice.)

So are you ready to embrace Murray as the Dark Knight who'll save tennis from plunging into 2010-like depression or will Murray let us all down again by not holding up his end of the bargain? :lol:

Totai 04-05-2013 08:29 AM

I don't care if federer loses to ralph a million more times, and I don't care if rafa breaks every single one of feds records. I like federer because his game is beautiful and the man is a class act.

I hate the way murray acts on court. The leg grabbing, the fake limping when he is losing, the constant whining and screaming. I will never cheer for murray just because he might stop nadal from catching up to fed. If nadal plays v murray, I will be cheering nadal, because nadal isn't such a little wuss on court.

sbengte 04-05-2013 08:46 AM

The draw makers will ensure that Djoker-Murray-Delpo are all on the opposite half and only one of them gets to face Nadal, so there. You may not have Murray facing Nadal at all.
Ralph already has the remaining 3 slams for this year in his bag, so don't even bother asking these kind of questions :lol:

Interesting fact : Nadal has never won a slam where he has had to go through both Murray and Djokovic.

Say Chi Sin Lo 04-05-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbengte (Post 7326529)
The draw makers will ensure that Djoker-Murray-Delpo are all on the opposite half and only one of them gets to face Nadal, so there. You may not have Murray facing Nadal at all.
Ralph already has the remaining 3 slams for this year in his bag, so don't even bother asking these kind of questions :lol:

Interesting fact : Nadal has never won a slam where he has had to go through both Murray and Djokovic.

I can't even remember the last time Nadal had either in his draw. He's always had 4 rounds of no-names, then play someone who's going to mind-beep himself in the quarters.

kalyan4fedever 04-05-2013 08:52 AM

:shock: who is ralph

Murrayfan31 04-05-2013 08:57 AM

I'd rather them hate Murray. It makes the win all that more sweet when he takes your hero down.

Mick3391 04-05-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monfed (Post 7326469)
Looking at Djoker's horrid form,it looks unlikely that he'll beat Ralph given the form Ralph is in,even after an 8 month layoff. :shock:

Rodge is in terminal decline and this could be his worst year on tour since his debut,even. I can't see him beating Ralph at any slam, at this point though I hope he beats him at the USO,should they meet. :)

So,we're left with Murray. Can Murray 2.0 beat Ralph at Wimby,should they meet in the semis and also USO? That's the big question. Now I know you folks don't like Murray's excessive pushing and the fact that he's a big **** doesn't make it easier to root for him either. Believe me I understand your sentiments. :neutral:

However, I think Federer fans need to start warming to the idea that Murray might be the new #1 and will be the man to stop Ralph atleast at Wimby and the HC slams(if Djoker doesn't do the job).

IDK bout you guys but between Murray and Ralph obviously you'd have to root for Murray(though it is a bit of a Sophie's choice.)

So are you ready to embrace Murray as the Dark Knight who'll save tennis from plunging into 2010-like depression or will Murray let us all down again by not holding up his end of the bargain? :lol:

I've tried, trust me to be a Murray fan. I know Fed is on the way out, but the dude has zero personality, zero charm, zero interesting play, there's just nothing there, I wish there were.

Lukhas 04-05-2013 09:01 AM

I don't even know if Nadal will be at the USO honestly. Doesn't seem to like tournaments after Wimbledon. Doesn't seem to like fast harcourts either. Then he has an habit of playing even when he shouldn't due to injuries, wouldn't be surprised he does it again, even if he shouldn't. Well, he shouldn't have many times already. Federer doesn't seem to bother about RG, but more about his slam count. See ya at Wimby/USO Roger. Djokovic is interested in RG much more than the other guys. Murray has stepped his game up, we'll see on clay, but even if I respect him, I can't root for him. I don't want to watch a Djokovic vs Murray anymore in a slam final, or anywhere. Seriously. With their extremely alike games and surface harmonization, no, no more. It's not even because I don't like him (he's pretty flat though), it's that I don't want to see him play against Djokovic, and since both Fed and Nadal have a consequent amount of tear and wear (we'll still see Nadal at RG at least, as usual), it likely means we'll have to get this kind of matches at least in two slams out of four: USO and AO.

Mainad 04-05-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totai (Post 7326485)
If nadal plays v murray, I will be cheering nadal, because nadal isn't such a little wuss on court.

Lol..just count up how many fake MTOs Nadal has taken compared to Murray and then come out and tell us which of them is the bigger wuss on court!!!

:twisted:

Mainad 04-05-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 7326570)
I've tried, trust me to be a Murray fan. I know Fed is on the way out, but the dude has zero personality, zero charm, zero interesting play, there's just nothing there, I wish there were.

That's a bit harsh. I think Fed can be charming when he puts his mind to it! :)

But I doubt Fed fans will ever warm to Murray so long as he he continues to hold a winning H2H against him which he has done for almost the entire time they have played each other!

NatF 04-05-2013 09:26 AM

I kind of like Murray and Nadal, it's just the Nadal fans that put me off. Plus his stupid 2 year ranking idea. Murray bores me sometimes, but other times he can put on great matches. At Wimbledon for example.

kragster 04-05-2013 09:26 AM

OP your post is based on the presumption that all Fed fans are Rafa haters and their sole motivation in life is to see Rafa lose.

I'm pretty sure some of your fellow Fed fans will disagree with you.

Mick3391 04-05-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7326622)
That's a bit harsh. I think Fed can be charming when he puts his mind to it! :)

No offense to Murray, heh I think all the top guys are awesome, but from a fan standpoint, if Murray is on, I'm just not interested.

I do like Nadal, I can watch him, think he's exciting and really talented, he's at least got a personality.

Saw an interview with Murray, kind of felt sorry for him, he said something like "People think I have no emotion because my voice is so dry, I've tried but that's just how I am, but I do have emotion".

At least Nadal HAS style, his deal is "I'm a animal", that's cool, can roll with that.

I just don't like any of the top players except Fed or Nadal. I like guys like Haas, but he's not going to be doing anything. Nadal can win any of the GS's, knock out Djokovich, so if he can stay well I'm behind him, if not and it's jut Djoke and Murray, I'm just not watching tennis, I mean track meet:)

Mick3391 04-05-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7326579)
I don't even know if Nadal will be at the USO honestly. Doesn't seem to like tournaments after Wimbledon. Doesn't seem to like fast harcourts either. Then he has an habit of playing even when he shouldn't due to injuries, wouldn't be surprised he does it again, even if he shouldn't. Well, he shouldn't have many times already. Federer doesn't seem to bother about RG, but more about his slam count. See ya at Wimby/USO Roger. Djokovic is interested in RG much more than the other guys. Murray has stepped his game up, we'll see on clay, but even if I respect him, I can't root for him. I don't want to watch a Djokovic vs Murray anymore in a slam final, or anywhere. Seriously. With their extremely alike games and surface harmonization, no, no more. It's not even because I don't like him (he's pretty flat though), it's that I don't want to see him play against Djokovic, and since both Fed and Nadal have a consequent amount of tear and wear (we'll still see Nadal at RG at least, as usual), it likely means we'll have to get this kind of matches at least in two slams out of four: USO and AO.

That's hilarious, just noticed the imposed "Pong" on the Wimby field, that's how it seems to me.

Some criticize me and others for not liking pure baseline game, but heh guys that's how we feel. I don't criticize those that love that, to each their own!

Lukhas 04-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 7326638)
Some criticize me and others for not liking pure baseline game, but heh guys that's how we feel. I don't criticize those that love that, to each their own!

That's not even that I dislike "pure" baseline game, although the tendency to blow putaway volleys makes me cringe. A lot. It's that both guys are so similar that it isn't very entertaining to watch anymore. Even if I like Nadal, I don't want 6 hours finals anymore either. And this, even if he's more aggressive as of late. I know people won't agree, I respect that, but that's how I feel.

Say Chi Sin Lo 04-05-2013 09:54 AM

There's nothing wrong with "pure" baseline game. Andre Agassi was a joy to watch, and he was as pure as anyone at the baseline.

There's a difference between an attacking baseline game, and today's topspin-mow-you-to-sleep baseline game.

The Bawss 04-05-2013 09:56 AM

Nope. Just nope.

zagor 04-05-2013 09:58 AM

Murray, the saviour of Fed's GOAT legacy.

Phoenix1983 04-05-2013 10:06 AM

Murray has a great chance at W and the USO.

I'd love to see a Rafa-Murray Wimbledon final actually.

zam88 04-05-2013 10:53 AM

Federer fans are already pretty thankful Djokavic has done what he has done.

Without the emergence of the Djoker, I'd say Nadal would be on 13 slams already, possibly 14, and we'd have a serious problem of Nadal catching Fed.

As a Federer fan, I want Murray to emerge, i dont' like him, i won't watch him, but I think he can take nadal out on hard court or grass, and we need those types of wins.


So I'm warm to him, but only as a possible nadal stopper. if he can steal a couple majors from Djoker like in the USO, that'd be great too.

For the Fed Legacy, we really need Nadal < 15 Majors, Djoker < 12, We need Murray to somehow pick up about 5 majors to keep those numbers in check.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse