Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Yonex RAcket UPgrade ?! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461238)

simon marsh 04-20-2013 11:24 AM

Yonex RAcket UPgrade ?!

Hi EVeryone.
I have been using with great satisfaction YOnex RDS 003 rackets for the past 4 years.
I really enjoy this racket, light, easy to manoeuvre, powerful, though do get the occasional flyer !.
I have had a few arm issues, though my coach says mainly due to a straight arm at impact, so working on changing that.
So many models to choose now, I am reluctant to change, bit feel a newer model may improve my game.
I am a first team club player, am 50 & have good strokes.
Rqis tour gets good reviews, though again dated, so what can you all recommend/ advise
One of my 003's is weighted which gives a more solid hit & helps when playing hard hitters serves.
One thing, won't be changing from Yonex

KTF Simon

Lilguy1456 04-20-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon marsh (Post 7356405)
Hi EVeryone.
I have been using with great satisfaction YOnex RDS 003 rackets for the past 4 years.
I really enjoy this racket, light, easy to manoeuvre, powerful, though do get the occasional flyer !.
I have had a few arm issues, though my coach says mainly due to a straight arm at impact, so working on changing that.
So many models to choose now, I am reluctant to change, bit feel a newer model may improve my game.
I am a first team club player, am 50 & have good strokes.
Rqis tour gets good reviews, though again dated, so what can you all recommend/ advise
One of my 003's is weighted which gives a more solid hit & helps when playing hard hitters serves.
One thing, won't be changing from Yonex

KTF Simon

The obvious choices are the VCores, whether it be 89 or 97, what have you...

Let me just say...I JUST got off the court with my new VCore Tour 97 310, and I REALLY did NOT like most it, especially coming off my RDX 500 Mid. If you like the classic feel, the new models don't have it.

I would suggest a RDX 500, but I won't because I want to buy any of the used ones out there...so...nevermind! :)

simon marsh 04-20-2013 11:53 AM

Thanks for that.
Have just looked at review on Vcore 98, looks good !
Don't want to go below a 95

Simon

simon marsh 04-20-2013 01:15 PM

Been reading loads of reviews !
Looks like the Vcore Tour 89 is the all singing racket ?
Will that be too bigger move from my RDS 003's

Simon

tistrapukcipeht 04-20-2013 05:57 PM

If you use multifilament to take care of your arm on your current racquet you should try the 98D, I thought it was nice, but i preferred 97T, bigger sweet spot than 98d, or you can go with Ezone Xi, this is a arm friendly racquet, you may like it, though it is a cannon if you don't have the right tension for it.

Yeah, there is a huge following with 89t, but you could be fine with 98d , 97t 310g or Ezone Xi.

vandre 04-20-2013 07:04 PM

i moved from the rds003 to a combination of rqis 1 tours and 1 tour xls. i would recommend the xls just because i think it plays a little closer to the rds003. its a bit lighter than the other one and seems to have a bit more pop. i'd rather use the rqis 1 tours for indoors or hot summer days outdoors and it seems like to me the placement is better with the rqis 1 tour (non-XL version). otherwise, it's mostly the xls for me.

simon marsh 04-21-2013 12:41 AM

Many thanks for the device so far.
98d or vcore 89 seem well liked
Pleased to here a fello 003 user has successfully switched.
Before using YOnex I played WIlson N Six One, that killed my arm ! Was like using a plank !