Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Closest modern racquet to Radical Tour TwinTube (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=460735)

fasfsfgs 04-14-2013 06:55 PM

Closest modern racquet to Radical Tour TwinTube

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a replacement for my Head Radical Tour TwinTube Midplus 98' (candycane). Like this one.
I just love this racquet but I can't find a second one to buy as a spare or for when my string breaks. I live in Brazil and I use L2 handle so it's impossible to find another one around here. I got another TwinTube 97' (zebra), but somehow it doesn't feel the same.

I'm looking for a modern racquet so I don't have to live with this trouble of using a racquet that doesn't exist anymore.

I have a Youtek IG Radical Midplus but it is not even close to my TT.

So I'm looking for some advice of which modern racquet behaves like TT. Preferably HEAD because I think I'm addicted to their handle shape.

Thank you all for the help!

Thepowerofchoice 04-14-2013 07:47 PM

Try putting Head Prestige midplus grommets (full capped) on to your new Radical. Also add some silicone inside the buttcap to match weight and balance to your Radical Tour Twintube.

Tamiya 04-14-2013 09:31 PM

I capped a LM Rad and it does feel more plush than its twin uncapped.

From their modern lineup, the YT iG Prestige S feels more like a Rad than a Prestige

Centryx 04-15-2013 12:45 AM

you know what is funny I have a candy cane and it seems to me that it plays light, just by swinging the three different versions capped the candy cane has a lower SW and weight overall compared to a Zebra (highest and heaviest) bumblebee (2nd in weight) candy cane (3rd lightest)

fasfsfgs 04-16-2013 05:54 PM

Today I tried a YouTek Prestige MP. It was an alright racquet, but it lacks that light feeling combined with a heavy (at least imo) racquet that candy cane has. It's lighter, but it feels heavier than candy cane somehow. I honestly didn't like it. I'm trying to find a YT IG Prestige Mid as some people are saying that racquet is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centryx (Post 7344240)
you know what is funny I have a candy cane and it seems to me that it plays light, just by swinging the three different versions capped the candy cane has a lower SW and weight overall compared to a Zebra (highest and heaviest) bumblebee (2nd in weight) candy cane (3rd lightest)

Exactly Centryx. Although my candy cane is 341g strung (heavier than most modern stuff), it feels pretty light and confortable. That's one of the things I can't seem to find in another racquet. I feel a great control with the right amount of power with my candy cane.
My zebra is 347g tho, but it feels way heavier like you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya (Post 7344100)
I capped a LM Rad and it does feel more plush than its twin uncapped.

From their modern lineup, the YT iG Prestige S feels more like a Rad than a Prestige

I'm a bit afraid trying a racquet with such a small head. I already have some problems hitting the sweetspot because I'm not used to focus on the ball all the way to the contact point so Prestige S may enhance that problem. Does this make sense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thepowerofchoice (Post 7343969)
Try putting Head Prestige midplus grommets (full capped) on to your new Radical. Also add some silicone inside the buttcap to match weight and balance to your Radical Tour Twintube.

Hmmm. That's an interesting idea. I already tried to lead up my ig radical to try to create a candy cane feel but I failed it miserably. I put some lead on 12 and on handle. Maybe the full cap grommets will give a more natural weight than lead does. I'll see if I can find those grommets for sale here. Thanks for this alternative.

Thanks everyone for the responses and keep'em coming. =)