Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Do you take any supplements? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461200)

canadad 04-19-2013 10:50 PM

Do you take any supplements?

So I decided that I was going to make a New Year's resolution and get in better shape and lose weight. Here we are in April and I am in pretty good shape. Thanks to regular vigorous exercise and a lower carb diet I am down about 28 pounds since January.

Since I have been doing such a good job being healthier, I introduced supplements into my daily regime. I take protein powder, vitamin D, omega 3, raspberry ketones and greens. I do think they make a difference, I am not tired all the time and I feel better. I even have the occasional indulgence in my diet and the weight doesn't seem to stick.

What supplements do you take if any?

r2473 04-20-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadad (Post 7355307)

Bacon

merlebo02 04-20-2013 10:21 AM

I was doing the advocare stuff. Pretty much same stuff as you mentioned.

They have something for post work out that I'm gonna give a try because I'm same situation as you, I've dropped about 30 lbs since January. But I don't feel good, I've been tired and sluggish. Thinking I'm not getting enough calories but while in diet mode I sure don't want to be on the other side of the spectrum by getting to many calories.

I've been maintaining 1600 cal/day and alternating running(3.1mi) and agility drills 45 min of jump rope and cones. I'm 5'10" was 245 but down to 215 (headed to 200).

With that said I'm not sure how much supplement you need because a HEALTHY diet is very nutritious and has pretty much everything your body needs.

Talker 04-20-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlebo02 (Post 7356289)
I was doing the advocare stuff. Pretty much same stuff as you mentioned.

They have something for post work out that I'm gonna give a try because I'm same situation as you, I've dropped about 30 lbs since January. But I don't feel good, I've been tired and sluggish. Thinking I'm not getting enough calories but while in diet mode I sure don't want to be on the other side of the spectrum by getting to many calories.

I've been maintaining 1600 cal/day and alternating running(3.1mi) and agility drills 45 min of jump rope and cones. I'm 5'10" was 245 but down to 215 (headed to 200).

With that said I'm not sure how much supplement you need because a HEALTHY diet is very nutritious and has pretty much everything your body needs.

What the body needs has been debated, the result of the debates: Unresolved.

Don't eat more than a half pound of bacon, your tongue will get sore.

sureshs 04-20-2013 11:30 AM

There have been some very useful threads on this before. Please search for them.

Cindysphinx 04-20-2013 07:25 PM

No supplements of any kind for me.

Sentinel 04-21-2013 12:25 AM

Gluten

10Cvacs

RiggensAuroraHO 04-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadad (Post 7355307)

Animal Pak
Potassium
Magnesium
Zinc
Vit B12
Vit B Complex
Vit C
Vit D3
Vit K
BCAAs
Whey Protein with Creatine and HMB
TCM herbs for liver health and to boost kidney and spleen strength
Tumeric
Nordatropin
AndroGel

r2473 04-21-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiggensAuroraHO (Post 7359074)
Animal Pak
Potassium
Magnesium
Zinc
Vit B12
Vit B Complex
Vit C
Vit D3
Vit K
BCAAs
Tumeric
Nordatropin
AndroGel

............And a partridge in a pear tree

maggmaster 04-21-2013 04:20 PM

Fish oil, sesame seed oil, multi vitamin and a joint supplement. I know, i know maybe they are all useless but then again, maybe not.

sureshs 04-21-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Animal Pak
Potassium
Magnesium
Zinc
Vit B12
Vit B Complex
Vit C
Vit D3
Vit K
BCAAs
Tumeric
Nordatropin
AndroGel

Where do you get the TCM herbs from?

T1000 04-21-2013 07:34 PM

Controlled Labs Orange Triad - complete multivitamin with joint, immune, and digestion benefits. Honestly the best multivitamin imo especially since you can find it cheap, better than Animal Pak, Anavite, and Univite.

Fish Oil - I don't eat fish so I take fish oil

Syntha-6 Protein - to help reach my macros (cals, protein, carbs, fat) Protein timing (ex. right after lifting) isn't necessary, can take it whenever you want and get the same results

Creatine Mono 3g daily

Preworkout - for those days when I need the extra boost. Caffeine tablets are cheaper and do almost the same thing. Not necessary but some days it's nice to have that extra energy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's all you need for supplements, everything else is basically useless

onehandbh 04-22-2013 03:21 AM

I sometimes take a probiotic. Seems to help with digestion and works great
if I have indigestion.

Also take a multi-vitamin about 1x a week or every other week.

I also supplement my meals with pringles and animal crackers.
The problem with the Pringles is that once I open the package, I end
up eating the whole can in one sitting.

RiggensAuroraHO 04-22-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7360027)
Where do you get the TCM herbs from?

If you live near one, see a doctor in any Chinatown. If you don't, make a trip, buy whatever OTC he recommends, and then, you can order from Amazon, albeit, with a price increase.

RiggensAuroraHO 04-22-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 7359453)
............And a partridge in a pear tree

I haven't been here long but there are always those looking for a fight because this is the internet, and everyone is anonymous. I don't know you, but if you really want to fight, anonymous does not have to remain so.

T1000 04-22-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Animal Pak
Potassium
Magnesium
Zinc
Vit B12
Vit B Complex
Vit C
Vit D3
Vit K
BCAAs You don't need to supplement with BCAAs, save your money and use it elsewhere
Tumeric
Nordatropin is this the hgh stuff or something else?
AndroGel why not take AEN Ape or DS Triazole/Activate Xtreme? It'smore effective at raising test and free test, or is it something your prescribed and have to take?

Also, why take so many extra vitamins on top of a multi? I'm just thinking you could just take animal pak, protein, and androgel or another natty test booster and save a lot of money. IDK anything about tumeric or herbs so I'm not gonna say anything about those.

eidolonshinobi 04-22-2013 06:33 AM

Eat Healthy whole foods, sleep well, exercise at least 5 days a week.

That's all you need.

RiggensAuroraHO 04-22-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 7360888)
Also, why take so many extra vitamins on top of a multi? I'm just thinking you could just take animal pak, protein, and androgel or another natty test booster and save a lot of money. IDK anything about tumeric or herbs so I'm not gonna say anything about those.

My body really responds to AndroGel. Most guys with low-T increase only 100 points with topical test. I have increases of 500-800 points with just one packet per day, depending on whether or not I add it to non-recommended places, which also raise DHT. My free test is now off the charts. Have you seen what Stallone looks like? Ten years from now, everyone over 50 will be using HGH and testosterone gels.

BCAAs are very cheap, and taken during and immediately after a tough workout totally keeps you from getting sore. Lastly, take one 44 pack can of Animal Pak, and then, go off for a day or two using a multi instead. I will put money on it that you will never experiment with a multi again.

I also take Armour Thyroid and T3 to jack-up my thyroid numbers immediately upon awaking and follow that with probiotics 30 minutes later, waiting at least 20 min before breakfast.

*-I take a lot of fish oils as well but I find that three Anivite does nothing for me, but my son swears by them at 28, and he used to be an Animal Pak user. However, I believe that his usage of Jack3D and some other NO products make-up for the Anivite's deficiencies.

El Diablo 04-22-2013 07:59 AM

^^ I've seen Stallone; he looks grotesque.

mike84 04-22-2013 08:04 AM

quality multivitamin (decent one is optimum nutrition for price)

exercise 4 times week

good diet

drink lots of water

8-9 hours of sleep